Mel Gibson

One Word Tirade

2/2/2010 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A frustrated Mel Gibson was pitching his new movie to a Chicago TV reporter today, only to be repeatedly blocked by questions about his infamous anti-Semitic rant -- it resulted in an A-bomb explosion.

Mel Gibson One World Tirade Screen Shot
After an uncomfortable first few minutes during the satellite interview, the WGN-TV reporter gave his obligatory "go see the movie" -- and kissed Mel off.

Mel, apparently thinking the interview was over, took a swig of his coffee drink ... and called the guy an "asshole."

So we ask ...

julia

mel is ugly in both looks and personality it seems

Crystal826

I thought that was great!

Rather be an Athiest

Yaaah Mel! I don't have a prejudice bone in my body and I don't care if Mel does as long as he doesn't use it for harm. I applaud him for speaking his mind. Just keep making great movies. Now, when is Tiger coming out of hiding?

yeah....and?

Mel should be happy he is getting any kind of exposure.

After inserting his entire foot down his throat, time and time again, its clear he intends to leave it down there.

I have zero sympathy for him. Hypocrite to a fault. I have seen a lot of interviews with Mel in my day, and he a true moron, when he talks it complete verbal vomit.

Mels days are numbered, and he did it to himself, he showed his true colors to us.

Oh, and maybe it was not the time for Dean for ask that question, but, Mel should know how to respond to that question by now, and be mature about it, the man is a giant adult brat.

Dean is a class act. LOVE my WGN in the morning! Hi, Robin and Larry and lovely Paul! You rock.
I hope to see a funny clip on Dean making the big time by being on TMZ!

why?

Dudes, Mel Gipson rocks!I'd like to do him.....again

Annie

I am Jewish, have seen the "Anti-Semitic rant" and STILL agreed with Mel Gibson's assessment of his interviewer at the end of that 'interview.' Why make everyone who's watching it squirm? Is he hoping it will set him up for a promotion or a broadcasting award or something? Just ridiculous. 'Gotcha' journalism is revolting.

squeakermama

I agree that the host should have stuck with the reason for Mel's appearance but I also would have thought that someone as "seasoned" as Mel is with the Hollywood scene could have been more professional and less sarcastic. Mel it's time to knock the ole "Hollywood" block off of your shoulder and move on as well.

Old Enough

Mel is a bigot that needs to be boycotted! He should be broke by now because everyone should be avoiding anything that he works on.

Old Enough

27. "I've done all the necessary mea culpas"? He is completely lacking in any remorse for his views. I saw the other interview where he made an anti-semitic comment to the reporter because the reporter was Jewish. He's horrible and I will never support his movies. I hope many others do the same. And, for the record, I'm not Jewish.

Posted at 6:54PM on Feb 2nd 2010 by hunsister

I FULLY agree! w/ you but I AM Jewish and am tired of people thinking it's what Gibson did. I think EVERYONE should boycott anything that he's involved in therefore he wouldn't have the money to keep making more and more projects.

Old Enough

Wild Ocean, you're full of it. If it were all lies Gibson would have apologied and still be apologizing for being a bigot.

Boycott the bigot!

noRaja

I think Mel doesn't have a gripe. He's a public personality and should expect to be asked about it after hiding for 4 years. He is not Teflon. When you do something stupid its going to come back and bite you. I think the reporter asked politely and was respectful. I think Mel could have handled it better instead of like he was shocked. Like "I'm Mel Gibson. Who are you to ask me such a question?". To me its typical California type crap.

Jamaican Sam

Hollywood: Where young men turn to old women.

Turntable

HELLO MEL NEVER MADE ANY ANTISMEITC COMENT TO ANY REPORTER YOU A--HOLE1

ASKIGN SOEMOEN IF HE AHS A DOG IN HTIS FIGHT IS NOT ANTISEMITE SO GO F O YOURSELF!

HE TOLDTHE GUY HE NEVER MADE ANYHTING ANTISEMITIC, ARE OYU AN ANTISEMITE NOW BECAUSE OYU NEVER SAAID ANYHTING ANTISEMITC OT ANYONE?
I KNOW SOEM RABBIS WHO ARE OGING TO DONT LIKE IT!
AND STEVEN SPIELBERG IS ANTISEMITE TOO RIGHT?

FORM WHAT OYU SAY IT SOUDNS KLIKE
YOU GUYS ARE TOTLAY CRAZY!

MEL GIBSON NEVER MADE ANY ANTISEMITC RANT, PERIOD, READ MY POST BEFORE AND LEARN

OYUJSUT DONT UNDERSTADN ZAP, THATS THE PROBLEM.

NOPBODY WANTS TO HEAR THE TRUTH THAT HJE ÉNVER DID IT AN DTHAT IT WAS A FAKE REPORT THAT TMZ CAME WITH.

WHY OD YOU WANT MEL TO BE AN ANGTISMEITE?
IT MAKES YOU FEELBETTER ABOUT OYURSLEF+
MSUT BE CAUSE OYU ARE DEAD JEALOUS OF THE GUY AND CANT TAKE THAT HE IS SO GOOD AT EVERYTHIGN HE DOES, SO SUCCESSFULL AND PERFECT!

SHOVE IT UP YOUR END.

MEL RUELS AND WHAT HE SAID WAS OFF CAMS, BUT STILL I HTINK HE SHOUDL HAVE TOLD HIM TO HIS FACE.

ALL PEOPLE WHO HATE MEL GIBSN AND DOTN WANT TOBELEIVE THAT HE NEVER MADE ANY ANTISEMITC RANT AND NEVER CALL A COP FOR SUGAR TITS. ARE A--HOLES!

YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH YOU WANT THE BAD STUFF
AND YOU WANT IT NON STOP!

Sarah

Mel just keeps proving over and over again that he's an a$$hole of epic proportions.

This reporter was asking questions that any intelligent reporter would ask. Not all of us have a forgive and forget attitude about bigoted rantings, no matter who does it.

Dish

Hey HomeGrown WGN fan it speaks volume's that you love WGN in the morning, that show is sooooo bush league! Robin and Paul couldn't get a job anywhere else! Dean is what Mel says he is..........hee hee