MTV 'Teen Mom'

Allegedly Choked

by Her Mother

1/18/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV 'Teen Mom' Allegedly Choked by Her MotherOne of the young mothers from the MTV reality show "Teen Mom" was allegedly choked and then hit by her 54-year-old mom this weekend -- and mom is now facing domestic violence charges.

The Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa tells TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was arrested at around 1 PM on Saturday for suspicion of domestic abuse/serious assault.

According to cops, Farrah and Debra started arguing over childcare issues when Debra allegedly threw an MTV shirt at her daughter ... which landed "on or near" Farrah's baby, who started crying.

That's when Farrah claims she went off on her mother -- who then grabbed Farrah by the throat. Farrah told cops she pushed her mother's hand away from her throat, causing her mother to strike her on the right side of her head and mouth.

In the report, officers say they observed multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

The story was first reported by the The Daily Nonpareil.

More Today in TMZ History

SouthernMommy

I agree with most of the comments here. Farrah is incredibly disrespectful and rude. My parents busted my rear for acting like that and a funny thing happened....I learned NOT to do it!! Her parents need to fight for custody of Baby Sophia (that poor baby only knows them anyway!) and kick that ungrateful and disgusting daughter, Farrah,OUT OF THEIR house!!!!

As a parent myself, there is no way I would ever tolerate my child speaking to me like that! EVER!! I can't believe her mother hasn't snapped before this. I do remember last season when she popped her on the arm or leg because Farrah was being rude again while her mom was trying to take her to find a new car.

To farrah's mom Debra....we are praying for you! You don't have to put up with that nasty mouth from your child in your home. PUT HER OUT!!!! (I hope they are both reading these comments)

Karen

I think I saw this coming. I think Debra put up with about enough with Farrah, so spoiled and whos baby is it anyway? Certainly not Farrahs. I am sure Farrah mouthed off to her for something stupid probably asked her to mind the baby for the umpteenth time which she is not suppose to do. She has a roof over her head and clothes on her back and a family that loves that baby, if it were anyone else they'd be in a shelter with no family supporting them. Farrah I am sorry your lazy ass stupid first boyfriend died but he was no help, useless I must say. Its up to you not your mother.

Brooke

Way to go, Farrah's Mom!!!!! So many of us wants to kick Farrah's ass and knock some sense into her....

TEAM MOM!!!

Wil

RE - armb @6:53pm,

What do Black guys have to do with anything? Is there something wrong with dating an African American? Maybe I missed something?

wayne

I agree that this this girl deserves it. She is definitely not ready to be mom.

37. One of the problems I find in America is that fathers are deliberately silenced in the homes. The wives pushed them aside where raising the children is concerned. So while i agree that the father is weak, the fact is, that is what your society wants from them. Especially where mom and father were not married. As far as I see it women play too much role in disciplining kids in this country. At the last compnay wheree I worked, this lady call her sons everyday to know their whereabouts or whatever they had to do. Where I am from, it is the father who was primarily responsible for the sons, especially.

But i guess it is all about the loot, aka child support, spousal support.

vanessa

FINALLY...I APPLAUD THIS MOTHER!!! Have you seen this show??? The daughter is totally out of control. She should have knocked some sense into her a long time ago! She needs to be sent away to a boot camp and have the mother care for the child. Farrah is stupid who is going to care for the baby now since her mom is in jail! Her mother and father are the only 2 people that take care of the baby when farrah is out partying and acting like whore!

sara

People keep saying that there is something wrong with these girls for having babies at such a young age, but they just got unlucky. It seems that most teenage girls and young adults are having unprotected sex all the time. These girls shouldn't be condemned for something that everybody else is doing. Seriously though, young people who can't afford children should not be having unprotected sex. Period.

paige

FIANLLY! Good job on the mothers part. Her daughters a rotten selfish bitch! I feel sorry for the mother! hopefully she'll get out soon. Her daughter would be on the streets without her.

MeehEl

This mother deserves to get her A$$ beat! Who touches their children like this? I'd be just as rebellious if I were in lock down 24/7. Some people need parenting classes, just because you have kids doesn't mean you are a good parent! It takes a lot to be a good mother to teens, I should know... I have one. (and a tween and two toddlers)

Rachel

Totally not surprised that the mom choked and hit her. I remember in one of the episodes the mom smacked Farrah when they were arguing over what car to get. I'm in no way defending Farrah's behavior on the show, but her mom seems mentally off and a bit controlling. I can see why Farrah lashes out and is so disrespectful.

I'm glad the charges were filed. Maybe some family counseling will be forced upon them.

REJT

look everyone yes farrah is spoiled n a bitch but she didnt deserve to get hit n if my memory serves me rite which it usually does the coming attractions this week 4 teen mom shows farrah lookin 4 an apartment n then her mom bitchin at her sayin she is not allowed to get an apartment. so her mom is basically keepin her there n if u dont lik farrah or her attitude then dont watch the show

bre

omgsh shame on you people talking so bad about her daughter. NO mother should ever put there hands on there children. Shes just 18, she needs to go out and have fun its hard being a mother that's so young. I don't think you guys should be bashing her like you guys are. T.v. like MTV is always going to make the show interesting and make it look like there's a lot more extra stuff then there really is! That's reality television for ya!

MISS-KITKAT

i thought that her mother was crazy she hit her once on the show before.

SNOOZIE

THIS GIRL IS A PRODUCT OF HER ENVIRONMENT. THIS MOTHER IS A PSYCHO. THE POOR THING DIDN'T HAVE A CHANGE AT BEING NORMAL. SHE NEEDS TO GET OUT OF HER MOTHERS HOUSE AND TRY TO BECOME A NORMAL PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY. SHE DOESN;T HAVE THAT CHANCE WITH THAT MOTHER OF HERS.

Jessica

I think Farrah is young and trying to find her place. She's been through a lot and not to mention being on a reality tv show just makes it that much harder. At least she's not talking about marriage like some of the others. No matter what, there's no excuse for abuse.