Mel Gibson

One Word Tirade

2/2/2010 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A frustrated Mel Gibson was pitching his new movie to a Chicago TV reporter today, only to be repeatedly blocked by questions about his infamous anti-Semitic rant -- it resulted in an A-bomb explosion.

Mel Gibson One World Tirade Screen Shot
After an uncomfortable first few minutes during the satellite interview, the WGN-TV reporter gave his obligatory "go see the movie" -- and kissed Mel off.

Mel, apparently thinking the interview was over, took a swig of his coffee drink ... and called the guy an "asshole."

So we ask ...

Turntable

COME ON DUDE HARVEY, WE WANT YOUR CONFESSIONS!

TELL EVERYBODY THAT YOUR POLICE REPORT WAS A FAKE, AND THAT YOU PAID OFFICER MEE TO ADD ANTISEMITIC RANT AND "SUGAR TITS" IN THE COPY OF THE ORIGINAL ONE!

COME ON DUDE, DONT BE SUCH AN A--HOLE!
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO SAY YOU ARE SORRY
NEVER TOO LATE TO APOLOGIZE
ITS TURNTABLES TIME DUDE
YOUR TURN TO CORN THE BEEF, HARVEY LEVI!

WE CRAVE FULL DISCLOSURE ON THE CASE!

M

I thought the reporter had a legitimate line of questioning. I also wondered if people were going to stay away from his movie. I thought Mel was being a jerk, and he could have handled the situation differently. He should worry about his audience because he's still coming off as a hateful person when he does stuff like this.

truthiness

I love how Mel Gibson acts like we don't remember what an a**hole he is. "What exactly are you referring to?" Seriously? Did he need to ask that? He's talking with a reporter, what did he expect? The reporter asked a FAIR question, a question I know I would have asked if I were doing the interview. I think I would have went one step further and said, "You said you're still the same person. In other words you're still anti-Semitic. Great having you on the program, Mel!"

Rawhead

That baldy needs to lighten up and focus on the interview...DUDE!...that was sooooo 4 years ago.

PolarBear

I'm with Mel on that one, the reporter (another moron with no journalism skills) was an axxhole. Completely. Talk about a sloth with no grip! What public? The public is up and at it! That reporter is a weekend basement TV-plunking, pizza-stuck-on-pajamas donut hole with no access to the flow of life. One thing Mel Gibson isn't, and that's a lifeless pudge, no matter what you or I might think of him on other issues, he's not a brainless pizza slob. There are three kinds of people in the world, but usually only two; 1) the FREE AND ALIVE and 2) parasites. Which are you?

It could also be that the reporter was just asking questions given to him; by the moronic degenerate basement TV-plunking pizza-stuck-on-pajamas desert cult that loves the media market and pays his salary. Salary? No, a dope like that is probably on minimum wage, and led on with hopes of breaking into the "chicks dig it, really" burger-flipper plateau after he hits "double diamond distributor" of PURE BS INTERVIEWS.

ecco6t9

I'm with Mel on this one, he apologized for what he did and it's time to move on. Now if the reporter asked Mel if Sugar Tits were in the movie that would be funny.

hunsister

Wild Ocean, you are nuts.

Carol

MEL GIBSON: THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA ONCE AGAIN!!!

pie

It would be like pumping up Michael Jackson on his this is it tour, then talking about child molestation charges. At least Michael was found not guilty, where poor Mel took admitted he made unfair comments to the sheriff department. – Usually these are lesbian sheriff deputies who are looking for any excuse to lambaste heterosexual men over anything they say or do. In Mel’s case, the lesbian sheriff deputy wanted to get into Mel’s wife pants, and was jealous, and had to do something to Mel to make him look bad.

Jewels

There are ways to deal with Anti Semetic People like Mel Gibson. Do what most Jews are doing. Boycott his movies. NO MEL - You Moron - you are not forgiven. Once an Anti Semite - always one! You will not get one penny of my money ever again!

Smelly Jelly

Mel is an insincere lout. Oh, "I've done all the necessary mea culpas..." Still arrogant, still stupid, still a rabid anti-Semite. Freaking midget.

Deborah

What the heck? How in the world can so many people judge Dean Richards--a good man and solid reporter with a danged good reputation--as a bad guy? I know! TMZ didn't report the whole thing! I live in Chicago and have seen Dean's interviews. He talks about the movie, and then, just as all good entertainment reporters do, he asked the celebrity how things are going since the last time they talked, when (such and such) happened. Mel Gibson's look off camera, like his PR person might be there feeding lines, along with his, "I'm going to drink coffee and ignore you," last 20 seconds of the interview, with the thumbs up instead of a real answer...well, it's too easy to see his demeanor and temper aren't professional. Note to all celebrities: Don't come to Chicago for PR if you can't handle a real reporter asking real questions. Period.

Kazzar

Ahhh..hahaha....Go Mel....Can't take the Aussie out of the boy..even if he wasnt born here.

rapper

Actually Dean Richards is a pretty good guy. I think multiple WGN reporters have had run ins with a**hole celebrities. I believe Larry Potash had one also.

Too bad Adolph Mel did not like someone asking him a substantive question instead of fluffy cr@p usually asked on these satellite press junkets

Grammar nazi

Sorry but the reporter was doing his job. If Mel is going to get drunk and say hate speech when he's in the public eye, making millions of dollars from the public, who pay to see him for entertainment... he's going to have to answer questions.