MTV 'Teen Mom'

Allegedly Choked

by Her Mother

1/18/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV 'Teen Mom' Allegedly Choked by Her MotherOne of the young mothers from the MTV reality show "Teen Mom" was allegedly choked and then hit by her 54-year-old mom this weekend -- and mom is now facing domestic violence charges.

The Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa tells TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was arrested at around 1 PM on Saturday for suspicion of domestic abuse/serious assault.

According to cops, Farrah and Debra started arguing over childcare issues when Debra allegedly threw an MTV shirt at her daughter ... which landed "on or near" Farrah's baby, who started crying.

That's when Farrah claims she went off on her mother -- who then grabbed Farrah by the throat. Farrah told cops she pushed her mother's hand away from her throat, causing her mother to strike her on the right side of her head and mouth.

In the report, officers say they observed multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

The story was first reported by the The Daily Nonpareil.

More Today in TMZ History

Emily

Farrah is VERY disrespectful to her parents but her mom is too annoying!! farrah needs to get yelled at for her behavior but she doesnt need to get choked and beat up!!!

Cymen79

Whatever...that girl is spoiled, ungrateful little bitch. Her parents put up with the fact that she would rather whore around town than take care of her daughter. If she presses charges, she only proves that she is the ungrateful, uneducated slut she is.

Kay

I think farrah is very disrespectful and ungrateful and she probably hit her mom first the way she acts. She needs CPS to take her child and give her to her mother b/c she is definitely not capable of taking care of a child on her own. She does not need a child. She is the problem!!!!!! She has no motherly instinct. She almost lets the baby fall down the stairs. Her mom has taken care of that baby just fine. Give the baby to someone that loves her and will take care of her. Her mom got up to take care of that baby every night. I can't stand Farrah!!!! UHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Take her off the show. No wonder why no one likes her.

CBNative

So i grew up in Farrah's City, know her and her cousins, and sister quite well. And i think it's just hilarious of the people that defend her and say she's trying so hard and your proud of her. .... UMMM do you watch the show? Because even then you can tell she's a brat and spoiled. It's her mom's fault she spoiled and hell I used to get beat by my dad and my mom whenever i did something stupid. Just because of have a kid doesn't mean your parents cant put the smack down on you. I would expect my dad to punch me in the face if i spit on him. I would expect my mom to slap me in the face if I called her a b*tch. Well Farrah does all of that and has no respect. Her parents pay for the place she moved into, pay for all of sophia's stuff, and Farrah lies and manipulates on the screen. All the charges got removed because of the incriminating offenses that led to believe Farrah started the whole thing.... and a EFFING T SHIRT FELL ON OR NEAR THE BABY!!!.... whaatt???? a T SHIRT... even if you chucked a shirt at a kid the worst thing that would happen would be a blast of comforting cotton..... I wanna see the next abuse case of "parents toss soft cotton hanes tshirt too close to kid, looking at 10-15 years for neglect and improper use of hanes her way"

Cynthia

If Farrah's mom wasn't such a control freak, she would have helped her daughter to become more independent. That wasn't the first time she put her hands on Farrah. She hit her on camera before. Her temper flares and she can't even control it on camera....It was uncalled for. Anyone who says Farrah had it coming is dysfunctional.. Did you not see the two knives that were taken from her mother? She would have been shot by the cop if she had taken one more step. Stop giving mom the ok to be abusive to her daughter people!!

Lark

I don't know how hard is to be a teen mom. Im not one will never be one. But i feel that Farrah's mom could of handled it a better way then choking and punching her daughter. But Farrah needs to get her act together and relize that her parents have sapported her through everything from, giving a shelter to her and Sophia, food, money, car, and all of the needs and wants. No-one knows how hard it is for Farahhs mom or for anyone in that family inless you are them. I feel like being on teen mom the reality show just is asking for more trouble..Then it needs to be, If i was farrah i would appreiciate what you have then what you want or don't have. Farrah girl, get off that show and move out and sapport your own then reliying on your parents. My friend is 14 and she acts like shes 48 she has a baby at 14? She moved out and is living on her own and has a job sapporting her own, not relying on her parents. Guess what everyone sapports her and is willing to help. I think my friend is well on her feet and knows how life is. Well for farahh you need to get your act together and not rely on your family. Cause at the end sophia will end up like you. Its not a good life enviroment to live in. so get off the show and get your act together or your showing everyone that your a brat. But really im sure you need just to show your parents you cansapport your own without them and you will find that getting along will be better :)

Lark

I don't know the cythia girl. But i agree. You are right! good job :)

HER MOTHER IS A DRUG ABUSER

FARRAH GOT PREGNANT IN THE HOPES THAT SOMEONE WOULD RESCUE HER FROM THAT HORRIBLE ENVIRONMENT......HER MOTHER IS A PILL POPPING, CONTROLLING, MANIPULATIVE DRUG ABUSER WHO SHOULD NOT BE AROUND ANYONE EXCEPT THOSE WHO ARE TRAINED TO DEAL WITH SOCIOPATHIC AND PSYCHOTIC BEHAVIORS....HOWEVER SHE IS STILL A BETTER MOTHER THAN THE MISERABLE KATE GOSSELIN, WHO ABUSES HER CHILDREN EVERY DAY

ADDITIONALLY, FARRAH DESPERATELY NEEDS HELP, PERSPECTIVE AND TIME TO GROW UP....HOWEVER ANYONE IS IN BETTER SHAPE THAN THE HORRIBLE, MISERABLE, ANXIETY RIDDEN, NERVOUS WRECK GOSSELIN CHILDREN....THOSE MISERABLE KIDS I FEEL SORRY FOR

jen

Farrah is a product of a rediculous family. Her mother is a raving nut bag and her father is a total whimp. DId they spoil her? Yes But if you raise a child that way, hit them, demean them, and controll them in a psychotic fashion then don't except to have Polly Anna for a daughter. The poor girl didn't have a chance. I am glad she called the police finally and I hope the mom NEVER see's that baby. Farrah is on her own and she is getting therapy. Give her a break, she is just a kid. For those who made rude comments about her baby's dad he was killed in a car crash. Have some compassion.

lesleigh

I see this from both sides of the coin. Farrah can be rather spoiled and self centered. I'm sure she knows how to push her moms buttons. However, that being said, there is never EVER an excuse to hit or choke your own child. If her mother did that, her mother needs to rethink how she handles these situations. She isn't helping the relationship between herself and Farrah, only hurting it. My mom raised me without ever laying a hand on me and I turned out just fine. Violence is NOT right no matter what the reason.

Mary

I believe CBN native. I really do think Farrah started it. If you clearly have watched the show she AWAYS expected her mom and family to take care of her problem. She expected everyone to babysit and phisically and financially take care of her baby. Now she wants people to feel bad for her, maybe she wants people to donate money to her. I believe that she herself could be more aggressive than her mom, she seems to always be the moody one that is throwing a tempertantrum and screaming. Her mom probably had enough, who wouldn't with a brat like that as a child. I really think she likes the publicity.
I would love to hear more about Farrah from people who grew up with her, I'm sure they would have simular stories. I think the only thing grammie did wrong was not disciplining farrah enough as a child. She is obviously used to getting what she wants. She should be more greatful to her mom for all the support that she was given and say thank you to her. I bet Farrah never helped her mom around the house or did anything to be greatful. I think that many teenagers would be kicked out of the house for being pregnant at that age.
I would like to know how she is getting money for the new appartment...most likely MY tax dollars......

TK

So I usually don't comment on these kinda things but I mainly got on after watching a commercial about how sophia's dad is never going to be in her life again and I wanted to know why and I came along this...

Abuse is definately not the way to go, but when you get pushed hard enough emotionally I would personally slap the B*^*h too. For all you "Team Farrah" people who want to defend her..sweet thumbs up for you. When you come from her home town and you know all the people she does,it's kinda hard to defend her when she gets called a sl* bcause half the guys you go to school with have either made out with her or had sex with her. Honestly the real story that i've been told multiple times about why her mother tried knocking her out was because she got pregnant again and had an abortion!!! Debra may be a little crazy but she cares more for Sophia then Farrah ever will so if I were to find out that my daughter had killed one of my future grandchildren I would have flipped a switch too!

Doris Dodie

farrah is the most horrible person, Bad daughter, Bad mother. Who calls their father by his first name, only a little bitch! Bravo for her mom, I would have chocked her a long time ago, she needs to give that baby to her mom so that she can protect her from this monster.

jordan

**** you all who are talking ****..this girl is extremely strong considering what she has been threw none of you personally know her or her problems. first she gets pregnant at 16, the babies father dies and her mother beats her wtf is wrong with you people you are all IGNORANT!

eb

This girl is such a brat.... She can even take care of sophia, child protection should be on her ass.... did you all see when she forgot sophia outside of her apartment.... or when shophia got burned with hot water.... she is not all there...
She doesn't even work.. i think her mom is still supporting her ass too...
Her mom is a lot of help and all she does is being so ungrateful!!! such a brat!!! i can't stand her!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments