Paula Abdul -- 'Dancing' Is Lucrative

1/26/2010 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paula AbdulPaula Abdul has a million reasons to appear on "Dancing with the Stars."

ABC has offered Abdul a $1,000,000 development deal, with one catch -- she has to appear on "DWTS," sources tell TMZ.

ABC has been going after Paula for a few years now, trying to get her on "DWTS."

According to the proposed deal, ABC would allow Paula to do "The X Factor" with Simon Cowell. We're told Simon and Paula met a week ago to discuss the show, and it looks like it will happen.

Paula has to make a quick decision -- we're told the ABC offer is contingent on Paula doing "DWTS" this season, which starts in March.

A rep for ABC says they don't comment on prospective cast members.

Mary

could she really do this? I remember years ago her telling everyone she cannot dance like she used to because of her injuries. If she can, more power to her.

Travis

Being that they are not looking for a judge, Paula can only be a contestant and not one of the professional dancers. In order to be a professional dancer on the show, one must have had ballroom experience, which Paula has never had, which also makes her eligible to be a contestant.

Personally, in the past I was torn over the idea of her being on the show, but now, I think it is a whole new ball game. With her being off Idol and the new season of DWTS to start in March, this would be TV Gold to have her on the show. It would also give Idol some major ratings competition. Go for it Paula!!!!!!!

Beth

Would love to see her on DWTS but I don't think it will happen. First of all, she now has four titanium plates in her neck and this show is very grueling physically. And second of all, rumor has it that Simon signed her to a very lucrative, very exclusive contract months ago. If she never works for anyone but Simon for the rest of her life, she will do very well money-wise.

Sharon

You're right! Please tell her to go away!!!!! I can't stand her either......

Harweygirl

Love Paula! Wow if she was on DWTS I would be so happy! I've missed her on Idol this year. She's funny and soooo pretty! :D

Darlene

I cant stand that has been woman, Dancing with the Stars should find someone worth watching!

Elizabeth

Isn't she a professional dancer and (I'm gonna spell this wrong...)coreographer? How is that fair to the other contestants???

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Where's the John Edwards story? Is TMZ too embarrassed by a fellow Nazi to post it?

ric

boring

Deb

I love Paula, and am really missing her presence on Idol. I'd love to see her back on tv in this or any capacity. If Olympic gymnasts and figure-skaters can be contestants, then why not her? I also can't wait to see the reunion of Simon and Paula on X-Factor. They are tv magic together. I'll drop Idol like yesterday's news to watch them battle it out on Simon's new show.

Bettsie

Paula is all things good and great dancer. What were they thinking when there going to put Ellen on as a judge. Duh

Helen

I can't imagine Dancing going that route. She is a professional dancer and choreographer. What's the deal?

kate

I think she would make a great contestant. She is no more over qualified than an Olympic ice skater or these pop singer/dancers they have on. Actually since she is 47 and has a giant metal rod in her neck she has a bit of a disadvantage to the 20 somethings healthy kids.

Ooooo Noooo!

How in the wild world of sports can she possibly stay sober long enough to make it through a dance number?

go away

Did anybody else notice the Conan rerun NBC aired last night? They used his own sketch of the focus group with seniors not liking him for the Tonight Show host. Low blow NBC.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments