Kate Gosselin's Fame Gets an Extension

1/11/2010 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

America's favorite divorced mother of eight, Kate Gosselin, has traded in her trademark highlighted bi-level reverse mullet Midwest raccoon weave for polyester extensions which make her look like 9 out of 10 other blondes in Hollywood.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

The 34-year-old showed off her camera-ready new 'do while out and about in Pennsylvania this weekend.

Kate's gonna weave that man right out of her hair.

LJ

i think she looks like tara reid. why would anyone want to look like tara reid?????

Pam

Now do something about that sour puss face!
She just always looks so mean and mad....a permanent scowl on her face.

These hair extensions are awful. Sorry to the dude who did them, but if he charged me $7,000 for this hot mess, there'd be a lawsuit. My guess is Queen Kate will get rid of them very soon. They are not very flattering at all.

HasBeens

I actually think the new do looks good on her; takes away the hard lines in her face. Or maybe getting rid of Jon did that (I lost 20 lbs. after I dumped my ex). I never understood what she saw in him anyway. He could change his hair, lose weight, and he still wouldn't be appealing to me. Bet he's wishing he weren't so hasty in cheating on her now. She looks better than any of the women I've seen him with and/or without (Octomom).

Lekili

The nasty looking weave (she paid $7,000.00 for that) doesn't change who she is as a person, it just make her look more like the selfish person we know she is. Couldn't that money have been better spent on her children?
Both parents are so self absorbed that it makes me sick.

P

I REALLY LIKE IT. I THINK IT SUITS HER. IT IS TIME TO GET ON WITH HER LIFE AND MOVE ON FROM JON. HE IS A TOTAL LOOSER. WAY TO GO KATE!!!

Ziggy

It took 20 hours and cost $7,000 so she gets the cover of People magazine!! Are you effing kidding me? She's famous for pumping out a bunch of kids who by the way are her bread and butter because she pimps them out to national tv. Doesn't anyone see the problem with this scenario? Everyone talking about how beautiful her hair looks when our economy is in the toilet and people are still losing their jobs every single day. It's amazing how stupid we've become when people like her are celebrities. A young policeman was killed in the line of duty in my town and college graduates can't find jobs because there aren't any. These stories are much more important than Kate Gosselin's hairweave.

Corinne

She looks so pretty like that and much younger!

jazzBub

I love you Kate! You are just so f***kn HOT!!!!!!!!

P

SHE DOES TAKE CARE OF HER KIDS. IF SHE DIDN'T NO ONE WOULD, JON SURE ISN'T GOING TO. HER CHILDREN DO NOT SEEM TO WANT FOR ANYTHING SO LIGHTEN UP ON HER GETTING HER HAIR DONE. NO ONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT COST. PEOPLE ARE JUST GUESSING.

nicole_w4759

First, I think the new hair looks great. Her old hair even looked good. Two, why is everyone b!tching about the cost? Her kids are eating, her bills get paid, and she works. No one talks about Angelina spending crap loads of money on a dress that she wears one time. What's the difference between these two women? Not too much of a difference...exactly. Some of you guys need to get some Prozac and worry about your own lives and how you're going to pay your bills and feed YOUR kids.

Sherry

I am surprised how many positive comments there are. If you read the comments below the people article on Kate there is maybe one in 10 that are good. That usually only happens on Radar with the elderly women.

nicole_w4759

Number 47: Jennifer. Honey this is TMZ not MSNBC. You're on the wrong news site.

browngirl

Do unto others before they do it to you.....Jon got hair plugs and Kate got extension. Tit for tat. They are even...now let us move on.

snow

They did not say that her hair extensions were $7000.00 to all you haters. The stylist said at one of his shops that it would be that approx. cost. She didn't pay that.

Q

I like it. better than whatever that last hairstyle was.