Andy Dick

'He Was Really Out of It'

1/23/2010 8:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Andy DickOne of the guys Andy Dick is accused of sexually abusing tells TMZ he was merely doing his job when Andy grabbed him in his special place.

Phillip Daniels, a bouncer at Rum Runners in West Virginia, tells TMZ Andy Dick tried walking past him when he entered the bar, without taking a wristband. Daniels says he stopped the comedian, put the band on his wrist ... that's when Andy grabbed his crotch. Daniels tells us ...when he pulled away, Dick laughed and walked off.

Daniels tells us, "You could tell he was really out of it. He was on something."

The bouncer says someone called the cops and they showed up 20 minutes later, inquiring, "Where's the comedian?" About eight cops went to the back, Daniels says, and walked out a few minutes later with Dick in handcuffs.

Andy Dick is facing two felony counts of sexual abuse -- a male patron says Dick also groped him. If convicted, he could get five years in prison. And, Dick is also in hot water because he's on probation for another assault case in L.A.

Andy's lawyer says Andy "is stunned by these allegations" and he is "strongly denying any criminal conduct."

Heather

If they knew he was that "out of it" they should have refused him service. Do you know how many female bartenders deal with that kind of bs daily? Its not right, but it happens.

Maybe this case will let non-celebs know its not okay...ever...to sexually grab/grope a stranger in a bar. No matter how drunk/high you are.

k

he seemed like a nice guy while clean in "celebrity rehab". sad what addictions do to people. i feel bad for his kid.

steve

I can understand how these bouncers would be pissed that someone grabbed their crotch. Im a straight guy and if a gay man grabbed my crotch I would be angry, but I wouldnt want the man thrown in jail for five years on a felony. Sounds like these big bouncers who are usually egotistical pricks got a little bit too sensitive like a women would get

Linda

What happened to celebrity rehab? I quess he relapsed? Just pray he finds the courage to get help again. It never get better this disease is a killer.

jordain

I was in WEHO monday june 21 2010 on vacation and i came across Andy at a bar called abby's? he was mangled and wanted nothing more then for me to be his BF. I then proceeded to tell him i was not gay" and that i thought the way he was touching me was not good. He didnt really settle down but i have many photo's of him acting out of control at the bar and a little video. I was also a little star struck (Andy **** is a D lister i know lol) and went with him and his clan to a messy old limo where they took part in some, how should i say it? white stuff, and he was gone from there ive never seen such a mess in my entire life he couldn't even get a beer to his lip's without pooring it all over himself first. Worst part was he was supposed to do a interview with Kathy Griffin at abby's and he could not pull him self together to do so! Sorry Andy but your a loser!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4