'Pants on the Ground'

Joins the Mile High Club

2/1/2010 9:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gen. Larry Platt just took in-flight entertainment to the next level.

Platt's manager tells TMZ Platt busted out an impromptu performance of "Pants on the Ground" during a flight from L.A. to Atlanta this AM -- after passengers recognized him and then begged him to do it.

We're told Platt -- who was on his way back home from The Grammys -- performed the song in the aisle in coach.

Platt was the last person to get off the plane -- because the pilots and flight attendants wanted to meet him.

Meggan Anderson

I was on this flight in coach, and yes to all of the above! I have pictures and video of the incident! It was too funny!

ugh

I think this old guy is a hoot. I hope his 15 minutes last a long time....it is nice good things are happening to him in his life. Lets get rid of the Jersey Shore gang and a few others first.

Brian

Can we please get rid of this guy.

Robin

Meggan, pls post on youtube! I'd love to see it and the passengers reactions :)

Michael

How do you submit a question to TMZ live?

gene yuss

I would rather the plane crash than have to listen to that song

Michelle

I came home after work today, and my neighbor's sons pants "were on the ground". I laughed to myself, and so wanted to sing it. Yea, he was looking like a fool with his pants on the ground! Those nasty boxers hanging out of his pants......

msblacknsilky

Not only do I love his song. The timing could not have been better. We have embraced his message, and most off all a voice has been given toward the displeasure of those who wear pants so low. This practice now (through the General's help) does not seem as "trendy" as it once did.
I heard the other song which came out somewhere around 1996. #1 timing was off for that song & #2 We never even heard of the song.....the title "pockets on the floor or ground" isn't catchy enough.
I give "Pants on the ground" & General Plat a major HIGH FIVE !!!

Grouch

How is it that this drug addled twit has agents and publicists?

Push him back into the alley he was found in already.

Annonymous

Why is everyone frequently asking him to sing (that very dumb and annoying) so-called-song??? He's going to get sooooooo irritated of singing at people's requests, over and over again. He's going to suffer from the Steve Erkle syndrome ("Did I do that?!). He will regret the day he sang that song on AI. As usual folks, fame is not all it's cracked up to be AND...be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. lol!

Elvis Twin

I tried this last week on a southwest flight from Nashville to Houston and got kicked off the plane. I was 10 times better than this guy, and I actually dropped my pants to the ground! These flight attendants have no sense of humor.

WillOTheWisp

Haters: kiss all the butts who's pants are on the ground!

I like this guy! I liked how he presented himself on A.O.; he seemed genuine!
If "Pants on the Ground" is all that he is ever remember for....well, God bless him, and my he have the best of luck and many blessings in his future endeavors!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2