'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

1/30/2010 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisPhil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

riottgirl

Our prayers are with you and your family! Get well soon.

THE TIME IS NEAR

Smoking irritates the lining of the blood vessels in a most terrible fashion. He should have stopped immediately after he had that blood clot. The minute he stopped his improvement would have began. I hope it isn't serious and if he pulls through it he needs to totally stop smoking and go on a real low fat low cholesterol diet.

DonnaMac

My thoughts and prayers are with Phil, he's our favorite guy on the show. I truly hope he will be okay.

Cheryl

Captain Phil, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Get well.

bmtopm

hope this msg gets to phil love you man get well soon we will be praying for you. For all you people talking about his smoking shut up. It is his life and he should be able to live it his way. with out comments from the peanut gallery. most of you making those comment just wish your were have the man he is

Trina

Cpt Phil, hope you make a full and speedy recovery! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family (both off and on the water).

Jeff Dean

Badassdude, how about if we just use your middle name - ass. Capt. Phil is a mans man, in one of the deadliest occupations on earth. He loves his sons and they love him, I pray they don't lose him, I too was afraid this could happen. I've been in the Bering Sea, all those men deserve all the respect you can give them. My prayers to Phil, the boys and their families. A man has a right to live his life as he chooses. Godspeed.

jesse lee cook

I was having a nice day until i read this..Get well soon phil!My heart and thoughts go out to you and your great hard working family..Try to stay up beat!jesse lee

Jimmie Sue

Get well soon,Captain Phil, the show won't be the same without you!

Lewy

The Deadliest Catch: Best Show on Television.

GMW

Phil is a captains captain, and a huge part of one of the best shows on TV, bar none. I pray for him and his families present needs and wisdom to the doctors treating him. Also that they will be awaken to this need to get away from those cigarettes! They kill many a young man and or greatly shorten the life expectancey of all users.

Jeff

Stop smoking. Eat right. Get off the boat--too much stress. Stop smoking. I hope he survives this but I bet when he gets out he'll be back on the boat smoking like crazy and drinking redbull.

The next event will be a total heart attack.

disturbed

43. Two thoughts:
1. Karma
2. It was only a matter of time...

Posted at 6:27PM on Jan 30th 2010 by Lynne
===================================================

Yeah, well now all you have to do is get a brain and try to have a real thought.

Why don't you try SLWA, Skanky, Loveless, Witches Anonymous?

John Corvino

Phil, I hope you recover real soon. I was hopeing after your blood clot. That you were feeling better. I had to get off a shrimp boat when i became ill. I only did it for 5 years. But it was my pashion. I wait every year for nthe new season of Deadliest Catch. God Bless to you and Your Family. Hope to see you soon on the show. John from Florida

Mercedes

Get well soon Capatain Phil, and thanks to TMZ for the information.