TMZ Poll Apparently Hacked - Conan the Bad Guy

1/18/2010 9:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Conan O'Brien, Jay Leno, Jeff Zucker poll we put up -- Who's the Bad Guy? -- has been hacked ... according to some people who work over at NBC.

There has indeed been a seismic shift over the last few hours. Here are the facts:

9:30
AM ET today -- Only 5% of users voted for Conan. Zucker was in the lead. Jay was second.

7:20 PM ET. A huge turnaround. Conan is the bad guy, with 40%. And, the number of people who have voted exploded in the last two hours -- it went from just over 200,000 to 547,000.

A cynical NBC source scoffs at the tampering allegation, telling TMZ, "NBC couldn't get it together fast enough to know how to do that."

We're checking to see if the poll has been hacked.

UPDATE: 8:42 PM ET THE POLL IS GOING CRAZY!!! With nearly a million votes, Zucker now leads with 49%. Jay is second with 26%. Conan has 25%.

UPDATE 11:42 PM ET More than 2 million votes.

Steve

So, Conan went from leading at 40% down to 22% in just 2 hours??? I think it's pretty clear who's bombing or hacking your poll, now isn't it...

marco

Hmm, I wonder why my last comment didn't work? Try voting over and over, you'lle see why...

Steve

#49 Jerry...your ignorant comment shows which poster needs to go drown himself.

marco

#61 Steve, although drowning seems severe, I am sure the idea is somewhat sound.

marco

Everyone, join me and together we can click Zucker over and over again! Conan and Jay are no where near as bad!

Fee

TMZ I'VE ALWAYS FOUND YOUR POLLS SUSPICIOUS, YOU SHOULD CHECK EACH ONE YOU DO, THIS ISN'T THEO FIRST I THOUGHT WAS FIXED.

ZuckerIzaCreep

Hell, they threatened us over our jobs to rig this poll and now its backfired! There is nothing we can do! I'm glad the whole thing has backfired! The whole poll was a sham to begin with and a deliberate attempt to make Conan look like the bad guy! I admit it! If I didn't put everything on the line jut to be in this industry I'd get up and quit right now.

JLS

NBC is one bad ass. All the way around and at the end of the day, this is one bad ass network. I won't EVER watch it again.

Pitseleh

When a little sparrow wants to leave the nest
First he has to put his feathers to the test
Tumbling from a treetop can't be called success
but, it's a step in the right direction nonetheless.

PolarBear

It's only January and already I know that pansy Zucker is not getting a present next year. Maybe a bucket of reindeer crap. I'm sure NBC gave Zucker a nice home and perhaps it has a nice roof - TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!

anonymous

There is no hack. In the beginning NBC tried to make Conan look like the bad guy. People are now speaking out. This poll no longer reflects the opinion of NBC executives but the true opinion of the situation. Well, sort of.

Daisy

HEY TMZ,

MAKE THE POLL SCREEN BIGGER AND THE FIRST ITEM IN EVERY UPDATE. THAT LITTLE SCREEN THING IS LAME

sickofittoo

Zucker has genital warts.
He got it from Harvey Levin, the 60 year old closet homosexual.

Diana

Could it be this is damage control on the part of the network? I believe that NBC (which stands for "Nothing But Crap") is embarrassed that it totally screwed up. And they've got to be embarrassed that Conan has way more supporters than Leno & Zucker combined.

I say that Zucker should be a man and apologize - ON THE AIR - to both Leno & especially Conan for this ridiculous mess. Then he should offer his resignation. My cat would have done a better job handling this crap.....gmab!

shirleyfeeney

Of course it was hacked. Everytime I clicked on it to vote for ZUCKER the numbers of those who had voted would go DOWN. Duh.