Paula Abdul -- Simon Says Be Quiet?

1/20/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Cowell wants Paula Abdul for "X Factor" -- but when we got her last night in a Sherman Oaks mall, the loopy, former "American Idol" judge was uncharacteristically tight-lipped.

Paula Abdul: Click to watch
As we previously reported, Simon has had discussions with Abdul about joining his new show -- the one he's leaving 'Idol' for after this season.

We're not sure how far along they got in their talks.

joe

am i first..oh my god im first..this is the greatest day of my life..i just want to tell my homeroom teacher from 6th grade to kiss my butt,,i finally made it big time and you said i would never amount to anything..ha ha

i wouild do paula anytime anyplace because if you get her drunk i bet she is a wildcat in the bedroom..a very very naughty girl

kate

I think it's pretty obvious that Paula and Simon had this planned all along. The reason Paula didn't resign with Idol was because they wouldn't give her a 1 year contract to leave with Simon. It is also why she's turning down offers. Paula's crazy like a Fox! It is the people who underestimate her that are stupid, not her!

WillOTheWisp

I've always said that Simon and Paula should become a couple.
It could work! They've had a secret crush on each other anyways.

justsaying

I hope Paula and Simon hooks up again...along with Randy. Leave the rest behind and I'll be forever happy.

Trooper Tom

These music shows have seen better days no matter how much they revamp them, and all we need is for this self centered me me show stealer back on TV

mia

Paula's no dummy. Good for her! I hope she's on the show.

Ben from Baltimore

I won't be watching if Tommy Mottola is on there. I can't stand him for what he did to Michael Jackson. Jackson family friend Al Sharpton will be right there with Jermaine Jackson and Joe Jackson if they sign him. They will need cops in riot gear to control the protesters.