Kara's 'Idol' Nemesis -- It Was All an Act

1/16/2010 2:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Andrew Fenlon: Click to listenAndrew Fenlon -- the "smartass" Kara DioGuardi ripped into and threatened to spank on "American Idol" -- now says his d-bag demeanor was just for kicks.

The bespectacled brat called into The Morning MIX with Scott McKenzie at MIX 105.1 in Orlando yesterday where he said he acted like an ass so he would stand out more ... and get some prime TV time.

Fenlon also claims he would have made it to Hollywood if he would have played it straight for the judges -- so check out his audition, which is replayed during the interview, and tell us ...

beta

first. :P

Em

Is anyone really surprised?? Most of the things they show are added just for tv.

Gloria

I knew it was an act the minute he pretended to act confused on how to open the audition room door. I miss Paula :(

hehe at least http://afbconfessions.com is keeping me entertained in the meantime

Carl

Anyone who couldn't tell that was an act within 5 seconds of him appearing on screen is a moron.

Chantel

duh. it's so obvious. he's a really bad actor i must say.

ecco6t9

No one really likes Kara. She was useless last year, she will have the stench of being the one who got Paula fired and will always have the stigma of being the 4th judge.

stonecold

They should let him take the place of Skiiboski, aka "The Felon," in Hollywood...

Debbie

This guy looked like the type that would become a sniper or serial killer, he was really weird.

D

I know this guy. He's an obnoxious prick in real life. Don't buy his story. He's trying to save face because the whole world recoginzed him for what he is...an a-hole.

Strawberrygirl

I didn't like him personally...but he has a better voice than most that have gotten thru to hollywood. I was hoping he would show up at another audition somewhere else and get thru. I think he could have been a contender...but again...we have only seen a couple of cities.

Even if he is a jerk in real life...that's no different than a lot of musicians...i.e. Chris(beat down)Brown & Kanye(cry baby)West.

I hope somehow he makes it to Hollywood. Simon knew what he was talking about and that's why he even tried to get them to vote again.

Kara seems to be a nice person, but, I miss Paula too!

She would have said "yes"!

Daniel

I actually thought he was a bit of a jerk but liked his singing and not surprised it was a bit of an act. I'm thinking maybe they will bring him back as a "wild card" so Kara can spank him. I think she really liked him but didn't want to admit it.

Daniel ......... Toronto

Kim

I knew instantly this idiot was a wannabe actor. I posted on facebook that he was a faker the moment they showed him. Fox is stupid for letting him slip through the cracks. He didn't add any entertainment value to the show, really.

Kilmerfan

What a dumb@$$, the real star so far is Larry the General. "Pants on the Ground! Gityup!" Larry rules. Andrew Fenlon is just a last guy in the bar creep. Larry is a real man.

c arndt

This is so old. MJ MOrning Show did this like 5 years ago. You know when its a put on. Get a new gig!

Catelyn

This guy is not nearly as obnoxious much as Kara. And, at least he can sing which is more than I can say for Kara.

I say send this guy to Hollywood and send Kara home. God, that woman is annoying.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments