La Toya Jackson Wants Simon Cowell's Seat

1/18/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

La Toya JacksonLa Toya Jackson is next in line to fill Simon Cowell's shoes on "American Idol" -- that's if La Toya Jackson has anything to do with it.

We're told MJ's sister and former "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe cozied up at a housewarming party for Kathy Hilton in Bel Air recently -- before Simon broke his big news -- and the topic came up of La Toya possibly guest-judging on the show.

But now that Simon's out of the picture, La Toya wants more.

We spoke to her and she tells TMZ: "I would LOVE to be a judge on 'American Idol.' I would love to have a chance for the public get to know the real me. I would be thrilled."

In other news: there's a "real" La Toya Jackson.

Vonn

This broad is crazzzzzzy.

audio1222

She is like the rest of her family, untalented!!!!!!!

Cali MJ Fan

Picture this: La Toya, Ellen, and Randy (not her brother) Jackson.
bwa ha ha ha Scary in a trainwreck kind of way. Sorry Ms. La Toya but think it might be a little too soon for a few times a week on the regular TV.

Oh wait, that would be next season right? That means I can still watch this one with Ellen. I'll cancel the cable next season. *snicker*

oreo

Is that Michael?

oreo

The only person in that family with talent was MJ.

It sucks that MJ's 3 kids don't have none of his genes.... so all the talent died with MJ.

Jerry Martin

La Toilet scares me.

gucci

Her brother would surely have been a better choice. He could get old from here...Anyway, without him, she and the rest of the family would ve never been stars again and Michael Jackson knew it, while preparing for getting old...

A.B.

So tmz called LaToya, had her say she'd love to be on the show, and ran with it. Ending the story with a nasty remark.

Note the poll - who is crazier, Paula or LaToya? For, you see, women and black men are often "crazy" the way tmz interprets the world.

London Girl

Will be a cold day in hell...that woman needs to just shut up...What talents does she have?

A.B.

As for Michael Jackson on American idol, I don't think he would have liked to sit there and be nasty to hopeful performers. I don't think he'd have liked to judge them at all. If he thought someone on one of his shows or recording sessions wasn't all that good, he didn't say it directly to them, he just let them quietly slip away.

Yes, it's sad he didn't have biological children - but then, they may not have inherited his talent.

cindee

OH, MY GOD "LOL" SHE DOESN'T HAVE TALENT
HAS ANYONE TOLD HER YET????

THE TRUTH IS, THEY ARE ALL LOST WITHOUT
"MICHAEL J JACKSON"

NICOLE FERRELL

All I have to say is if they put that crazy lady on AI I and the rest of my family and friends will no longer watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRACKER

LOVE PAULA, SHOW SUCKS WITHOUT HER.NOW SIMON LEAVING.THERE IS NO MORE SHOW..........WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN {IF IT AIN,T BROKE..DON,T FIX IT}...HMMMMMMMMBRING BACK CLASSIC COKE...

Moe

Umm, what's with the recipe? The "Julie & Julia" blog is on the next page.

Louis

To #18, those ARE MJ's biological children. He just didn't pilot his plane into the hangar to have them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments