Tension Between LAPD and D.A. in Jackson Case

2/4/2010 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

LAPD officials feel slighted by the Los Angeles County District Attorney in the Michael Jackson case, and the cops made their point clear in a secret meeting yesterday .... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

LAPD and D.A. in Michael Jackson Case

Sources say there was a "high level meeting" yesterday between officials from both departments. The D.A. had kept the LAPD in the dark over the arrest and prosecution of Dr. Conrad Murray. In fact, until yesterday the LAPD was not informed of any plan for the arrest or surrender of Murray on involuntary manslaughter charges.

We reported earlier in the week that lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray had been in touch with the D.A. and planned to drive the doctor themselves to the courthouse where he would be arraigned. That plan would have completely excluded the LAPD from the process.

The D.A.'s plan was especially maddening for the LAPD because detectives in the Robbery Homicide Division had spent months putting the complicated case together. Inside sources say it's one of the best, most thorough investigations the LAPD has conducted in years.

The upshot of yesterday's meeting -- the D.A. and LAPD made a plan -- the LAPD will place Dr. Murray under arrest on Friday morning, handcuff and book him, then take him to court at 1:30 where he will be arraigned.

They were in it for the money

So, they are going to give the public what they want? To see the Dr. cuffed and brought in like the dog he is? Good. I thought that was normal procedure. they did it to Spector, they did it to OJ, and so many others.
I'm not too swift about bail and bond, etc. Anyone know-is it true with a bond, you have to pay the entire amount, in this case $25,000, but if it is bail of $25,000 you can pay 10% to a bailbonds person. I think we'd all like to know where he is getting all this money. Can't be just some person from Texas. This whole thing stinks to high heaven-always has, always will.

Greg

So none of you geniuses recall in the news that the first kid to bring allegations on MJ admitted that he lied and that the "incident" you're referring to never happened?
It was posted on TMZ, in fact, so that either means the "Mike deserves to rot in hell for raping kids" crowd has a selective memory, doesn't do their research, or you're just idiots.
I tend to think "all of the above."
What about the second case, you're asking? The second case, the mother was a crack head, the case was dismissed and she was up on a number of unrelated fraud charges.
So the fact is, there has never been an instance when anyone of any credibility made any claims of MJ doing anything sexual with them.
None....
Don't believe me? Try looking it up yourself for once.
And.... who's the bigger conspiracy nut, the "tin foil hate crowd" you're mocking, or nitwits like you who are laughing like idiots about sh!t you don't even know anything about?
Sure MJ looked different, and he had a life that didn't involve sipping Coors Light in the trailer park, but the fact is most Chesters have beer bellies and live in your backyard.
And, AGAIN, MJ was CLEARED.... it just happened after he died, which I think is the biggest tragedy.
I think the kid should be brought up on charges, personally, but it's enough that he at least admitted that he ruined the man's life because his father "pressured him into it."
Again, do your research..... look it up.... Idiots.
God, I hate stupid people....

Linda Lovelest

* The DAs office probably kept the LAPD uninformed because they are well aware, as is the world, how corrupt the LAPD can be.

Brian

RIP KING MICHEAL. GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS MOST SUCCESSFUL ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME.

mspaap2u

WHEN HAS THE DA AND POLICE EVER ARGUED OVER WHO DRIVES A PERSON CHARGED WITH A CRIME TO JAIL? ITS ALL FAKE! MILLIONS OF PEOPLE BELIEVE LAPD HATED MICHAEL JACKSON FOR HELPING EXPOSE THEM FOR ATTEMPTING TO LOCK HIM UP ON PROVEN FALSE CHARGES AND THE WAY HE SAID THEY PHYSICALLY MANHANDLED HIM. THIS IS PATHETIC! FIRST THEY TAKE SEVEN MONTHS TO CHARGE THE DOCTOR WITH THE LESSER OF ALL CHARGES POSSIBLE IN A CASE LIKE THIS ONE, THEN THEY ARGUE OVER WHO GIVES HIM A LIMO RIDE TO JAIL! WHY DON'T THEY JUST LET THE MAN GO BECAUSE IN THE OPINION OF MILLIONS THEY AREN'T SERIOUS ABOUT PROSECTUTING HIM ANYWAY. MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD AND NOT ABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF ANYWAY. THANK GOD THERE IS A GOD WHO IS LOVING BECAUSE MANS INHUMANITY TO MAN SCARES THE HELL OUT OF ME. THERE IS NOT JUSTICE IN THIS CASE! I PRAY MICHAELS FAMILY DO WHAT EVER THEY CAN TO GET THIS DA REMOVED AND THESE CHARGES RE-EVALUATED BECAUSE I'M SURE THERE IS A STATUE ABOUT A DA FAILURE TO THOROUGHLLY PROSECUTE A CASE AGAINST A CITIZEN. GEESH!
TMZ WHY ARE SHOWING THIS PATHETIC LOOKING PICTURE OF THIS PROUD MAN? ITS NOT LIKE THE LAPD OR THE DA WILL CARES ABOUT HIM ANYWAY.
PEOPLE SHOW SOME RESPECT (IF ITS POSSIBLE)!

A.B.

Yes, of course there must be handcuffs, or the police will not feel satisfied. I am not saying Murray doesn't deserve it - he deserves jail - but I hate those childish macho rituals, and I can't forget the awful image of Michael in handcuffs.

astabasta

Hello astabasta and others!
You know what this picture of Michael reminded me of? Jesus hanging on the cross and looking up in despair like you see on paintings and in movies.

Posted at 10:32AM on Feb 4th 2010 by Irene

Oh astabasta I think TMZ might have actually meant well with this one. I think they used this one as if to say MJ would find both the LAPD & D.A.'s office sort of like the 'keystone kops' or something. Like he's making fun of the whole thing for becoming like a 'circus' BEFORE it's even begun. I know TMZ uses some whacked out pics but it's definitely obvious(lately anyway) that someone in their office has gotten the message with all our complaints about the MJ pics. There is 'improvement' in that area I think. Yeah, it's sure been sloooooooowwwww but definitely SOME improvement. I just took THIS particular pic to have been used in a tongue-in-cheek manner. As I posted above, it's almost like you can actually HEAR MJ's thoughts on the whole matter with his sweet, ever-patient words & tone of voice.....:)

Posted at 10:37AM on Feb 4th 2010 by janalal4

Hadn´t thought about it that way - you are both right. When everyone stops complaining about the photos, I start! LOLOLOLOL

thairiny

I do not know why all this confusion, for me not going to arrest, conviction and the worst, there is a dead man in this story, the truth must be coming, thank God

NATHAN

hope they don't forget to read him his miranda rights

Linda Lovelest

* rofl...yeah - for sure....Michael Jackson was Godlike and Jesuslike....roflmfao....

myra

i agree with vericona she hit the nail on the head. I feel that the doctor deserve more then manslaugter for the simple fact that he admitted of giving these drugs to Michael and then leaving the room. According to his phone records he was gone from the room awhile. To me that tells me that he didn't give a sh** what was going on with his paient all he cared about is making phone calls to his gf and others. Sounds fishy to me. So where is he getting all of this money to pay for his attorney's? Figure it out I think there are others involved I will believe that till the day I die.

Best Mom

How sad it is for Michael and his family to still listen to these "jerks" who think he molested children -- where is your brain? Oh, that's right - YOU DON'T HAVE ONE! Get your facts right before trashing Michael -- just remember, people who live in glass houses.................... Justice for Michael -- NOW! LAPD and DA's office - put your ego's aside and get this thing done!

Cathy

Hope Murray gets the maximum - 4 years in prison. Maybe then, other celebrity doctors (and doctors in general) will think twice before giving patients anything they ask for just because they have money and influence. Maybe then we'll begin to see a more ethical breed of people going into this field.

Like Michael's family, I wish Murray would be charged with 2nd degree murder, but I'm assuming it's manslaughter because the D.A. feels that is all they can prove in a court of law. Better 4 years in prison than none. Crossing my fingers that the punishment fits the crime here. The man should be arrested and imprisoned for utter stupidity alone.

Marcus

All I ever do here is scroll past one MJ post after another.When does it end?Maybe it's time to get a new pet project Harvey.Hopefully one that your viewers give a rats behind about.

Ivonne

Justice for Michael Jackson. Murray has to go to prison for a very long time. Doc Murray makes his patients die, he does not heal them. Murray may never again work as a doctor. Michael, we miss you. Justice for Michael and for his children. God protect his children.
Greetings from Germany.