'Deadliest Catch' Captain Out of Coma

2/3/2010 2:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisCaptain Phil Harris from "Deadliest Catch" woke up from a medically induced coma Tuesday, according to his sons -- and immediately started barking commands from his Anchorage hospital bed.

Jake and Josh Harris tell TMZ their dad "showed some good signs of improvement" today, including squeezing their hands.

Harris' sons -- who both work with him aboard the F/V Cornelia Marie -- say they are "encouraged but still very cautious" as Captain Phil recovers from the stroke he suffered on Friday.

One really good sign -- his sons tell us that shortly after waking up, Harris told his doctors and nurses: "Don't f**k up."

Aye, aye Captain.

Billie

Please be careful and take your time getting well.
I want you to be healthy so you can make me laugh when you loose it at sea.

ceridwen

wish he died

mark

Quit sniffing crab farts its not healthy Get well soon

MOM_IN_OHIO

Lucky him. Glad to hear he's ok.

Derrick

TD WTF!!!! your a real piece of **** bro. I really think that you have something or should I say some one coming for you. Good luck! you should think before you make a comment like that. Its pretty cool how you can find out info on someone just by their IP address :)

Linda

I had no idea that Phil died...I watched the June 22, episode when he had the stroke. The show won't be the same without him. I feel like I have lost a family member as Phil was my favorite captain. To his family, I am so sorry.

Linda