'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

1/30/2010 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisPhil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

Jill

Love the show. Phil is my favorite.
Get better soon!

heather

Sucks that this had to happen, he is a favorite in our family..Our prayers go out to you and your family...Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Richard & Sue DeGennaro

Phil,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a speedy recovery and commit to treat your body better in the future. We enjoy you and the crews of "Deadliest Catch".

God speed,

The DeGennaro's

Dana Owens

We love the show and can appreciate the danger these men put themselves in for the love of fishing. Captain Phil and his crew are one of our true favorites. Our prayers and thoughts are with Phil, Jacob, Josh, and the entire CM crew during this very trying time in their lives. Phil, here's to a speedy recovery, may God be with you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you back on the show real soon.

Lori

Love Captain Phil and the Cornelia Marie crew!! I watch them every season. God speed Capt. Phil. Get well real soon!! Prayers to you and your family!!!

NettyDino

I met Capt. Phil last year when he came into our store. He is exactly the same as you see on TV. No airs or pretenses, just a normal everyday nice guy. He hung around and visited with staff for a bit. Please Phil, we love you and your family loves you. Stop smoking. You can do it!

Carolyn

We have really enjoyed watching Capt. Phil and his crew for many years. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. I hope and pray you have many more years with your family and all those you love.

"So now all fishermen be of good cheer
And always remember Your Lord is near
The word of a hymn which can give courage to thee
Are "Jesus Saviour, Pilot Me"."

codysmom98

Phil...you have to get better soon! Your my favorite!!! My prayers are with you and your family. Godspeed!! :)

Joanna

I hope he is ok... he seems like such a good guy. Best to him and his family.

Victoria

I love Phil. I remember watching him with the clot going into his lung and it was nerve wreaking.

This is truly a sad moment. My prayers go out to his family and the Cornelia Marie.

Lisa

My thoughts and prayers are with Captain Phil and his family. I love the Deadliest Catch and respect the work these men do. I believe with this many people sending their prayers and positive thoughts; surely we will see Captain Phil powering on in future episodes. God bless you Captain Phil. Stay positive.

gg

Hard life. Hard times. best of luck Phil. My family loves you and you boys. Hope you pull through and can stop smoking so you can see your grand kids grow up a bit.

lindsey

i remember the episode where he went to the hospital and my heart just sinking...i so hope he will be okay and like other's said he IS a hard working guy who very much so loves his children. i hope maybe he will stop smoking after all this. god bless you phil!

Lynn

My hubby Mike loves that show and wishes Phil a speedy recovery phil is tough he will get thro this

Rick

Get well soon. Dude is a trooper.