Teen Mom's Mom Charged with Domestic Assault

1/20/2010 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of one of the stars of MTV's "Teen Mom" was charged with domestic assault today, after she allegedly choked and hit her daughter last weekend.

Teen Mom Farrah Abraham Debra Danielson

Court officials tell TMZ Debra Danielson -- the mother of 18-year-old "Teen Mom" Farrah Abraham -- was charged this morning in Pottawattamie County court in Iowa ... and is due back in court on February 26 for a preliminary hearing. We're told Debra did not enter a plea today.

According to the Council Bluffs Police Department, Farrah accused Debra of choking her and hitting her on Saturday after a verbal argument erupted between the two over childcare issues and other problems.

When cops arrived at their home, they arrested Debra after observing multiple cuts on the right side of Farrah's lips.

UPDATE: A rep for MTV tells TMZ, "MTV is aware of the matter between Farrah and her family, and will continue to respect and support her as we tell her story. We understand the serious nature of these allegations, and encourage anyone dealing with domestic violence to access resources at www.loveisrespect.org or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)"

UPDATE: According to Debra's attorney, she's going to plead not guilty.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

HER MOTHER IS A DRUG ABUSER

farrah is DISGUSTING, HUGE NOSE, the worst attitude, I would trust there would be a line of people from coast to coast standing in line to slap the **** out of her......and that poor kid, she is one year old....but such an old soul, the kid knows that if she cries it will get her nowhere - and that young too, soooooo sad....the baby is so well behaved based purely on fear of the whore of MTV....

oh and her mother.....apple doesn't fall far from the tree, you are as deranged as your daughter.

Brenda

i have watched this show and am discusted by farrahs attitude, yes she has had heartbreak in her life, but so has everyone else, welcome to the real world!to listen to your mouth and your huge amount of disrespect to your mother, where the hell do you think you would be without her love and support,i can almost guarantee you wouldnt be on tv and raising a daughter, not after the hospital bills, the diapers,food, insurance, meds, clothes,and all the other items that go along in birthing and raising a child,you need to step back and count your blessings, be thankful for what you do have, instead of what you dont havemoh and by the way,as far as relationships go, wether family or personal, nothing is perfect, grow up farrah! you look like a immature fool

Joy Lindskold

It seems to me that the child should be taken away from the mother. The grandmother is a caring person but Farrah needs serious counseling.. Interesting to find the cause of her hatred.
At to others on the show, Amber will be a horror as a parent.

Who is caring for these children? Seems criminal to me to let this go on.

Joy Lindskold

At to others on the show, Amber will be a horror as a parent.

Who is caring for these children? Seems criminal to me to let this go on.

Eric

This chick Farrah, in my opinion, is a pretty girl but possesses the ugliest personality and seemingly horrible mother. Farrah seems always selfish and never concerened about her daughter Sophia. Never have I seen so much ignorance and disrespect toward a Mother and Step-Father or Father whoever he is. I too agree with those that sees her mother is a loving, kind, and very caring individual who seems genuinely concerned about her daughters safety and well-being. It is amazing that she is the one that got arrested so I am sure Farrah made up some crazy story. I am 22 and have no right really to tell anyone if they are a good mother/father but I just think her ways are disgusting to me

Roy DiVincenti

If they are in Tennessee at this time tapping the the Tenn. authorities including Office Of Child Protective Services needs to get involved.

This baby does not need to get her life started with an abusive Mom. Baby is next, if not already being abused.

Kathryn

Farrah is, hands down, the most self-obsessed, obnoxious teenager I've ever seen. She also has an exaggerated sense of *entitlement*... I can see how her sweet & supportive mother could be at her wits end much of the time.

I feel sorry for her child.

Cory

Im sorry, but is it just me or is the chick on line 13 stupid as hell?

nene

Farrah is only concerned about boys and I hate the way she talks to her parents after all they do for her she is a spoiled little brat who needs to grow up and take care of her little girl.

FARRAH

hey hi , its me , farrah , my mother hit me in the vagin4 a lot of times........ i lost my baby ( i was re-pregnant) ja ja ja

joan

I can't even stand watching Teen Mom anymore because of Farrah!!! She is a spoiled, rude, disrespectful little brat who needs to grow up! The best thing her parents can do for her is to let her move and fend for herself, without financial and emotional support! She needs to grow up, BIG TIME!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6