MTV 'Teen Mom'

Allegedly Choked

by Her Mother

1/18/2010 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

MTV 'Teen Mom' Allegedly Choked by Her MotherOne of the young mothers from the MTV reality show "Teen Mom" was allegedly choked and then hit by her 54-year-old mom this weekend -- and mom is now facing domestic violence charges.

The Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa tells TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was arrested at around 1 PM on Saturday for suspicion of domestic abuse/serious assault.

According to cops, Farrah and Debra started arguing over childcare issues when Debra allegedly threw an MTV shirt at her daughter ... which landed "on or near" Farrah's baby, who started crying.

That's when Farrah claims she went off on her mother -- who then grabbed Farrah by the throat. Farrah told cops she pushed her mother's hand away from her throat, causing her mother to strike her on the right side of her head and mouth.

In the report, officers say they observed multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

The story was first reported by the The Daily Nonpareil.

More Today in TMZ History

LJ

That little bitch should have been slapped one season ago! she has a nasty, disrespectful attitude towards her mother & acts like a 5 year old child! her dad seems unconnected & i just can't believe that any decent person would talk to their mother like that.

cristi

wow hre mom needs to be in jail. hell if my mother did that to my lil gurl there would have been problems.

Cloverfield

Whomever is saying that Farrah got what was coming to her are despicable. I'm not saying that Debra was nice or anything - in fact, she could be very pushy and controlling, but you must realize that Farrah's a teenager. Just try to remember what the teen years felt like for you, and WITHOUT a baby to raise. Then compare that to Farrah's cir***stances, and gauge what was happening in that house on a day-to-day basis. I'm on your side, Farrah!

Man, what a mugshot - funny, but really blurry.

robin

Farrah can be a brat its true but consider all the things she's gone through in her life. Maci is an amazingly mature person especially only being like 18. Amber is an annoying brat as well and Caitlyn is soo awesome and unselfish giving up baby carly and getting out of a bad family situation. However i don't think that they should have gotten pregnant at 16. Its gonna be hard on the kids as they get older

LAURA

MOM seems lik its ur way r no way u dont care what anyone thinks or feel an dont care to understand u got it in ur head the way u think is rit an seems lik thats where u r messing up ur thinking an ur child is bein a wonderful mother an seems lik u r just mad cause u thought she couldnt do it wit out callin on u but she is so praise her an not put her down an find lil things to fight bout my god women ur 54 seems lik u need to take some tips from ur 18yr old bout bein a mother

VIKKIE

I totally AGREE!! Farrah is a rude and disrespect bitch who need more than that. She is wondering why bad things keep following her maybe she need a mirror to look in.

Catherine

Farrah's mother does not deserve Farrah or her grand-daughter. She has many, many issues and I think Farrah is a great daughter. I wish Farrah and her daughter could move with me so that she did not have to deal with her crazy mother. Good luck Farrah and you are doing a great job...DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER....SHE IS CRAZY.

Tracy

umm.....Tina...if you actually watched the show you would know that the reason her babydaddy isn't around is because he died..

Trish

You need to remember that what we see on TV is edited. From what I see, Farrah is not always the best daughter, but she is pushed as well by her overbearing, bitchy mom. I think mom overstepped her bounds and should get what she deserves. A teen mom has enough to deal with and needs a supportive family. Obviously, mom has trauma in her life that she is taking out on Farrah. Farrah needs to move away from mom on her own and take care of that beautiful little girl.

Becky

I don't care who you are or what you do noone deserves to be hit or choked by a parent. Your parents r supossed to be there for you.Yes Farrah can be a lil bratty but we all have a lil brat inside us no matter how we were raised.I think Farrah's mom is just a straight up BITCH! I hope all works out for Farrah and baby Sophia. I to am a teen mom. I had my 1 st child at 16 now I'm 22 and have 3 wornderful kids. My mother doesnt speak to me anymore. So I kinda know what Farrah and the other teen moms r going though. Farrah gurl stay strong for urself and baby Sophia.

Nicole

As much as Farrah was a whiny brat on the show, she didn't deserve to be choked by anybody, let alone her mother. And as for the people who say Debra should've disciplined Farrah when she was little or else she wouldn't be a teen mom now, how the hell do you know how she raised her? She probably beat/whooped/spanked her ass as a child and she still ended up a teen mom. I knew plenty of teen girls in high school who were raised the same way by their moms as kids and they still ended up teen moms.
The one I feel sorry for the most is baby Sophia. She can't defend herself and she has to live with this mess. If this is some sort of cycle that exists in this family, I hope Farrah will break it or else Sophia will end up like them.

Posted at 2:50 PM on Feb 28, 2010 by Jada

i agree with that statement

shorty

you guys kill me. Her mom is a controlling bitch just like my mom im on no ones side but obviously the police department thought that she was the victum. Regardless VIOLANCE isnt ever right you know that can lead to more and more violance in your life. As for her babys daddy he is dead and she had to go through it all alone. He died just before she found out. At such a young age getting pregnant and the fact her mother wanted her to get an abortion. see pay attention people and on the first show her grandparents were going to take her out to get a car and that started stuff then cuz her mother didnt want her to have a car out of control. im sorry but i was brought up to respect my elders and my parents but there is a point in life where your parents are wrong. Im sorry but ill talk back to my own mom in anyway i want cuz 1 she isnt right all the time and 2 she dont run my life especially when she cant even run her own.

dissrespec is the mother throwing a shirt and hitting a 10 month old baby.

Nathalie

"Where/what happened to her babydaddy? He probably realized this bitch is high maintenance and bailed."

if you knew anything you'd know that her 'babydaddy' died in a horrific car accident 2 months before the baby was due. Learn some respect *******.

Julia

your all just jerks. you should all be smacked!! no one deserves to be hit by their parent!!

HappyQuails

That is a funny name for their newspaper!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments