Levi Johnston to Bristol Palin - Go Blame Yourself

1/22/2010 2:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Levi Johnston is baffled at Bristol Palin's demand for child support, because he's offered her money in the past but she hasn't taken it -- this, according to Levi's lawyer.

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston

Attorney Rex Butler tells TMZ, Levi has told Bristol on several occasions he wanted her to come to his house to pick up checks for Tripp's support. Butler says Levi also told her "it would be nice" if she brought Tripp along when she picked up the checks, because Levi wanted to spend time with his son. Butler says on each occasion Bristol was a no-show.

Butler says Bristol is partly to blame for the fact that she hasn't gotten the support she wants. Butler tells TMZ on one occasion Levi was prepared to hand over $3,000 ... but Bristol never showed.

As for why Levi didn't just put the check in the mail ... Butler says, "Why should he have to do that. He's not dangerous to her."

As we first reported, Bristol filed legal docs late Thursday asking for $1,750 a month in child support from Levi, claiming he's only paid $4,400 since Tripp was born. Levi's manager says the Playgirl model has forked over more than $10K.

Butler would not tell us how much Levi made in 2009, but says it's significantly less than $250,000.

And, Butler says, Bristol's been driving around in a $60,000 Cadillac Escalade that he believes Sarah Palin bought ... and he thinks Sarah is controlling Bristol and is behind the latest legal move.

UPDATE: Bristol's lawyer tells TMZ, "Bristol has set forth the facts regarding child support in her affidavit filed in court. The law in Alaska is clear: a parent is obligated to support his or her child. It is unfortunate Bristol has to seek court intervention in this regard."

Grandma

BRISTOL..GO FOR IT...!!!! GO TO COURT...HAVE HIM PAY THROUGH THE COURTS, THE COURTS MAKE SURE HE PAYS!!!...SO YOU GET YOUR MONEY..SO WHEN HE STOPS PAYING AND BECOMES A DEAD BEAT DAD....YOU CAN GO AFTER HIM LEGALLY....YOU LISTEN TO YOUR MAMA ...GIRL..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRANDMA'S RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

julie

Levi is a jerk. Put the check in the mail. The girl shouldn't have to go pick it up. That is creepy and weird. If he lived in my state - his income would be grabbed and the girl wouldn't have to deal with this. What a jerk. Support your kid you ass!

PolarBear

Clearly, the Republican Party is nothing without Texas oil money feeding it and they are adrift without a rudder or paddle these days. Is most certainly IS their end-times. They need a thorough cleansing and transformation into something legitimate. In the meantime, their campaign buttons will feature the likes of under-age teen pregnancy cases, illiterate degenerates like Sarah Palin, fear, ignorance, stupidity, hey, if it's Dark Ages horror, it's fine for the Republicans right now. My estimate is that it will take another 7 years for the Republicans to find their new paradigm and cast of characters.

ntvnat

((($100,000))) from In Touch magazine to EXPLOIT her two sons (Sarah and Bristol).
===
As well as Bristol's TOTALLY BOGUS "PR firm" used for her lying mommy's money laundering.
===
Why in the HELL should Levi have to pay that rich bitch party slut???????????

Kitty

This a hole knows how child support payments work, and it's not "Hey I got a check for you-come and get it". He's as big a dumb*ss as I've always thought he was. Too bad Bristol picked such a f-d up loser to date.

sunnyroberto

Why does everyone assume they weren't using birth control?? I heard he was using a condom, but because his penis is so small it fell off.

Face it, Levi, you're a dirt bag. Pay up, you dead beat.

D

SO MANY HATEFUL PEOPLE ON THIS POST HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT WERE YOUR DAUGHTER REMEMBER PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES FROM THE LOOKS OF THIS WEBSITE THERE ARE A LOT OF GLASS HOME OWNERS WHAT HAPPENED TO KINDNESS AND LOVE SHE IS A SINGLE MOTHER WHO DESERVES EVERY PENNY SHE CAN GET TO RAISE HER CHILD YOU LIBERALS ARE DISGUSTING GOD HELP YOU

Briana

People seem to forget that Levi has been repeatedly prevented from seeing his son by Sarah Palin (who has really got no right to interfere in the situation, but why would being unethical stop her from acting on her own personal motivations?). People also seem to forget that Bristol had a hand in conceiving this child...Levi did not just wish it upon her. As far as the public has been informed, Bristol is unemployed, is living in the family aerie, and surviving by using the family's (mommy dearest's) funds. I have no doubt that her vehicle was purchased for her by her "concerned" parental units. Having lived in Northern climes, I do know it is not necessary to have a $60,000 Leviathin luxury Cadillac to navigate the winter weather...and yes, I've lived in a very rural area with temperatures reaching well below zero (Farenheit), blizzards, 30 foot snow drifts, gale force winds, etc., and I managed with a hooptie '67 Mustang and no chains or snow tires.

I do know that the Palin clan seems to be genetically programmed to prevaricate and cheat. I don't think that Levi Johnston is any more podunk than Bristol is, or any less educated, or cultured, or responsible. Just because she actually delivered the baby (and is therefore biologically female), she is not exonerated in the sheer irresponsibility and stupidity of the situation. If I were in Levi Johnston's place, I would make Bristol meet in a specific place, sans Sarah (it is NONE of her mother's business), preferably with both party's lawyers in tow, each and every time child support was to be paid. I would pay by certified check, have Bristol sign a paper stating payment had been received, and have that paper witnessed and notarized. Too damn bad if it inconvenienced Ms. Bristol. I wouldn't take the least little chance of fraud being committed by the Palin clan.

Personally, I think that Levi has made not only made an effort to pay, but has paid child support. He has shown a considerable interest in his child...all of the negative press regarding his "poor relationship" and "lack of responsibility" and "moral reprehensibility" has come from...surprise, surprise...Sarah Palin! At least he IS employed, the same has not ever been said of Bristol, who seems to be comfortably milking the maternal teat...sort of like being on welfare, but this ignorant baby-mama has rich parents. I find it interesting that she is seeking the maximum she thinks she can get under Alaskan law from Levi for "child support". Right. Maybe she can get Sarah a new helicopter to go wolf huntin' in with all that money. I doubt she'll save it for a college education...maybe the campaign trail?

I've been in the position to seek child support, and I NEVER sought to deceive the courts, or get more than what was fair because I was bitter and angry (and I had been married to the loser, my child was planned, and born in wedlock, and I had contributed financially and fully to the marriage prior to the very necessary divorce). I've seen too many men absolutely screwed by the "justice" system and the courts, and I'm saying this as a woman. What I see on this thread is the same old blahblahblah. Poor Bristol, douche-bag Levi. He didn't GET her pregnant, he didn't rape the goofy girl, they were two ignorant, undereducated, unsupervised (by HER parents, by the way, in HER house), underage, hormonal, hick, stupid kids screwing their fool brains out all oblivious of any consequences. And, By the Bye, as a female, I have always subscribed to the MY uterus, MY responsibility theory (no, no one taught me that, I came up with it on my own at 17...and I NEVER had an "accident"), so I don't automatically blame the man. You all quit being such Luddites and start living in the actual 21st century...when women have equal rights AND equal responsibilities. It might be nice if Bristol told Sarah to butt out and started being an adult, too, and actually let Levi see his child regularly without "grandma Loony's" interference. On neutral ground...like her own place...not the Palin compound where the whole mess started. I wouldn't blame Levi one bit for not wanting to subject himself to his "almost in-laws" and their loathsome scrutiny and "helpful" attentions. In-laws from hell that one can never quite disassociate one's self from are kind of like herpes, and I'd say the Palins certainly qualify.

And as to the legal aspects, Levi's lawyer has already stated that Levi has been pursuing custody arrangements and visitation rights in court, and, knowing the legal system, this would include child support as well. This statement came out quite some time ago. Bristol's current court petitioning is legal sparring, and it suggests that something has come up that is unfavorable to her position. Give it a rest people...Bristol is NOT a woman wronged. Good grief.

sunnyroberto

Briana, after reading your post, I know why your a single mom. Your guy probably fled in horror and joined the priesthood.

"I do know that the Palin clan seems to be genetically programmed to prevaricate and cheat . . "

I guess in your spare time you've been analysing samples of Palin DNA???

Look, so far, it's he said / she said. It seems like you are taking every word Levi's attorney is saying as gospel. Frankly, based on how Bristol and Levi have been acting the past year, he hasn't earned the right to any credibility.

freebird

One question.....is she working to support the child also?

sound

@Briana - You are the winner of the WORLD'S BIGGEST WINDBAG AWARD! Your award is 100 pages of unverified facts and other misc. stuff pulled out of your a**; a year subscription to Kanye West's (another windbag) best one-liners; and a whoopee cushion because of the agony you put everyone through reading your Palin/Johnston thesis.

sound

Wow Briana, you're really getting good use out of that "Word-a-day" calendar you got for Christmas. Did you type this out before you put the glue in your dreadlocks and or after you braided your armpit hair?

My Gosh ! ! !

How about you taking the check to Bristol if you can't figure out how to put a stamp on an envelope. Guess that means you don't really want to see your son either, right? If you can't go to her house to see your son. Just an excuse not to pay anything to your son right.
You must be too busy taking plastic surgery mistake, Kathy Griffin to red carpet events, right. Do you even realize how the movie starlett "Liberals" are using you to discredit Sarah ???
And your joke of a "nudeless" photo shoot, ha ha ha ! ! !

My Gosh ! ! !

Bristol shouldn't have to work to support the baby, she is taking care of the baby. A stay at home Mom is much better for the baby. It is Levis place to support the boy he fathered. Don't call Bristol names, shes not the only person who gave this child life. But she is the one taking care of the baby.
So pay up Levi, you cheapskate. But I guess that is what trailer trash does, run away from supporting their children.....!

juschillen

Okay, so have either of these two even turned 12 yet? They're mere babies themselves. Let the courts handle it, she gave him a chance to pay child support, he gave her a chance to let him visit the kid...didn't work, move on, and let Uncle Sam work out all the details.