Michael Jackson Estate to Joe: No, No, No

2/4/2010 7:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lawyers for Michael Jackson's estate have filed legal papers opposing Joe Jackson's attempt to get his son's UCLA medical records -- records Joe wants in order to file a wrongful death lawsuit.

Michael Jackson and Joe Jackson

Estate lawyers say there are three reasons why Joe is not entitled to medical records.

1. Joe was not a dependent of Michael Jackson and therefore not legally entitled to sue for the wrongful death of his son.

2. Joe has filed his request for medical records in connection with his attempt to get an allowance from the estate, and an allowance has nothing to do with wrongful death.

3. There is a physician-patient privilege that bars Joe from getting the medical records.

Em

I'm not a big fan of Joe Jackson but I bounce back and forth between thinking Joe's just out for money ... and then I think, dang, Michael was his son and despite the animosity between them, they had each other's back when times were rough. We all know there are just too many unanswered questions about Michael Jackson's death - we'll likely never know exactly what happened at the house with Conrad Murray, however, if the hospital medical records are complete and thorough, they could be enlightening and tell a story that I believe the Jackson's have a right to. In my eyes, whether or not Michael was an addict or not, whether or not he asked for the drugs or not, Michael Jackson was the victim of negligence and more than the weak charge of involuntary manslaughter. And, really, what have the lawyers got to lose by old Joe looking at the records; why are they so opposed to the idea?

tcidda

GO GO GO AWAY JOE.Your son didn't want you to be any part of it so shut up and get out of the way.

Diane

Joe is an abusive, gravedigging golddigger and the whole thing stinks to high heaven. Someone should drop a lawsuit on HIM! Or a house (cheaper and faster).

pia

Tell,

I fell hard to and then started digging and I think I say with a Open Mind that many will be surprised. As far as clues there are right in front of everyone including Joe smiling back at Larry that day. Nothing has grabbed my attention like all of this.

Who Cares reads a wonder

Joe did you ever visit the HOLMBY HOUSE Please tell the Jury MR JACKSON.

Linda Lovelest

* That's why at the BETS only 5-6? days after the "death" Joe just acted like nothing had happened..."how is the family?"..."oh we're fine..just doing fine" and was preoccupied with looking at the crowd on the red carpet while saying that...like the interviewer was some sort of disruption! Then when on to promote his Bluray pimping new record label...His reactions for months...on several interviews took on the effect of....death?...what death?...attitude.

Joe is attempting to pull some wool over some sheep's eyes....with the help of "friends". He has always been a poor liar/actor...but a genuine fool and idiot. Now making a pimping beating money making world renowned circus out of his sons lives and talent?...that he was good at. Even great at.

Who Cares reads a wonder

Mr Jackson did you ever see Dr CONRAD Murray at THE REDROCK CASINO.

Loulou

Susie darling,I hope your child doesn't get murdered and you are told you have no rights to know what killed her/him. I don't care how evil a parent is,if his/her child dies from unusual circunstances,the parents have the right to know. Don't confuse your feelings about the man (right or wrong) with his rights.Someone is trying to cover the murderer's azz,but who and why? How much are they being paid to keep that information from the father? The people behind the murder have their tentacles everywhere.No wonder the case is taking such a long time...they are covering their fu@king azzes.

nan

access hollywood just said conrad murray visited mj grave yesterday..how could that be .dont you have to have permission to visit from the family

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

Murray has NOT even been charged yet and Joes first priority is MONEY!! I am SORRY but if this was my son I would be MORE interested in Dr. Murray getting charged then I would about money! Is it just me????

Della

This is all just better than reality tv

Who Cares reads a wonder

Mr JACKSON:Please tell the court "WHO IS YOUR DOCTOR"

pia

I will give all of you something to do or say, some can pull if off some can not.

Darlene

Thats all Joe ever wanted from MJ, his MONEY!!!! He is such a jerk!!!

Who Cares reads a wonder

Mr Jackson: Please tell the court,"WHO IS THE DOCTOR for your WIFE"