Bristol Palin to Levi Johnston -- Pay Up Deadbeat

1/22/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin has gone to court, demanding that Levi Johnston step up as a dad and pay her some of the money he's raked in from his naked media blitz.

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston Child Support Documents: Click to view!

Court documents were filed by Bristol's lawyer late Thursday afternoon in Alaska, demanding $1,750 a month in child support from Levi, retroactive to the birth of son Tripp on December 27, 2008.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Bristol believes Levi has pulled in "in excess of $105,000 in 2009 through various media interviews and modeling related activities." The $105,000 figure is significant, because under Alaska law a non-custodial parent must pay 20% of income up to $105,000 a year -- which comes to $1,750 a month.

Bristol says in her sworn statement, "I have received limited and sporadic financial assistance from Levi." Bristol says Levi has forked over only $4,400 over the 13 months of Tripp's life -- $3,000 on September 9, 2009, $1,400 on December 19.

Bristol's request is for temporary support, pending a permanent child support order.

UPDATE: Levi Johnston's manager, Tank Jones, tells TMZ Levi has paid Bristol more than $10,000 since Tripp was born. Jones also says Levi does not make money off of every interview he does, though he did not say exactly how much Levi has made.

Tired

Aaaand yet another article quickly goes off topic and degenerates into a liberals vs. conservatives mudslinging fest. I seem to remember something about a child support case, but it's hard to recall with all this name calling and finger pointing (really, was it one of us that was in the article? Sure seems that way from some of the angry comments).

JeffinSac

The real idiots? Those defending deadbeat loser of a father.

psychobirdkiller

The only reason he has ANY money is because he managed to knock up the daughter of someone famous. If it wasn't for Bristol Palin's egg being on the receiving end of his sperm, he would be flipping burgers. So yes, the kid does deserve a fair portion of that money. The kid is the reason he made it.

Doug

I'm a Palin supporter but would encouare Levi to fight child support. Its BS in most states. I had to pay for a house for my child to visit just like the ex paid for hers - food, clothes, recreation during visits. I would have agreed to 1/2 medical, clothes, etc. but they wanted rob me. Run their legal bills through the roof - move into the next state - if you can when you loose - for me it was only 8 miles from the ex - threaten them with jury trial or even an embargo - get them to to call their lawyer and run up their bill - mine outspent me 10 to 1 and finally settled out of court. I even bought an ocean condo in the next state for the child to spend time at and me to move to and restart the process if I lost in the 2nd State. The deck is stacked but you can dream up ways to fight the thieves - use a cane or a neck brace and tell em you will disability retire to get them to back off - the State has empowered them to be 1st class theives but they can be fought hard.

sound

#205 - Doug, I know a lot of men like you who do have a legitimate case to be upset. It is a cut and dry law, 17% of gross for one, 25% of gross for two (at least in my state). Some situations, like yours are unfortunate and should be reviewed but I don't feel sorry for Levi. His situation is bit different. He has made money for doing interviews bashing the mother and grandmother of his child. It is because of them and their notoriety that he is even being interviewed. He has bragged about sticking it to Sarah and Bristol in interviews. Personally I think he is getting off easy. Levi has made immature choices and doubt he is saving any of 15 min. of fame cash for his son's future. Also, he has chosen not to get his HS degree to better himself so he can provide for his child later on and be a good father. When his 15 minutes of fame are up he'll have to find a job which will be hard if he doesn't get his GED. This is probably the only time Levi will be able to contribute financially to his child's life. He has the legal right to see his child whether or not he pays, but I think it is smart for Bristol to have him pay now before he blows all the $$ he made on stupid stuff. There will be a time he goes back to having nothing unfortunately.

sallyss

Maybe a condom would have been cheaper but now you have to pay, buddy.

Bill R.

All you people saying she just wants to take his money or that she is jealous, etc., are just plain crazy. He helped make that baby and he is responsible until that kid is 18 years old. Part of his income belongs to the kid. That's just the way it is, deal with it. The mother's income is irrelevant to the amount of child support owed by the father. Maybe next time he'll think before he makes a child, but I doubt it.

Kevin

Levi will have some level of fame as long as Sarah Palin does. Apparently he is working on a tell-all book (written by someone else, as Palin's was), so he'll get another fifteen minutes from that.

Levi and Bristol, and their respective lawyers will work something out. Levi will pay something. They'll figure out the custody.

Through it all, the baby will not go hungry, or without shoes (unless he's like my nieces or nephews who always take their shoes off whenever possible).

There ARE mothers who struggle to keep their children fed and clothed while the fathers refuse to pay anything. Bristol vs. Levi is just a burlesque played out in the media (mostly the non-MSM) for our entertainment.

Random Angel

I just saw a picture of their baby and really, to me, the baby looks nothing like Levi. I agree he should ante up some support, but I wonder if its possible that this is not really his kid?

Angry Democrat 'Sky Blu' from LMFAO attack GOP Romney on Purpose .

Some democrats Brag that this government run health care has been tried for a 99 years ,in this country, and has finally passed. Democrats have always been a Leftist party. The republicans beginning with Abraham Lincoln stopped an authoritarian health system back in the early 1900s TO the late 1990s. The republicans rose to power which began with Abe Lincoln and the motto of 'FREEDOM, FREEDOM of
the Individual for All (there is No such thing as being half free)'. (Note: This is just a historical note.)
THE DEMOCRATS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE PARTY OF STATE CONTROL OVER COMMON PEOPLE. The Bills that the Democrats have passed are ALL intended on Benefiting Democrat Groups ONLY. This leaves the idea that the Democrats have become a Collective , Statist Party that have exploited Obama's historic presidency for DNC PARTY GREED . Democrats intention is PURE MONEY MOTIVE GREED USING TAX MONEY (See Bills). (Note: Obama himself Exploited his own historic presidency)

emmasn

Money hungry, attention seeking brats.

david miles

the way I see it,, it takes two to dance and having a child is a fifty fifty deal so the kid has to pay up.. I tell my son to look at the family of the girls he dates.. people who come from broken familys usually lack famly values and make bad parents themselfs and off subject my favorte founding father [some would argue this} was Noah Webster.. of webster dictionary fame.. at our house when growing up we were allowed to call each other [for one day] any word we knew the meaning of.. and with four brother and sisters we learned the meaning of many words.. there is the guy on fox who does the word of the day but in my family we had several words of the day.. my parents were smart in allowing this as we fought with words instead of fists.. recently our learder so called had a dictionary pulled out on him.. I noticed that he didn"t like that.. but words mean what they mean not what you want them to mean. I would like to tell you the meaning of left [sinister] as in evil and right [correct] as in the right choice..it gets more interesting if you research it..when I was young and you used your left hand to write with you got a smack with a ruler to stop you from being left..best wishes to the Palin family

student1776

Levi is a stupid young man who is living off the crumbs thrown out by the left in the continuing attempt to destroy Sarah Palin. What a pathetic little tool.

PHP87

FYI, Bristol Palin has a job and she is also going to school and she is taking care of her child.

What is Levi Johnston doing, other than riding Sarah's coattails and trashing the Palin family?

Has Sarah Palin ever trashed Levi?

No, she hasn't.

Meanwhile, Levi is running around and telling lies about Sarah and the Palin family to anyone that will pay him to say anything negative about the Palin's, regardless of whether it is true or not.

Yet the psychotic Palin-haters will believe anything and everything that this demonstrable deadbeat dad says.

While Sarah Palin has always been a success and continues to be successful as evidenced by her best-selling book and her new job as an FNC commentator and as a possible future Presidential candidate, Levi Johnston is nothing but a bum trying to milk his 15 minutes, and the clock is at 14:58 and ticking...

Johnston's mother is a convicted felon, he is a High School dropout, a deadbeat dad and an all-around douchebag who makes his "living" by airing dirty laundry, talking about the intimate details of his relationship with Bristol Palin and making up lies about Sarah Palin and her family.

Of course, the psychotic Palin-haters lap it up, much like a dog that laps up it's own vomit.

Levi Johnston is a proven liar, a deadbeat dad and a douchebag, yet amazingly, some people side with him while calling the Palin's nasty names.

That speaks volumes about those that side with Johnston.

Levi is probably afraid to drop of the check in person because he can't face the Palin family after they took him into their home, treated him like family, and he then betrayed them and told lies about them to the media.

What an ingrate.

That and the fact that he has demonstrated to be the epitome of a douchebag and a low-life, deadbeat dad.

Would you want him anywhere near your home or your family after the way he back-stabbed the Palin family?

Because he would do the same to you and yours in a minute for a dollar.

Think about that the next time you "side" with this POS, deadbeat douchebag.

I don't think he was really a bad kid, but the media and the money either brought out his bad side, corrupted him, or both.

And the media will toss him aside much like they did Cindy Sheehan once he has served their purpose, which is to trash a conservative political figure.

Tori

OMG!!! All the deserving single mothers out there and this tramp thinks she deserves a red cent?!?! If the courts ever demanded his payment and followed through, it would be PURELY because of who grandma is!!! I'm sorry, she does NOT need his money!!! And certainly not 1700 a month!!! If I were in her situation, I'd ask mom and dad for help before pestering the boy! Even my own parents would be able to help me more than my boyfriend would! The Palins are just a bunch of media attention whores.