Leno and NBC Strike 1 Hour 'Tonight' Deal

1/14/2010 10:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno has made a new deal with NBC, which gives him "The Tonight Show" from 11:35 - 12:35 ... sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, under the contract Jay had been working under, he was guaranteed the 10 PM hour. By moving him to 11:35, NBC was in breach of his contract and needed to negotiate a new deal. That is now done, sources tell TMZ.

So Conan O'Brien is out, and Jay is restored.

Jay Leno pictures

Ricky

I like them both... But NBC is STUPID for staying with Leno... Leno will now compete with Letterman, Conan (which will likely have a 30 minute head start on anyone) and even a cable show called George Lopez...

Joe

Screw Leno and NBC!

I'm with CoCo!

shoreke

Leno is the undisputed heavyweight champ of late night. He kicked Letterman's every night in the ratings for over a decade. Leno is back where he belongs.

whybedumb

I told you guys, the real story is about to break on Conan. He was spotted in rehab already....

Cali

Leno - Hope you rot in hell!!

Love

California

eb

So, Jay got his old job back, minus half and hour, for the same pay. He must have good agents and lawyers. Since Conan is quitting, it doesn't make any much difference, anyhow.

t.

I will NEVER watch this show. Just admit it Jay you FAILED

Em

If Jay Leno doesn't back out and forces Conan out, he will be the most hated person in show business. How could he even go back on that stage after knowing how Conan was treated???
He needs to show some class like Conan did and bow out and retire.

gareatha

yess i rather watch george lopez then jay leno

Amar

Jay's show fails and Conan takes the heat? Not fair. Leno should be fired. He WAS a valuable asset to the company, not anymore. His comedy is stale and no one is watching him. Fire Leno and let Conan keep the Tonight Show.

jeff

Leno is the worst thing to ever happen to late night. I will never watch NBC again. I will follow Conan wherever he goes. He is a genius.

Diana

Not sure what target group Jay is working for, but I do not fit into it. I don't enjoy him. Period. I don't watch often, but I really enjoy Conan and am disappointed that Jay didn't man up and bow out all together. His time is over. He retired. Just leave alrady. NBC just lost a view. And from what I understand, they can't afford that.

MrCrackers

God I hate Jay Leno. I hope one of his antique cars flies off the road with him in it.

Conan is way funnier, and actually relevant.

Michell

What a loser. Jay Leno is the one that looks awful in this. I will go out of my way to not watch his show when it moves.

rebelle

im sooooo sick of NBC screwing over Conan. Jay is acting like a bully and taking Conans toy truck on the playground. I tivo Conan every night and watch him first thing in the am and to show support im now staying up just to watch him live. Conan is so much funnier than leno. what a complete TOOL!