'Pants on the Ground' Used in Political Attack

1/25/2010 5:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The "Pants on the Ground" phenomenon has infiltrated the Canadian government -- where one member of the legislative assembly broke out in song to attack a member from a rival political party.

T.J.: Burke: Click to watch
It all went down Friday morning inside the New Brunswick Legislature -- when veteran politician T.J. Burke used "General" Larry Platt's theme song to explain how an opposition member had been caught with his "pants on the ground" during a recent radio interview.

Details aside -- it's just funny.

Chelsea

Oh please - as a person from NB, this is not that bad.
Canadian politicians have a better sense of humor than American ones do - check out anything from "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" for proof. This is funny, it's nothing to 'facepalm' over. Get over yourselves.

Jessica

Well, I live like five minutes away from where this went down. (Screw all of you who dopn't like NB, it's for me for the past 19 years of my life.) I've been in that lovely buliding and watched a debate...much more boring than this one. and Yes this does kind of make us look like a dolte but it is still kind of funny. You laugh but then you're like "F***, he really just did that."

Jessica

Sorry for my typos in the first post. But ya, essentially in a nut sheel I love New Brunswick, this is funny and some people are just getting way too up tight over this! And another question how did this make TMZ. Please tell me.

SoproudtobeinNB

Re: I'd be embarrassed to be Canadian after seeing that. Are all your Liberal politicians childish, attention seeking fools like this?

Embarrassed to be Canadian?? Are you kidding. Does the name Bill Clinton mean anything to you? No? How about George Bush?

As an incredibly proud Canadian, I think it is fantastic that we have a system where people are allowed to express their opinions. Does that mean that we all have to agree with the opinions, or the way in which they were expressed? Not at all, but at least we have that option.

joe

Donna

Well I have to admit TJ has a sense of humour,like most Canadians he can laugh instead of always being stuffy. As for being embarrassed to be from New Brunswick are you kidding me. TJ got his point across and no matter how he did it worked. I am a proud canadian from Nova Scotia. As for the Americans that made comments check your facts and get back to us.

babyjag

I went to law school with Mr. Burke and he is a very upstanding guy with a great sense of humour! I think sometimes folks get just a little too serious. Lighten up folks!

Beth

I'm going to have to guess that Roger M has no sense of humor and must be from Ontario or Quebec.

Lindsay

This made me proud to be from Fredericton, New Brunswick. Thanks for putting us on the map, TJ!!!

Bre

I went to school with TJ, and I have to say, he's pretty awesome. I'm proud as heck that Canadians- even our politicians, aren't stuffy. Stuffy politics are a thing of the past.

Pants on the ground.

Garrett

F*ck You RodgerM.
New Brunswick is the best province in this country.
Also,the statement wasn't made to Stephen Harper dumbass.

Nick

RodgerM is either from Ontario, or worse, Alberta ...

Tina

Love it, made me laugh out loud!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4