Accusations Fly in Sudden Deaths of MJ Giraffes

1/13/2010 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The owners of two celebrity giraffes -- which once belonged to Michael Jackson and roamed freely in Neverland -- are crying "foul play" after the animals mysteriously died.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

PETA sounded alarms this morning when news broke of the giraffes deaths, pointing fingers at the Banjoko Wildlife Preserve in Page, Arizona -- where the giraffes had been living since 2006 -- claiming the preserve was responsible for the deaths due to "improper feeding and/or exposure to cold temperatures."

TMZ spoke with the Banjoko Preserve founder, Freddie Hancock, and she tells us -- "We suspect foul play with the giraffes. There is no other explanation for their deaths. There is currently a police investigation going on. Someone has hurt these giraffes, they were healthy."

A necropsy is currently underway to establish an official cause of death -- but Hancock insists the animals were well taken care of: "There is no sign of infection, abuse, or neglect."

The giraffes -- named JJ and Rambo -- had been at the center of a vicious legal battle between Banjoko and the local city council over a $100,000 bond to cover the animals in case of emergency.

cindee

CHER YOU ARE A ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO READ YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW
THAT BRING INTELLIGENT, WELL THOUGHT OUT OPINIONS TO THE THREAD
"YOU GO GIRL" WHEN I SEE "CHER" I KNOW IT'S WORTH READING....

"OH WELL" WHAT A MISERABLE BABBLING IGNORAMUS,YOUR CONPLETELY
VOID OF HUMAN FEELING, YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP

bunny

35. CHER YOU ARE A ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO READ YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW
THAT BRING INTELLIGENT, WELL THOUGHT OUT OPINIONS TO THE THREAD
"YOU GO GIRL" WHEN I SEE "CHER" I KNOW IT'S WORTH READING....

"OH WELL" WHAT A MISERABLE BABBLING IGNORAMUS,YOUR CONPLETELY
VOID OF HUMAN FEELING, YOU NEED SERIOUS HELP

Posted at 5:31AM on Jan 13th 2010 by CINDEE

agree with you wholeheartedly, Cindee. Wish there were more like Cher on here. I scroll past the pages of mostly rubbish, but always stop when I see a comment from Cher. Am never disappointed.

janicebyrne01

Seems that like Michael, they were murdered. We know that Murray murdered Michael but we wait to see who murdered the giraffes.

danger baby

How very sad that some a-hole in AZ decided to kill the giraffes to 'solve' the legal battle. I have no doubt that that is what happened. The owner should put video cameras all over that property. The culprit(s) will probably be back to do more damage.

shuffler

* Can someone fill me in. I may be a bit thick here. Why was a $100,000 bond required by the city council in the first place? I'm not sure I understand the reason of "cover the animals in case of emergency"

* Is it normal for a female to be called Freddie?

Della

So if the giraffe's owner needed a special form from the city and they refused to give her the form, how was she supposed to get the bond?

Now the giraffes are dead? Smells like foul play. Not on her part.

By the way.. Can we go back to the story about the Ghost of OJ regarding MJ.. They investigation about him is supposed to be wrapping up on the 18th of January. Please refer to this story.. in the archives. No, we didn't forget!

Della

To shuffler and danger baby-

I will assume the "murder" of these giraffes was the "in case of emergency"

JustSayOzzy

Better check them for Propofol!

booshe

so sad...i feel something fishy going on, cuz how in the world the two giraffs found dead together if one of them died and the other isnt it would make sense ,but both of them at the same time that doesnt happen very often

Truth Unblinded

Everyone this is Michaels's Giraffee. Bleat bleeeeat! I want to reveal that we died of malnutrition. No one fed us. I remember when Michael would leave us dead chinese boys covered on cream up in the trees to eat. But we were always hungry again an hour later. BLEEEEAT BLEEEEEEEEEAT!

causeiamok

Are they really dead or is this a hoax as well?

hahahaha!

That sucks, very sad. Two healthy animals, never mind giraffes just die at the same time form natural causes. Whoever is found responsible I hope they get more than a slap on the wrist.

sue

good morning all!! it just seems very strange out of all the animals they have that the two that mj owned at one time are now dead?something wrong with this picture? poor giraffes!!sad very sad.-sue from tampa

sunnymaxx

Poor giraffs. RIP

I wonder if Dr. Murray paid them a visit recently. Murderer!!

Cathy

I hope Bubbles is well protected! He might be next!