'Deadliest Catch' Captain Out of Coma

2/3/2010 2:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisCaptain Phil Harris from "Deadliest Catch" woke up from a medically induced coma Tuesday, according to his sons -- and immediately started barking commands from his Anchorage hospital bed.

Jake and Josh Harris tell TMZ their dad "showed some good signs of improvement" today, including squeezing their hands.

Harris' sons -- who both work with him aboard the F/V Cornelia Marie -- say they are "encouraged but still very cautious" as Captain Phil recovers from the stroke he suffered on Friday.

One really good sign -- his sons tell us that shortly after waking up, Harris told his doctors and nurses: "Don't f**k up."

Aye, aye Captain.

NEWFOUNDLAND FISHERMAN

all the best and get will soon phil. and for the boys hang in there i know first hand whats it is like to deal with this kind of thing.I was at sea fishing when my dad passed away so be strong and thing for the best. THE NORTH ALTLANIC FISHERMAN

Sandy Beaches

Look up 'salty' in the dictionary and you'll find a picture of Phil. This guy will never retire because he can't. He's got salt water in his veins. Get well soon Phil, but please lay off the cigarettes!

LovesDeadliestCatch

Phil Get well soon! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chris X

Great news - I have been haunting every gossip site looking for this news. Get well Phil - then on your next cruise, take Paris Hilton, Jon Gossenlin, Nadia, those kids that broke into Lindey lohans house, Lindsay Lohan, and the entire cast of Jersey Shore - Use them for crew - you might not catch anything, but all of America will tune into seen them doing an honest say's work for once. aND IF YOU RUN SHORT OF BAIT - WE WON'T MISS A ONE OF THEM!

Itutton

So glad! I was just telling my husband yesterday how much I was wishing for Phil's speedy recovery. He's not out of the woods yet, but this is great news. His sons better take care of him! He has a lot of fans!

Jill

Great to hear!!!!
Phil take it easy. I know it is not in your nature but when the body tells you to give it a break, listen. The show would not be the same without you. We want you to be around. Love ya and the show.

K

We're all pulling for you Phil!

Dawn Lee

This Is great news! I laughed til I cried reading that Phil was barking orders from his bed and telling the medical staff not to F*** up. That's my Capt. Phil!! Gruff and to the point as ever!!

As for TD's comments. Phil is not perfect-nobody is! But HE IS NOT A LOSER!! If you have no vices you are a freak!! Yes Red Bull and cigarettes are not healthy. But why don't you try to do HIS JOB!!Very few people can do it. It is a high stress job. Why do you think the show is called DEADLIEST Catch!!

To Josh, Jake and the rest of the Cornelia Marie Family and friends-Hang in there and Bless you all!!!

LongJohn69

He needs a strong shot and a drag off a Lucky!

Jen

Hey, Phil and family- all my best wishes to you! In contrast to most of the vile humanity we see on these reality shows, you are truly heartwarming to watch, and I truly hope for your speedy recovery. You and your boys seem like great people, and I hope you get back in the captain's chair soon! Oh, and speaking of 'vile humanity', TD, I wonder what sort of things happened to you in your childhood to make you so filled with hate, jealousy and spite. Ask yourself why you would take such perverse joy in kicking someone while they are at death's door, and then please seek some therapy. It's hard to fathom someone being so proud of their cruelty, and I think you need some serious help. Forget Phil's cigarettes and focus on yourself. You have some real issues you need to work through.

rick

our prayers are with you...family and crew
considering where you work...this comeback
should be a cakewalk for you .God bless

rick

IrishRed

This is the best news I've heard all day - keep on fightin' Phil, we love you! Josh & Jake, take care of yourselves and make sure Dad does what he should, we feel like you're family. Somebody was watching over you Phil, you are blessed to have been at the right place at the right time when this happened. Peace & continued progress be yours. XOXOXOX to you all.

white girl

Thank God! Glad to hear thenews. I don't think I could watch the show without Phil. Hope to see you out there tracking down the "fart bubbles" soon. And Chris and TD.....go F*** yourselves

IrishRed

TD - No, Phil Harris is what a hard-working, dedicated man who loves what he does looks like. He could park his shoes in my house any day. Everyone has vices. Making stupid comments like yours makes YOU pathetic - kicking a man when he's down, yeah, you're tough.

LongJohn69, not funny.

kassandra

Glad Phil is okay. I love the show. Love you Phil.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments