Wayne Newton's Plane -- $700,000 Down the Drain

2/4/2010 5:17 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wayne Newton's Plane -- $700,000 Down the DrainWayne Newton claims he was ripped off by the people he hired to fix his private jet -- claiming he blew more than $700,000 in repairs and the damn thing still doesn't work.

Newton is reportedly under fire for allegedly abandoning the jet in a hangar at the Oakland County International Airport in Michigan nearly three years ago -- the hangar claims Wayne owes more than $60,000 in storage fees.

But TMZ spoke with Newton's rep who told us Wayne is the real victim here -- because he's spent "more than $700,000 to get the plane fixed and it's still not fixed."

The rep tells us Wayne is exploring his legal options -- but it's unclear who Newton is looking to sue.

Danke Schoen.

Chris Dahl

I have photos of his plane being delivered to his Las Vegas home in pieces.

Nancy Capriglione

I love Wayne Newton and hate to see him in any kind of trouble.Would like to know what he's up to? Luv him!!!!!!!!!!

Jeb

Sad to see this but it seems all too common. Newton entertained millions and millions. I saw him, with his brother, at the Hollywood Bowl in 1967. He was there with Simon and Garfunkle, He stole the show!

steve

Wayne is a class act and has done more for US troops than many others. I think the guys a man"s man and i really don't know him, but he in my eyes is an American Icon and straight up person.

So what it's a plane dispute, it's just a plane and not a measure of a man.

Linda

Wayne has lost his voice -- like Frank Sinatra did, and NOBODY dares to tell him! I last saw him at the DWTS road show here in a Atlanta a few years ago! Marie Osmond was taking over for him -- not a moment too soon! He had NO voice, and talked thru the few 'songs' he did! It was embarrassing and everyone felt uncomfy FOR him! He is NOT the entertainer he used to be! He IS a showman, but with no voice to back him up, it's time to 'call it a day', Wayne! He's five months younger than me, so I'm NOT picking on a senior!! But I admit I can't sing! Apparently, he hasn't listened to himself!

As far as his plane, WHO would spend $700K fixing a plane? He should have junked it and bought another one! People like Wayne are victims because they ALLOW it! He has nobody to sue, but those who advised him to keep tossing good money after bad!

carol

I have no feelings either way about Wayne Newton. However I DO feel that he should do the right thing with the bills on the jet. If he cant make the payment all in one lump sum, then make payments on it. But Mr Newton with his many millions is supposed to be an example to those of us of lesser lifestyle, so I think he should pay up and get it over with. It is not like he doesnt have the fund to do it.

james

fly commercial wayne

doug

wow such nasty comments, i personally met mr newton after a show at chautauqua institute, i took some photos with him of him and his fans for them, he then had his wife take a couple of photos of me and him, he was the most down to earth celeberty i met, put yourselves in his shoes, you have never been ripped off on a car repair, mr newton deserves to be treated a lot better than these comments

Nancy Capriglione

I think that Wayne Newton is the BEST!!!!! He has always put on a great show and he involves his fans so much during his performance. I never got to see Elvis in person so I swore that I would go to as many of Wayne's performances as possible - and I HAVE!!!!!!!! I have not been able to see him in a while because my husband lost his job about 4 years ago so we have'nt had the money to travel. I can't wait for the day that I can see him again, even if it's just to meet with him. Good luck, Wayne!!!!!! The museum is a great idea. Hopefully by the time it is built, our situation will be different and we can go see it. It would be like a dream come true!!!!! He is a beautiful man with a beautiful personality and a beautiful wife and family. I just adore him!!!!!

Nancy Capriglione

Why don't you people give it up and Leave Wayne Newton alone!!!! He is a superb entertainer and a wonderful and beautiful person!!!!!!! Sounds like you're all jealous to me!!!! GO WAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3