Feud Between LAPD & D.A. Deepens Over Murray

2/4/2010 5:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad MurrayScratch disagreement ... a feud has erupted over the Dr. Conrad Murray case between the LAPD and the Los Angeles County District Attorney ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

As we first reported, the LAPD was ticked that the D.A. kept top cops out of the loop on the subject of charging Dr. Conrad Murray in the death of Michael Jackson.

We told you that yesterday members of the D.A.'s Office met with the LAPD and everyone agreed that cops would take Dr. Murray into custody, book him and deliver him to the courthouse for his arraignment on involuntary manslaughter charges.

But this morning, the feud has intensified and it's now at the top levels of both the LAPD and D.A. The fight is bitter and ultimately the D.A. could do an end around the PD and just have Dr. Murray show up in court tomorrow.

One law enforcement source tells TMZ relations between the D.A. and the LAPD have "totally deteriorated" over the Murray case.

UPDATE: 2:32 PM PT. One of Dr. Murray's lawyers, Ed Chernoff, just posted on his website that he's working with the D.A. to turn his client in after the case is filed. Chernoff said, "An arrest of Dr. Murray would be a waste of money, time and resources." The LAPD begs to differ.

ric

B*tch turn off the cap lock!!!

Posted at 4:14PM on Feb 4th 2010 by ric

LOL! This one I DO agree with.....

Cathy

I hope all this fueding does not compromise the integrity of the arrest and trial. I'm afraid it will. I just have a gut and sinking feeling that Murray will not be punished at the level he deserves.

For people who claim Murray should not be punished because Michael was a drug addict and would have died anyway -- how ignorant can you get? You sure show your lack of education and intelligence with that opinion. No one can go around in this life and just do whatever they want with no regard for reason or safety. There are consequences for every action no matter WHO you are. Michael has suffered the consequences for his actions, now it's Murray's turn. There's no free pass.

Who Cares reads a wonder

Save my DAD by ric

susie

9. Happy Birthday Kira!!!! May you live a hundred years!!!

Vee

LOCK THE SUM BITCH UP ALREADY!! I'm beginning to think that no crime was committed cuz mj aint really dead!!

Laughing

How come the same people who are screaming that Murray is gonna get off when he's guilty are the same people that say Michael couldn't have been guilty cause he got off? hmmmmmmmmmm

susie

Hey Lankandiva, how are you?
I'm going crazy, trying to understand.. what's up?
Did you find "big nose" in the video?

Dahillzig

B*tch turn off the cap lock!!!

Posted at 4:14PM on Feb 4th 2010 by ric

LOL! This one I DO agree with.....

Posted at 4:16PM on Feb 4th 2010 by ric

LOL!!! Falling out of my chair at work...LOL!!!!!
We have told her several time...LOL!!!!!!

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

56. Hey Lankandiva, how are you?
I'm going crazy, trying to understand.. what's up?
Did you find "big nose" in the video?

Posted at 4:33PM on Feb 4th 2010 by susie

Want to find big nose, look in the mirror!

astabasta

ric

Posted at 4:33PM on Feb 4th 2010 by susie

Want to find big nose, look in the mirror!

Posted at 4:35PM on Feb 4th 2010 by ric

Susie non ero io. È qualcuno che finge di essere me,

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

16. I hope the D.A. will charge him for 2nd degree. Just look at that long list of drugs he gave MJ, and then left him alone for whatever reasons. Wonder if the differences between LAPD & the DA has something to do with what charge - manslaughter or 2nd degree. The latter charge should suffice.

Posted at 3:42PM on Feb 4th 2010 by Daphne Lorincz

They are not going to charge him with second degree murder. He should not be charged at all! Michael begged for the drugs! And use some common sense, MURRAY got rid of the pedophile!!!

iza

LOL!!! Falling out of my chair at work...LOL!!!!!
We have told her several time...LOL!!!!!!

Posted at 4:37PM on Feb 4th 2010 by Dahillzig

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/04/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-lapd-feud-district-attorney/4#comments#ixzz0ebd1h0y1

Boring job? NOT THAT FUNNY

moni

62. Excuse me, but aren´t LAPD and the Los Angeles County District Attorney being a tad childish about this? Is this a common situation?

Posted at 4:37PM on Feb 4th 2010 by astabasta

I underline each word of your post. Yes, childish! And I bet Murray's lawyers laugh up their sleeve.

mjlover

I will never forget this event. Dr. Murray seems to be getting off a little easy with involuntary manslaughter. What about premeditated?? It would be a stiffer sentence for him. I really hope from the bottom of my heart that he will be charged either way. The LAPD knows exactly what they are doing period.