Jeff Conaway Hospitalized -- Badly Injured

1/18/2010 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff ConwayJeff Conaway from "Grease" was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital today -- and according to his girlfriend, he suffered devastating injuries.

Jeff's girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, tells TMZ Jeff fell down a staircase this morning at his home and suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.

Vicki says Jeff is currently in the emergency room and will undergo surgery on his broken hip.

Morgan DeFey

I can remember when this guy was so handsome and had a great future ahead of him. What a tragedy.

gazoo

This is all so very sad. Never saw Grease, and wasn't crazy about his character on Taxi, but I did recognize a truly nice man and after seeing him on Dr. Drew, I see that he was also a horribly tortured man. That Vicki thing is the worst thing to ever happen to him. I wish him well and a speedy recovery. Hang in there Jeff, you're a beloved icon to many. You're worth it.

Ali

While jeff is 100% responsible for the choices he's made, that girl is a she demon. She feeds his drug addiction because she knows damn well that if he ever recovered and got sober, he wouldn't want or need someone like that in his life.
Jeff, I am so sorry that this has happened to you.
As a recovering addict, I understand your pain.
All I can say is that a life without God is what makes it a miserable, lonely and painful one.
I pray that you find God before you die. This is my best wish for you and you are the only one that can make that choice. Love you my brother!

BeLIEve

This poor man has suffered so much. Addiction is a real disease. I pray for his brain to heal and for his body to heal. I also pray that God would touch his mind and heart and reveal Himself to Jeff.
Peace and love to Jeff.

F*CK Mayweather!!

I Think Vikki pushed him down the stairs.. She is nothing but a psycho...

twilightmom

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jeff. Love that sparkle you still have in your eyes when you are happy! Ready to see you tap dance again for us!

I agree with everyone else who said they felt that Vicki should be investigated. After seeing her kick Jeff when they were fighting, I don't think I'd put anything past her. Including...pushing him DOWN the stairs!!??

Cindy

God bless him. I watched him on that addiction show and he was the most empty shell of a human being. To watch him shake, and seize, and cry so uncontrollably was heart wrenching. He truly wanted to die and said so many times. He may have attempted to kill himself, but most likely he just fell down the stairs. He could barely walk, if you remember. I saw a spark of something deep inside him though...he deserves happiness as much as anyone. God bless him. He needs peace.

MrsJoe

How very sad. He is in my prayers.

me

Jeff....wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you are feeling much better soon and able to kick the drugs. You did a great job in Grease and Taxi and I sure hope we have the pleasure of watching you perform again.

Andie

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the mega-talented Jeff Conaway. Wow. I sure hope she didn't push him, they had some pretty vicious fights on camera so I can't imagine what happens in private… especially if she’s been drinking. I wonder if he is conscious & able to talk, I hope so... the police should definitely investigate, just to make sure it really was an accident. And I wonder if he’s still in a wheelchair.

chris

They must have been getting low on prescription drugs. New and probably stronger dosages ! I can see miss vicki pushing and jeff taking one for the cause! These are SICK people!

Not feelin sorry

Unfortuntely, I do not think he is going to make it.
He brought all of this on himself and was happy feeding his habit.
I also had back surgery, I learned to live with the pain WITHOUT FEEDING myself fistfulls of vicodin and xanax.
may he rest in peace in the next coupl eof days...cuz he aint going to make it.

twilightmom

To "notfeelingsorry"---
Kudos to you for being able to manage and control your pain after your back surgery.
Most (or should I say, a large number of) people with addictions have had some type of traumatic experience in their past. A lot of these issues usually pertain to some type of abuse in the past. If you watched "Celebrity Rehab" the 1st season, you would know that Jeff broke down and admitted that he had been sexually molested as a child by priests at his Catholic church. (someone else who may have watched correct me if the abuser was wrong, but that seems to be what I remember him saying). People who become addicted use these drugs or alcohol to numb themselves and try to wipe those memories from their mind. It is tragic that someone as talented as Jeff Conaway ended up in the state he is now. Leaving PRC during the 2nd season could have very well been what led up to this point. And I do feel sorry for him, because at times he seemed like a truly wonderful man.
Never judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

die a painful death already Hollywood

Jeff , lose that blood & money sucking leach you call your girlfriend .

Shes the devil and not in disquise ! She's worse then any drug !

I hope you get well soon but that can never happen while you have her around you.

RonBurgundy

Kenickie probably tripped over an empty bottle of Vicodin.

Dude has been trying to off himself for years.

I maintain no pity for self destructive behavior.

Hopefully he will recover soon and get back to being a useless drug addict, ruining every relationship he's had, all the while blaming everyone else.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments