Angelina Jolie & Bro Make Video Tribute to Mom

1/26/2010 6:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Angelina Jolie and her brother James Haven have joined forces to release a video tribute to their late mother Marcheline Bertrand -- featuring home movies from 1981 ... when Angie was just 6-years-old.

Marcheline Bertrand: Click to watch
The video, which shows the family messin' around during a trip to Hawaii, ends with a message that reads, "We Miss You Mom ... With Love, Angelina and James."

Wednesday marks the 3-year anniversary of Marcheline's death.

TMZ has confirmed that Angelina and James were behind the posting of the video.

Icebaby

Don't disrespect that was sweet. Angie rules!

suzukigurletoo

I too lost my mama in 2005 after a long illness. Looked like we just got close right then...just sitting on the couch with each other after I got off work, watching (against my will) her favs Family Feud and Wheel of Fortune with her smoking cigarettes (again against my will). Lord, EVERYTIME I hear that Wheel of Fortune/Family Feud music honey I get that feeling all over again. The other day I was practising how she used to answer the phone with that dreamy hellooo. People said we sounded alike...now they say that I look like HER. She too was a class act. You never get over it...you just make yourself keep it moving! RIP Marcheline and Laura. Sweet vid.

Steve

This is just WEIRD. Why would a celebrity who is constantly hounded by the press release a public memorial to her mother? Does Angelina really need more attention? There are some things that should just remain within your own family.

miapocca

for someone who claims to be private and hide away from pap, this is a verypublic sharing of whatever you call it.

Nice video, but really we dont need to see it..its personal.
who knows she wants us to see her in a good light now that billy goat is chaffing at the chains!!

Herpes Hilton

Knowing what a master manipulator of the media Angelina is, I can't help but find it odd this comes out right after the HUGE rumors this past weekend of her and Brad breaking up. Sorry, but the chick doesn't do anything without careful thought as to how it's going to make her look to the public.

Andie

She's just trying to give herself some good PR before Brad dumps her.

scum

Love the video so nice. I'm sure she misses her mother so much they were best friends.

olddrunk

Some of you heartless b*s-turds are why I drink.
For whatever reason they are posting this, they lost their mother. And for whatever reason they are posting this, they both loved their mother.
Cheers to my mom and dad.

Andrew

This video is made by a fan. R.I.P. Marcheline Bertrand and forgive the idiots.

jan

What a beautiful video, shows what a loving Mother she was. I lost my beautiful Mom in Oct 08 & miss her every day of my life. No one ever replaces your Mom, so those of you who still are lucky enough to have yours, cherish her. Lovely tribute to your Mom Angelina. You look so much like her.

Alma

I started crying INSTANTLY. Geeze...What a video. Reminds me of some moments in my life where i knew I would never be left alone...

courtney

Beautiful tribute.Your mother would be proud.Blessings and peace to your family.

Angel

What a loving tribute to their mom. There is nothing even close to losing your mother or a child. She looks so much like her mom. This is so touching. What a wonderful memory!

Moon

JAH bless Jolie famz!

Nine

What a sad attempt to get the press to side with her when the announcement is made. Only the true narcissist releases a childhood video 3 years after her mother's death to the entire world. She exploits her mother, her children and her relationship w/Brad. Her father, Jon Voigt was correct: she does have mental issues.

And let's not forget, her mother moved Angelina's boyfriend into the house when she was only 14. What mother does this? I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about how the death of her mother messed her up, but she was messed up long before that..