Jackson's Dad Wants to Sue Over Death Photos

2/5/2010 8:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonJoe Jackson has just filed legal docs asking a court to acknowledge Michael Jackson's family has a right to sue news outlets that published photos of Michael Jackson dead.

Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, filed papers with the court in the Michael Jackson estate case, claiming there is legal precedent for a family suing for invasion of privacy when such photos are published.

Although the legal docs don't state which photos he intends to sue over, "Entertainment Tonight" aired a photo of Jackson -- whom paramedics believed was already dead -- as he was taken into an ambulance from his home.

Oxman is trying to get the estate court judge to allow him access to medical records as a prelude for filing such a case.

Mayhem

WOW JOE JACKSON = RELENTLESS!!!!!! bet he is going to sue the new "WE ARE WORLD" producer next :) how much ya got on that ;)

Janice Wemyss

Wow!! Really? Is this for real? Will he be compensated for that? Knowing it was a very publicized funeral. And knowing that by now, we all know Micheal had a very very serious drug addiction. I'm sitting here shaking my head. Trying to figure out what this is worth, and to WHO. If I could say 1 thing to Joe Jackson, I would say this, "Mr. Jackson: LET MICHAEL REST IN PEACE. HIS CHILDREN WILL AND CAN SPEAK FOR HIM. THEY HAVE SO FAR PROVEN THAT IN THEIR BRIEF APPEARANCES I HAVE SAW.

juniper

careful joe you might reincarnate as a news flash yourself

Scroomy

He will be dead before the end of the year. Sorry but this one sad excuse of a messed up fame whore of a father. He did nothing but abuse his kids. FAME FAME FAME is all he wanted. No wonder Michael was so messed up!!!!!

Emma

Is Joe going to keep throwing lawsuits at the wall until one sticks?

They were in it for the money

This won't work either, Joe!
When a person is in the public eye, there are no rules that says you can't own or have possesion or print any photograph with in reason. The media has a right.
The man is grabbing at straws to get his hands on money, for goodness sake, give it up, Joe!
This whole thing is starting to p me off again. Why dont he go and force someone to arrest Murray. Killed his child.

Durelle

First of all, in response to Pearl, I was a former paramedic and when someone has no access to other veins we either use the forehead or the neck.

Joe, you need to shut the F*** up and stop trying to get your grubby child beating hands away from Michaels money. Michael said on the air that he hated you for what you had done for him. That's why he cut you out of his will. You should be ashamed of yourself. You only want Michaels money so you can continue your philandering ways. Bast**d!

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

9. MJ LOVED THE WORLD WITH ALL HIS HEART, it was an UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and he really wanted to HEAL IT, STOP WARS and DESTRUCTION and have people find a common ground IN LOVE and GOODNESS and SHARING !

He was a great man.

People he cared for abused his trust & deceived him, his father abused him verbally and physically; and, worst of all the media/press raped and stripped him of his dignity publicly and hounded him mercilessly.

And through it all he SMILED!

I wonder how many of us would withstand the same introspection into our lives and how we would handle the pain. Before we cast stones at MJ, we should imagine ourselves in his life and ask ourselves how would we manage it?

Only THOSE WITH NO SIN CAN JUDGE him, not us.

Michael, you were too good for this world, for the people here, for the decadence of the community around us. You are finally up with the angels, where you belong, may you RIP ! We will do our best to CARRY ON YOUR LOVE and SELFLESSNESS and teach it to our little ones.

Posted at 6:38PM on Feb 5th 2010 by ADRIANA

I wish I HAD A DOLLAR for every time I have seen this exact same post!!! F@ck in 7 months she can not think of anything else to write???WTF?????

nan

joe needs to get a hobby .oxman is a dunce

POWER TO THE WHITE PEOPLE

Posted at 6:38PM on Feb 5th 2010 by ADRIANA

Posted at 6:50PM on Feb 5th 2010 by Rerun

I agree with you on this. Same thing over and over again.

whatev

go get 'em Joe.
I think you have a right to sue and to see the medical records.

iFart

Wow, this man never ceases to amaze me. Now he's really getting desperate. Shouldn't he be mourning his son and making sure Murray gets arrested, rather than scheming with his lawyer about ways to get MJ's money?

POWER TO THE WHITE PEOPLE

17. Here is the photo they are talking about.

Posted at 6:45PM on Feb 5th 2010 by the grasshopper

Thanks Hopper for the picture.

that.is.all

FK JOE IN HIS BUTT. HE RUINED MJ.