Conan O'Brien -- The Final Monologue

1/23/2010 2:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien delivered his last monologue as host of "The Tonight Show" -- and it was full of the usual self-deprecating humor ... and a few shots at his now former employer.

Conan O'Brien

And Conan delivered this touching thank you to his fans before performing "Free Bird" with Will Ferrell.

Conan O'Brien

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

John

The NBC bug was absent from the screen for most of the monologue, as well as during Conan's last little bit when he talked about the network. Interesting, huh?

jm

And then thanks them sincerely. Good man.

Tasha

I have been a long standing Conanite, I have watched his show since I was 13 years old when my parents finally let me get a tv in my bedroom back in the day...I am 28 years of age now and really sad that this small staple in my life will now be nonexistant. Wathing Conan at night was like comfort food. I really hope he finds a new home at another network! I'm pretty disapointed in how this whole thing played out with NBC and feel that Jay should have bowed out.

Debangor

I must admit I am not a Conan fan, but his statements at the end of the final show make it clear he is a classy guy. I admire him for the way he thanked NBC after working there for 20 years and how he told young people not to be cynical and to work hard. I have enjoyed watching Leno, Letterman and Conan the past couple of weeks and listen to all the jokes flying about the competition between the 3 late night hosts. It was easy to see he was sincere about not wanting to leave the Tonight Show and he could have really run down NBC but by taking the high road, showed me what a good guy he has been through all this. Most people would not have ended it like this. Good luck Conan!

Janet

Before you finally go away Conan, please donate a few million of your pay-off money to HAITI. hopeforhaitinow.org

urban

Well, Leno will be back soon... time for us to change the channel and watch Letterman!!!!

TEAM CONANDO!!!

stanfordfan

Conan...go to HBO or Fox, they would probably love a critically acclaimed Emmy award winner and a Writers Guild of America Award winner from Harvard

...unlike the other guy

Rocky

will

looks like ill be watching letterman until september. we will miss you conan!!!

COCO 4 LIFE!

Toots McGee

Here's hoping TMZ accurately covers Conan's last 15 minutes. It really came off as genuine.

As for that AP article posted previously, here's all you need to read to understand that Peter L. Bosch is simply a disgruntled fanboy.

bsb fan

TMZ, can you please post the video of Conan at the end of the episode before WIll Ferrell where he THANKS NBC for helping him begin his career??

Kthanks >.

Tara

i'm so sad :( He went out like a gentleman....now on to brighter and better things!!! GOOD LUCK CONAN!

Lovejac23

The last show was AWESOME! now I wish I would have watched him more. Best of luck to you, COCO!!!

Foody

WE LOVE YOU CONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessica

conan is the best. CAN NOT BE REPLACED. everybody watch letterman. conan's words at the end of the show touched me deeply. he is the best and will be missed!!:))

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments