MTV 'Teen Mom'

Allegedly Choked

by Her Mother

1/18/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV 'Teen Mom' Allegedly Choked by Her MotherOne of the young mothers from the MTV reality show "Teen Mom" was allegedly choked and then hit by her 54-year-old mom this weekend -- and mom is now facing domestic violence charges.

The Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa tells TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was arrested at around 1 PM on Saturday for suspicion of domestic abuse/serious assault.

According to cops, Farrah and Debra started arguing over childcare issues when Debra allegedly threw an MTV shirt at her daughter ... which landed "on or near" Farrah's baby, who started crying.

That's when Farrah claims she went off on her mother -- who then grabbed Farrah by the throat. Farrah told cops she pushed her mother's hand away from her throat, causing her mother to strike her on the right side of her head and mouth.

In the report, officers say they observed multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

The story was first reported by the The Daily Nonpareil.

More Today in TMZ History

C_IL

When you have sex and become a mother (or father), your priority is your child. Period--age doesn't change that at all. I had my first child at age 17, I had to work and make our own way. Mommy and Daddy didn't take care of us or even babysit for that matter. I had to pay for a sitter and walk to work, store, doctor, etc. I even had to do laundry by hand, because I couldn't afford an alternative. Feet and hands sore, lol. I grew up fast, but I lived and had friends visit (no need to run around). At any rate, you can easily prevent pregnancy and make the most of your childhood, if that's what you prefer--simply keep your legs closed.

Paty

OMG I watch this show all the time and can understand what these girls are going though cause I was a teen mom, and that girl needed some kind slap cause she is just so full of herself and the parents don't need to help her any more see what she does alone.

Vonn

Farrah's mom is an a hole, which explains Farrah's behavior. The mother is overbearing, rude & controling.

denise

There are 2 sides to every story. She is disrespectful to her parents, but there's no reason for her mother to attack her the way she did. There are other ways to discipline kids. She lives under her room so if she keeps letting her go out and says ok to watching her kid then she can't really bitch. She's enabling it. Kids are only spoiled because their parents let them be. Kids can't buy whatever they want and go out whenever they want unless their parents buy it for them or say they can. Her mom doesn't seem stable and obviously has an issue with violence. And who is to say that Farrah goes out ALL the time? MTV doesn't record every day of her life. And from what I saw on the episodes of 16 & Pregnant, her mom had absolutely no interest in her being pregnant and seemed pretty dumb to me and rude (especially the episode where they went to check out the hospital).

Denise

What she needs to do is kick Farrah out of her house and see whay happens when she doesnt have a live in Nanny! The mom should take custody!

Denise

Vonn! your an idiot!

nina

I am sorry but i just laughed so hard when I saw this. Farrah had it coming, that girl is so disrespectful to her parents, if you watch the show all she wants to do is go out and meet men. She is a horrible mother. She deserved what she got.

KOOKYPEDIA

balls

Marie

From someone who has watched all the 16 & pregnant/teen mom episodes. Farrah's parents pushed her into becoming a single Mom, they expressly forbid her to speak with her baby's father. They promised to help & aid her through, while she continued her life, school, work, social, etc. presumably because they are religious (they come across as pro-lifers to me) Nothing wrong with that, it's wonderful in fact to offer that support...She assured this young girl that her family would be there to help her through this & persuaded her not to reconcile with the father in any way shape or form. Now she's choking the girl cuz she doesn't want to follow through. Who hits their child...let alone their 18 year old??? And on national tv! Farrah is a product of her environment, the poor thing will need years of therapy to become a normal functioning member of society. I hope every person here who said she deserved to be choked/hit get's that karma back on them!

Amy

FINALLY! Mom should've knocked some sense into Farrah a LONG time ago. Although obviously Mom's not altogether herself or she wouldn't have raised such a disrespectful child who doesn't even possess basic life skills and cannot function on her own.

mc

This girl deserves to get knocked out. She is not cut out to be a mother. She justs wants to go out and party and leave the kid with her mom and step dad. Then she is so mouthy on top of that. If I was her mom I would kick her out so quick her head would be spinning.

andrea

Who are you freaks that think child abuse is okay?! If you watch these episodes from the beginning, when it was titled "Sixteen and Pregnant," you can see that Farrah's mom was abusing Farrah long before her attitude went south. Farrah's behavior is typical of an abused child...do your research. On top of that, the mom is extremely ignorant (ex: the episode when she insisted her daughter not breastfeed because it would "make her boobs saggy".) What kind of mom says that?!

DjaksMom

As someone who's seen the show & being a mother of 3 teenagers, my initial reaction was that I would have done the same to this little brat long, long ago. However, on second thought, I would never need to because my kids would NEVER speak to me or behave the way Farrah does. Thanks to the way I have raised them, they know better. Frankly, both mother & daughter are WAY past due for some form of disipline.

alexis

Farrah does have a maturity issue, BUT her mother seems crazy. She is always putting her down and doesn't seem very supportive. It seems like she always has to remind Farrah how bad she screwed up.

C

I've watched this show and that Farrah deserves it!!!! She treats her mother horribly and ditches her baby to go out and troll for new boys!! The girl didn't learn her lesson getting knocked up at 16!!!! The mother looked worn out every episode.