Kimmel's Brutal Leno Beatdown

On Jay's Show!

1/15/2010 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Kimmel completely destroyed Jay Leno on his own show last night -- constantly ripping the talk show host apart for taking back the 11:35 PM time slot.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Trust us, this gets pretty damn awkward/awesome.

Bella Donna

I'm sick of hearing people say that Jay is a stand up guy and crying that he is a victim as well. If Jay were really a stand up guy he wouldn't let NBC put either of them in the position they are in now. All he has to do is say "I had a great run on the Tonight Show. Prime time didn't work out and I'm not going to agree with NBC's decision to bump both Conan and Jimmy Fallon as that would be unfair to both of them. I will retire as I said I would five years ago." Now that would be the stand up thing to do. But he won't do it because he just wants to get back on the Tonight Show. And mark my words when and if he does, the Tonight Show ratings will tank. His image has been hurt too much by this whole fiasco. He will not be able to regain his popularity.

Jay

NBC caused this mess, NOT Jay. Jay is just an employee too and is trying to keep HIS job. Jay did not "retire" ever, NBC said 5 years ago THEY were chosing to give Conan the Tonight Show in 5 years, so as not to lose him and keep him under contract. This was NONE of Jays doing, he never wanted to leave his show, he had top ratings of all the night shows. NBC decided the times and who was going to go where, and now Jay is getting blamed. Not fair. Kimmel was an a*ss; again, NOT Jay's fault or decision, he is only following orders and trying to hang onto a job. Conan IS horrible, never have liked him, NBC made the mistake of keeping him in the first place. The guy is NOT funny, just horribly annoying and irritating, 1 minute of him is all we can take. Hope he levaes tv forever. Jay, we're with YOU.

teon

I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT LOL

TopTwitsBlog

Still for Team Conan, who even watches those two?

Jayblows

Kimmel was hilarious! I didn't watch him very much before but I will now. Conan's funny as hell. Leno is a babbling idiot and is NOT funny. F*** Leno. He gave his show to Conan and now he wants it back?!? NOT COOL Jay.

COCO GO AWAY

JAY didn't personally do anything to Conan! Why all the hating on JAY? NBC IS TO BLAME! Conan is a big ball baby, blames anyone but himself for his show sucking!

John

First off Johnny hosted the Tonight Show for 30 years. Johnny wanted to do 30 years then Give it up. It was his own choice and in the later years he was getting tired of it.

Jay took over not that long ago. He only hosted it for 16 years or so. He did not want to retire yet nor was he planning on soon. His ratings were better than all the others including Conan. In a age of DVR timeslot doesn't matter really.

Conan PUSHED NBC to give him a show on X date. He didn't care if Leno was retiring or not. NBC thought Conan would have been a good replacement and they were right but wrong on how. When the switch happened it pissed millions of people off. If Jay was truly retiring they would have been ok but he was being forced out.

So Conan starts and ratings fall 55%. Even Conans followers didn't all come to watch him.So all the late show fans didn't tune in a hour early anymore.

Conans EGO got him where he is today. All he had to do is make sure his contract said I get Lenos job when he leaves on his own and sit back and have fun. But that wasn't good enough and he wanted a date. Now he crys..

I feel bad for any network that does pick him up.

Crystal

Send Jeff Zucker boxes or cans of Coco to show support of Conan! NBC's address is 30 Rockefeller Plaza New York, NY 10112!

whybedumb

Joanne

Jimmy Kimmel has NO CLASS.... I love Jay.. I'm on Team Jay.. I am happy Jay's show will be back at 11:35..

Emilie

SO DAMN FUNNY!

TEAM COCO!

Hollywood's a Hazard

The big fools are the peeps who think boomers don't control the wealth in this market.

Super Dave

No A-Holes here. Funny stuff.

Kimberly Wash

I have e-mailed and texted messaged 100+ people to suggest to them that we banned together and NOT WATCH JAY LENO SHOW!!!

Get this media/T.V HOG off the air!

NO MORE JAY LENO! NO MORE JAY LENO!

SUPPORT CONAN! SUPPORT CONAN!

Kathy