Sen. Brown's First Task -- Get Kid Back on 'Idol'

1/31/2010 9:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Before Massachusetts Senator-elect Scott Brown gets officially sworn into office, he's going to use whatever political power he can to write a terrible injustice -- his daughter's dismissal from "American Idol."

Brown explained to Barbara Walters that his daughter was only 17 at the time Simon Cowell described her performance as "robotic" and "empty" and he'd love to have her get on the show again.

The way Brown's luck has been lately, she'll probably win next season.

Cara

If she wanted to be back on American Idol then she should have tried out again, what a joke!

UGGGGHHH

THANK GOD HE WON OVER CROAKLEY.

Shanay

He sucks and she sucked then!!!!! When those idiots find out who they really voted for, they will be very sorry!!!! I know Ted Kennedy is turning over in his grave!

MrsJoe

Boy, is he nice looking......

Shanay

Oh and PASS THE HEALTH CARE BILL.......YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PAYCHECK AND YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy

Who rights these things?

Bernard

OMG! I am already tired of people talking about his stinkin' kids! So what! At least his kids have health insurance. I'm a small business owner tryin' to make it in this economy and I pray every day my kids stay healthy and accident free. So. . . so frickin' what he wants his kids back on Idol. I think we are all in for quite a ride with this guy. Who pimps out their kids during a victory speech?!?!?! We can see he is self serving from the start.

rico

Good looking,OK but hes a douch bag, Hes another John Edwards in the making, mark my words....

Ols

He's going to "right" an injustice. I know grammar isn't anything to worry about here but you are journalists, right?

ralph

"he's going to use whatever political power he can to write a terrible injustice"

Yes, that would be "right" a terrible injustice, like righting a wrong.

The first terrible injustice that Sen. Brown actually "writes" will be the first senate bill he authors. LOL

philthetruth

Just a minor correction to this TMZ story: Brown's win had nothing to do with luck...

sst226

Simon and FOX don't do it. He thinks now that as a senator can use political influence on "American Idol." Simon says she was not good enough for the show when she was 17...

Kitnwithawhip

His daughter came off as a condescending ice princess and was voted off because everyone knows one, hates one, and doesn't want to give another one any more unearned privileges if they can help it. "But could she sing?" you ask. Not as well as she could sneer.

Rene

OK, he is now invading TMZ! I'm Mary, I'm From Wrentham, and I AM SICK OF SCOTT. Great guy, but all set with the whole Scott fever thing and would like to go uptown and get some milk without seeing a news truck................

South Beach

Hello Mass? Good luck with this guy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments