Simon Cowell Courts Paula Abdul

1/11/2010 6:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulPaula Abdul has had discussions with Simon Cowell about being a judge on the U.S. version of "The X Factor"... sources tell TMZ.

The irony is stunning -- Simon, the lynchpin of "American Idol," abandoning ship and teaming up with the woman who was unceremoniously dumped from "A.I."

Our sources would not say how far along the discussions have gone between Simon and Paula ... but there were talks as recently as late last week.

paula abdul pics

Miss Lyss

I wouldn't put it past them if they were discussing for months about this, and just wanted a big time gap in between their announcements, but just making an agreement in the background. But that's jut me.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Simon is banging Paula on the side,it must realy be good,she must talk dirty to him

a the fantastic

YEYE!

TEAM PAULA!!

Hope she gets $10 mil to do this! I LOVE Paula AI is crap without her. Her getting dumped was sexism for sure, why wouldn't they pay her the same amount for doing the same job as the guys beside her?!

1 SMALL step for women everywhere...

I am SO GLAD simons leaving AI (that show is so 90's) I wonder if Randy Jackson feels stupid now (being the last to know) what's going to happen to the DAWG?!

Mikey

Paula knew this was coming, its all a set up. Simon is sticking Randy with Kara Dioguardi and taking Paula with him to X Factor. This will ensure A.I. ratings tank once Simons cranks up his new show. And Ellen will bail after one season.

hmmm

awesome! Paula, Simon... and NO Ryan Peacrust and no Randy jackson and no Kara and No ellen? perfect. I hate ellen, kara and especially Ryan. they are annoying.

dr cyclops

paula is going to interview for the job like most women get jobs..on her knees heh heh heh

Poindexter

That no-talent should grab anything that's tossed her way. What an a-hole.

Sharon

Oh, how stupid! NOT Paula again. She's really not interesting at all. I definitely will not watch if she's a judge.

trish

I think he and Paula are bangin...He has to follow her around like a puppy. she either is a good screamer or folds her teeth back well and smiles at him the same time cause that is just weird how he HAS to be near her...Damn Paula could have picked someone with good looks and a nice package.I seriously doubt he is good in bed. he probly is premature each and every time. I'm getting close to you..OOOHHH damn..I did it again...sorry..Gizz in my pants..I'll go smoke now....

hunsister

I will stop watching AI once Simon is gone and it's already losing its audience. I will definitely watch X Factor and would love to have Paula back! I think Ellen would be a good addition too. She's smart enough to know that Kara and Randy are losers without Simon.

jordyhammonds

Check out the great song "AMERICAN IDOL TRIBUTE SONG 2010"

it's on U-Tube.

Melissa

American Idol is dead. It was great the first couple of years, but then they began having contestants that had some pro experience and some even had had failed CDs released. The beginning seasons, contestants seemed naive and young and eager to please...later seasons, especially the last one, they became cynical failed professionals. The fun was gone.

Tammy

Where is TMZ live today?

Sup it up

Invisible, irresistible, can I get inside you? Look, but don't kill me that hook. Taking a sh!t on her face man, I bring more to the pace. A killing spree on the woods destroys anyone in the hoods. I know your pathetic but don't forget it. I'm out ya'll, see ya!

Shannon

How was Paula "unceremoniously dumped from AI??" She quit of her own accord.....the producers just didn't come running after her to kiss her ass like she expected them to. She learned something that many of these "personalities" would do well to learn: none of them are indispensible, especially not a wacky, has-been, former pop singer who makes outrageous, unjustified salary demands and acts like a diva.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments