John Edwards 'Sad' about Separation with Wife

1/27/2010 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John edwards separated from his wife ElizabethJohn Edwards has confirmed ... he's separated from his wife, Elizabeth Edwards, calling it an "extraordinarily sad moment."

News of the separation comes only one week after John admitted to fathering a child with his mistress, Reille Hunter, back in 2007 ... around the same time Elizabeth was diagnosed with breast cancer.

John and Elizabeth have been married since 1977.

More John Edwards

Raejean

You want to know what's "sad," John?

LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

Proud American

What a loser. I glad we now know which of his heads he was using to make his decisions when he was running for president.

Saultxyca

John Edwards is a world-class turd. Who can forget his deep-drawl campaign zinger: "Elizabeth is the love of my life." Anything to get elected. Such bad Karma.
I never thought I'd say this, but: Thank you, National Enquirer!

Cindy

Another dumbass...threw it all away for a piece of ass! AND told his mistress that when his wife died, they would get together! As per the book....

He'll lose his political career once re-elections come up...then it's back to lawyering....but who will hire him?

SUE

I bet the worst part of this whole thing for him is that this woman that he cheated with isn't a gorgeous babe. He just strikes me as the type who won't be seen with her because she's not good looking enough.
When he had her in hiding (actually living with Andrew Young and family), the dude who was paying her on John's behalf DIED, so he had no one to cover for him anymore. Can this guy's luck get any worse??? Is that poetic justice, or WHAT??? HA HA HAHAHAHAHA

EEO

I hope your,your new girl, and the product of your sin get into a head on collision with a GOYA truck. Stay strong Elizabeth!

river rat

John Edwards, you are a putz!

NaughtyRedhead

He's sad???? What a d-bag; what about how his wife felt when she found out he was f***ing another woman while she was fighting cancer.

carol

What a piece of crap he is. He better stay sad forever because if anyone gets wind of the fact he is seeing or running around with that baby's ugly mother, it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what a piece of lying garbage he is - even now.

1977rbc

What a loser. Elizabeth appears to be a kind, loving and compassionate woman. I always thought he was skeevy .... something about him always bothered me. I hope Elizabeth beats her cancer and lives a happy and fun life.

i love the 80

Well perhaps if he's sad and this is a sad moment.. maybe he should have kept it in his pants.. there is nothing more cruel or basterdly then to cheat on your dying wife.. may God bless mrs edwards and i hope her last days are peaceful and that she has rest in the knowledge that he will have to pay for his sins one day..

Artrina

Thank goodness this man wasn't elected Prez or VP!!!!

Lilarose

I have no doubt he will move in with Reille, eventually.

Just has to have her, right?

Bastard.

Pat G

Elin Woods, please take note, this could be you in the future, living a lie...just like Mrs Edwards.
Run while you can...don't stay because off your kids...they won't thank you.

joey - I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!!!

To #62 & #63 - Are you both really "John Edwards" writing these comments under fake names? Or are both of you two other clueless idiots.........