Pete Townshend Triggers Super Bowl Warning

1/28/2010 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

People who live around Sun Life Stadium in Miami -- where Super Bowl XLIV will be played a week from Sunday -- have received this advisory -- watch your kids, because Pete Townshend of The Who fame is coming to town.

Pete Townshend

Townshend became a registered sex offender after being arrested in 2003 in a pedophilia sting in the UK. Townshend was not convicted but placed on a sex offenders list.

The Who is playing the halftime show at the Super Bowl and several child abuse organizations have sent postcards to 1500 homes and several schools close to the stadium, warning that Townshend will be in town.

It's unclear if Townshend is still on the official sex offenders list -- he was supposed to be taken off after 5 years.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Pete Fan

Hey - I just called this organization that put out the flyer in this article....the number is right there on the flyer...but it's 321-638-3711. I just called and asked who I could complain to about their treatment of Pete and the guy said I could talk to him....then he started yelling at me, called me a peodiphile and swore worse than a drunken sailor on leave. This guy clearly has issues....let's all have some fun and call over there and see what he says to you. But please...let your voice be heard...these type of people are exactly what is wrong with our country...man people like this suck.

Pete Fan

for Laura and TKL and other's who state "facts" and I use that term with great humor...please cite your sources..you state no real facts outside of your own imagination - I have not found anything on the web that states he was found with "10,000 items of offensive material"...what I did find was this and it is an important read for everyone who is concerened with the law in any country.

http://www.petetownshendisinnocent.com/essaysc.html - it's called "the case against Pete Townshend"

I'm all for protecting our children, but hate people who use the tragedy against our children to advance their own agenda or try to gain their own fame. You people should be ashamed of your selves.

John

He was put on the UK list and he is still on it. They don't have to convict there..

JulianBray

I understand he eats them as well. Good to know he's a few dasys older than me... and always will be...enjoyed the music nowe will someone please explain what all those bikers were doing running around the field without choppers...either side of the who performance?

raidernations

What a bunch of nutjobs... Anita Bryant is sure to be involved in this. W a H a O a R a E

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9