Leno & Conan Continue Monologue Wars

1/16/2010 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno: "Blah blah blah blah NBC sucks."
Conan O'Brien: "Blah blah blah blah NBC really sucks."

Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien

Enjoy the Conan part ... while you still can.

Arlene

after CONAN LEAVES NBC.....I WILL GO TO FOX NETWORK....

The Truth

Conan has no one to blame but himself. His ratings sucked. He killed the Tonight show ratings all on his own. If anyone actually watched him he would still have a job.

Conan the truth is yuou do skits not comedy. Your own show before the tonight show gig was losing viewers. You take over the tonight show and you kill the ratings. You lose half the viewers on your own.

So instead of blaming everyone else blame yourself. You never did comedy and still dont do it. So who are you going to blame when your next show tanks.

You blame Jay and NBC. But it is you who the viewers didn't watch. If you were so good before then why was your previous show failing in the ratings.

Conan you are a failure. And now you and your few viewers want to blame everyone else. Be a man for once and say the truth you lost most of all the tonigh show fans.

But Conan you are not a real man, you just blame everyone else. You failed now live with it.

Freelols.com

Hey......where were all the "Team CoCo's" when he needed THE RATINGS...

Nick

Too bad that Conan is leaving. He is very funny. And Jay... I am sorry. You are way too old school and not interesting at all. I am sure Conan will appear on some other network. I cannot wait.

Nancy

GO TEAM LENO!!!!! Good riddance to the juvenile Conan and his 10 year old fan base. His comedy is for the GED group

jd

VERY GOOD ARTICLE WELL WRITTEN AN PUT TOGETHER FOR
MORE LIKE THIS Bloggles

Stella

Leno is the wrost late night host. He appeals only to old tired people.

jd

VERY GOOD ARTICLE WELL WRITTEN AN PUT TOGETHER FOR
MORE LIKE THIS http://bloggles.org/"

Pablo Alleycorn

It's a good time to leave Conan. The format is tired & dying - almost dead! Carson is rolling in his grave. Guests used to be interesting, now its Smookie & her "reality" imbeciles. Nobody cares! The best thing about Leno's move to 10 was that he got that moron Stupid Stuttering John off the stage. I hope the next move will leave annoying Ross the Gay Screeching Intern behind too. The format sucks, give us reruns of anything else if NBC can't improve the quality of their programming.........

viva argentina!!!

Debby

Does no one remember that Jay was the original person screwed in all of this? NBC is totally the bad guy here and I think Jay and Conan should both leave and go somewhere else. This is not the first time NBC has done this to people. Remember Dave?

Spiff

So Leno gets to take back his old show from Conan. Conan gets a relatively small settlement (compared to Leno's huge nest egg that he gets from his NBC boss buddies), AND Conan cannot make any jokes about NBC in the future? Wow, one can't get anymore screwed than that. In the meantime, Jay gets to continue to "joke" about NBC and pretend that he also got a raw deal. Of course nobody has been buying it.

Seriously?!

I must agree with #31 (Sloane). If anyone's to blame here it's NBC. They screwed 2 people over and F'ed everything up for everyone involved. I feel bad for Jay & Coco. I really like them BOTH. It's a bummer that Coco's going. I hope he ends up on another network. I actually thought the shoot out bit was friggen Hilarious!!

me

LOL . . .Conan's skit was so funny. I never cared to much for late night tv, but I am actually starting to like Conan.

birdie

I find it funny, where people are saying Conan failed because Jay's show was doing poorly....that people weren't watching Leno, therefore not watching the news and therefore not watching Conan. Give me a break! If I loved a comedian and watched him at 12:30...I would most definitely watch him an hour earlier. There are no prime time shows on at 12:30 to prevent me from doing so. So where are all of Conan's loyal fans? Didn't they follow him? I love Law and Order: SVU and watched it at 9:00...didn't tune out because it was not on at 10:00 and if I wanted to watch Leno, I either DVR'd him or Law and Order.

Conan's ratings sucked as host of the Tonight Show and this why this is all happening.

But, I must say, I do believe that Jay Leno needs to come out with a statement...and before people attack me and say he isn't making a statement because he's in the wrong...I totally disagree with you. This crap all started with O'Brien threatening to leave if he wasn't given the Tonight Show.

People give your head a shake!!

birdie

Post 43: I so agree with you...where were all his fans when he needed the rating? Anxious to see who will watch his new show, should he have one on another network. I bet you half of the people who are "up in arms" never or hardly watched his show and are now watching only because of the controversy. Once this is all over, they won't be watching him, whereas, all the fans Leno had will continue watching him on the Tonight Show when he gets it returns!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3