Angelina Jolie & Bro Make Video Tribute to Mom

1/26/2010 6:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Angelina Jolie and her brother James Haven have joined forces to release a video tribute to their late mother Marcheline Bertrand -- featuring home movies from 1981 ... when Angie was just 6-years-old.

Marcheline Bertrand: Click to watch
The video, which shows the family messin' around during a trip to Hawaii, ends with a message that reads, "We Miss You Mom ... With Love, Angelina and James."

Wednesday marks the 3-year anniversary of Marcheline's death.

TMZ has confirmed that Angelina and James were behind the posting of the video.

mom in georgia

How beautiful, I feel their love and the pain of their loss. God bless

Suze

I've lost my mother to cancer as well, so I understand the pain.....that being said, this video tribute is just stage one of "Angelina's Sympathy Tour 2010". I bet the rumors are true; she and Brad are done. This (very, very private) video is to begin the PR spin. Next I bet she'll jet off to Afganistan again. Maybe she'll even make another public donation.

dr cyclops

why didnt she just post a video of her taking a shower when she was 18,...now that i would like to seee,,or a make out session with jennifer annistan..who cares about a dead mum..geeez give me a break..she hated her mom and dad for years and wouldnt speak their name..i know i was her butler and gardner

Marla

Some people commenting here are so ignorant about some facts of life and how humans cope and react to different events, they are just blinded by hatred and are so self-righteous, they can do no wrong, just a bunch of loosers that's what they are.

chemomom

Weird, really weird, if you ask me. The woman is a schemer, known to many in my life not to recognize one when I see one. Sure she does lots of good, but it always feels icky, as if there is a motive behind her good deeds. Being a cancer patient, I can understand wanting to do something in her mothers memory, but, to post it on youtube? Like I said weird, really weird...

SoCalGal

What a beautiful and touching tribute to a mom. It just reminded me of my own mom who passed away from the same disease several years this month. The pain, though dull, never really heals. Reading the negative comments, I can't believe how cruel people can be, or they never lost a parent or a loved one - yet. The video was, apparently personal, and posted on her mothers memorial page for friends and family to view, and obviously not to be scrutinized by strangers. But that's the proliferation of the internet for you. The website also noted that the video will be coming down shortly, clearly, because they didn't expect it to be posted on a celeb gossip page and be taken out of context as some sort of surreptitious publicity ploy. I really don't understand the inherent hate in people. The video is a sweet and sentimental gesture by a brother and sister who love and miss their mother.

dr cyclops

SHE IS AS WACKO AS JACKO WAS..THESE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SOOO MUCH MONEY START TO THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOUR AVERAGE JOE..HER PAIN IS NO WORSE THAN MY PAIN WHEN I STUB MY TOE..I CRY SHE CRY,,I BLINK SHE BLINK..BUT FOR SOME REASON THESE WACKO PEOPLE THINK THEY EXPERIENCE EVERYTHING MUCH MORE THAN THE AV ERAGE PERSON..BRETT FARVE PLAYS A FOOTBALL GAME THE DAY AFTER HIS DAD DIES ,,SO WHAT I WENT TO WORK THE NEXT DAY AFTER MY MOM DIED,,AM I A HERO,DO I GET ON TV HELLLL NO..SO IF HER MOM IS PUSHING UP DAISES WELL TOO BAD,,GO SPEND A FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND AND YOULL FEEL BETTER LADY..

kirk

WoW! Well done, I can see the love light from her mom, it shines in her daughter. Thank you for sharing that with us Angelina, I get it. LOVE.

Tony

How can people not feel the sincerity of this video. These kids were extremely close to their mother because their dad was "busy". As for hater #16 (lesbian). Brad and Jennifer had no kids. Their was no bust of a family, just a couple. If they had I think it would have been completely different. Jenny didn't want them and Brad did. Brad found somebody else who wanted the same things. So in essence Jenny's career was the homewrecking slut you refered to. Besides who would listen to anyone who turns a child like character into a flaming lesbo name.

Tony

This was a touching video that made me sad to think that my mom will someday be gone as well and I hope I have something like this to remember her by.
To all the haters: I hope no one is there for you when your mommas pass.

chemomom

Whoa, there anthonyc. No one said they weren't close to their mother, people are just suspicious of why they made it. Could it be because of their past exploits? Hum, just maybe people have reason to questions their actions. Personally when my time comes and if my kids post something like that on youtube I will be coming back to haunt their a**es! Make a tribute for family and friends, share it with people who knew her, but for god sake keep it off the internet. As for why Jennifer and Brad split, how do you know she didn't want children? Maybe she can not have them, did you ever think about that? I think it is more along the lines that he cheated multiple times on her and she wanted someone better to be her baby daddy!

Patty

What a Beautiful women she must have been..Angelina looks just like her mother...just beautiful..very, very sweet video...

Damari

WOW! I can't beleive some of these peoples comments. HOW HEARTLESS CAN YOU BE???? You abviously haven't lost someone you love. Regaurdless of what you think of her, this is a sweet video and I think she shared it to help keep her mothers memory alive, to show what kind of a mother she was to her kid and the great relationship they had, and to show the world how much she is loved and missed. If your going to say something rude maybe you should keep the hatered to your self. What if this was someone in your family you lost and you try to do something nice for them and some IDIOT comments something rude. Peaple get brave behind the key boards huh?

c

i loved that. i hope she can do the same thing with her family. if she has time.

Janet