Anderson Cooper --

Haitian Hero

1/19/2010 6:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Anderson Cooper raced to the aid of a badly injured boy in Haiti yesterday -- dropping the camera and carrying the bloodied child away from a violent incident in the middle of a chaotic scene.
2010-0119_anderson-cooper-haitian-hero

Cooper claims he had heard gunfire in the area and raced to see what had happened -- when he noticed some people on the top of a store throwing slabs of concrete down at looters ... one of which smashed a child in the head.

As blood streamed down his face, Cooper carried him to a safer area and handed him off to a local for treatment.

Cooper says he has no idea what happened to the boy.

Justamom

Anderson Cooper does this job because he has a passion for it. It's not because he has to, or because maybe the cameras will see him. Good job, Anderson! As a Mom, I applaud you.

Observer

A/C is a good man.

Sebastian Jams

I saw this first-hand last night when it aired on CNN. I'm usually not a very "emotional" dude but this footage actually brought tears to my eyes....and a donation! Great job Anderson!

360baby

Anderson deserves all the praise. But for the love of god I wish they could practice some level of discretion when it comes to children. Some of the pics and videos are much too graphic.to watch that boy bleed like that tears my heart open. No child should ever experience that.

Shay

Thats so sad. Thank you Mr. Cooper. I would like to know what happened to that poor little boy.

E

Who the f... cares?? Haiti really is, in every sense of the word, truly a throw away country with disposable people. They are worth nothing, have nothing and contribute nothing.

Black Power

To post 127 G - And what have you contributed to the world? Just as useless as you say the Hatian people are, you too are just as useless. I suppose you don't like blacks or Mexicans or any other race that doesn't fit in your perfect society. Keep blowing hot air, Dummy. That's all you are good for.

No she didn't......

I think he is really a wonderful person. I saw that and WOW! He put down his camera and POW he was on it. Smart gay hot guys rock. I have a new respect for the AC

Christine

Good on Cooper for doing that. It almost made me cry. Most journalists just stand there to get the story and don't help...AC showed what more people should be like... good on him.

b

ANDERSON COOPER IS A TRUE HERO!!!!

Dave

He is a great guy. I aspire to be as great of a man as him.

MsTeal

Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta deserve a presidental shout out along with a metal from President Obama!

briellepogue

please help support!!! haiti!!!!

Mariah

Bravo, Janie:

Good comparison with Casey Johnson. Talk about doing something worthwile with your life and the other living off their parents excesses. In many ways, Anderson Cooper has outshone his mother in my opinion.

I am a Conservative who usually is very cynical of the news reporters out there (even Cooper sometimes; like I didn't appreciate the comment about "stupid death" in Haiti; I think it was just the emotion of the moment and he just didn't phrase it well) but this man really does go out of his way to report the facts and infuses himself and all his energy into his job.

He is an inspiration, I almost would go so far as to say, the next Edward R. Murrow. He may not be as eloquent in his reporting but he is always on the front lines and is very adept at humanizing the mayhem going on...

CSUBrian

I agree with LongJohn69 - Cooper is a fraud.

If anyone doubts this, watch the video very, very closely.