NBC Gives Conan O'Brien the Reruns

1/21/2010 2:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

NBC execs are seriously considering keeping Conan O'Brien on the air after Friday -- in reruns.

NBC Gives Conan O'Brien the Reruns

Sources tell us the Network doesn't want to introduce a new host for the few weeks leading up to the Olympics. So NBC's plan A -- cherry picking shows from Conan's vault.

Here's the "screw you" part of the equation -- NBC can pick shows in which Conan does not trash the network and does not appear bitter. NBC is hoping the animosity between Conan and NBC will fade a bit.

Ricky

Yay! I'm a nutrug now...

You're trying to make something out of nothing. Maybe you don't get it. The Edwards story is a non issue. Yes, TMZ (much like the rest of Hollywood) probably supports the Democratic party. What a surprise! But don't you think it's far reaching to say that an entertainment site would go as far to threaten the GOP?

Even after clicking back through some of the Politix TMZ covers, what embarrassing story has really caused damage to the Republicans? That story about John Kerry's daughter busted for DUI... Oh, no! TMZ staff are terrorists!

The simple fact is John Edwards isn't VP. Why would you even want to play the speculation game just because he almost became VP or even had a slight chance at President?

Irregardless (favorite word not in the dictionary), this is the type of story that doesn't belong in TMZ. And I know you understand it since you conceded the fact that TMZ doesn't produce hard hitting political news. ("And yes, all the examples you listed on the political section prove the point.") Thanks for agreeing with me! Just quit being the idiot that walks into Home Depot looking to buy milk. Find your Edwards story on a Republican PAC's news section.

And I know y'all are dying to know... No, I didn't vote for Obama. He won the election because of people's simple mind. You can't fix things over night. These types of things aren't just night and day. And you can see that with his approval ratings. I hope that Brown's election to the Senate gets Obama to really sit down and prioritize what is needed in this country since he will not be winning a second term.

Anyway, back to the Conan thing just to stay on topic. NBC is a total screw up. I just wonder what they are going to say if they don't get their audience back with Jay. I truly hope this blows up in their face.

PolarBear

What would be most appropriate would be for Conan to do on-site Olympic comic journalism that steals the ratings from NBC, for another network. I can see that easily working: "Conan O'Brien, PRESS ABC/CBS/PBS/CBC/CNN/CTV/BBC"

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Still no news about John Edwards on here?

Cory Howerton

I have watched the Tonight Show for 25 years now, and tomorrow night will be the last time I ever watch this storied franchise.

NBC is a joke. The President of this company has not developed a "winner" since taking over and now he has successfully screwed up one of the best decisions he made - replacing the chin with actual comedy and entertainment.

I am looking forward to Septemeber when I can again tune into late night television that I am excited about. Until then NBC, David Letterman (the other guy you hosed, remember) will be getting my viwership. Then off to Fox.

Cory Howerton

MALBERINI

WE WON'T FORGET NBC! I'M SURE THAT MOST OF US WILL ACTUALLY MAKE IT A POINT TO NEVER WATCH NBC AGAIN, PARTICULARLY ANY SHOW WITH JAY LENO. HE MIGHT NOT HAVE THE "WEIGHT" TO MAKE DECISIONS AT THE NETWORK BUT HE COULD HAVE REFUSED TO REPLACE CONAN, SINCE NBC WAS IN BREACH OF CONTRACT TO HIM. NBC'S LOSS, LENO'S LOSS... EVENTUALLY, CONAN WILL HAVE THE SHOW HE DESERVES AND LOTS OF US WANT TO WATCH... AND SURE AS HELL IN WON'T BE IN YOUR NETWORK...

raker

This is where it all began - long before people really knew, there was another story; but only insiders knew it. So, take a trip down memory lane; cause Johnny from up above played a hand in it all many moons ago. Johnny determined all who would follow him. And that is why this one is for Johnny - Thanks Johnny; you the best. So in memory, we give you respect and pay tribute to the one, the only one - HERE'S JOHNNY - folks

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Why no mention of John Edwards?

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Ahh yes, the old "I didn't vote for him" tactic. Nice try numbnuts. Fact of the matter is, this is only the biggest political scandal of the new century. That's right, CENTURY!!! This fraud was Obama, before Obama. Half of Obama's administration had something to do with Edwards. The media loved him almost as much as they love the Marxist that is currently in the White House. His family shamefully used his wife's condition to get votes and the media allowed them both to. He LIED for months about the affair, only to admit it, then he lied for months about being the child's dad, which he finally admitted. If he had been a Republican this would have been all over the media and TMZ 24/7. You know it, I know it and the minion troll Nazis that work at TMZ, that are reading this right now, know it. But please, continue your biased and hypocritical crusade. It's this type of lazy, one-sidedness that is turning off the once brainwashed public. Look no further than Massachusetts :)

whatever u want

CONAN is my personal hero! he left with his head held high with utmost respect. so u all need to stop talking trash. he left with his head held high. he gave us hella entertainment. so stop the trash talking.

sarah

this is so good subject. thank u so much.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4