« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Warren Sapp

Arrested for

Domestic Battery

2/6/2010 8:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_warren_sapp_mugFormer NFL star Warren Sapp was arrested by Miami Beach police this afternoon and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery stemming from an allegedly violent confrontation with his girlfriend.

According to the Miami Beach Police Department, Sapp is accused of attacking his girlfriend of two years at around 5:00 AM Saturday at the Shore Club Hotel.

According to the arrest report, the alleged victim had "a swollen right knee and bruises on the back of her neck."

She claims Sapp allowed her to sleep in his hotel room -- then came into the room early in the morning and pulled her out of bed. The alleged victim says they began arguing about guys she was hanging out with earlier Friday night.

Sapp's girlfriend told cops that during the argument Sapp "grabbed her and began to choke her." He eventually threw her out of the room, she claims.

When cops spoke to Sapp, he told them he had allowed the woman to stay in his room -- but later on decided he wanted her to leave because "he was expecting company." He told police he was trying to help her and she fell.

Sapp is in Miami for the Super Bowl and serves as an analyst for the NFL Network and on Showtime's "Inside the NFL."

The NFL Network released a statement saying they were aware of the incident and that Sapp will not appear on the NFL Network until they review the matter.

Sapp is scheduled to co-host an event at BED Miami tonight. They tell us they haven't heard about the incident and, as of now, everything is still a go. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RockDoc

She fell down? Please, don't insult our intelligence.
I hope this is the end of Sapp's short-lived broadcasting career. He sucked. I also will never forget what he did to Jerry Rice. What a low class act. I pray he does not get elected to the Hall of Fame.

Bernard

He's a SAPP alright!

Bernard

What's he do, punch his SAPP sucker. . . ?!?!?!

jen

why am I not surprised

Vonn

Warren Sapp used to work for Showtime. Sooooo long Warren, well soooo long Warren.

Kathy

I heard he was a total A$$ on Dancing with the Stars! Needs to learn to behave!!

Jessica

what a surprise ; )

Rob

Warren Sapp has always been a nice, out-going, gregarious gentleman. I don't believe these accussations at all.

juniper

when will women learn not not cross their wires with their husbands

UGH

DON'T THESE OVERPAID NITWIT'S GET IT? DUDE'S YOU ARE FAR FROM BEING INFALLIABLE AND CAN BE CANNED OR REPLACED ?
YOUR NFL STATUS HAS NO BEARING TO BEING ABOVE THE LAW.
SOOOOOO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSE'S OR NASTY PRISON CELL ???
DUMBASSE'S !!!

Nancy

Don't believe it. I just don't believe it.

Whatever

I'm not surprised..

KO

WHAT I MISS?

Tom

Two days ago when Sapp was asked on PTI, "Would you ever get into MMA like Hershell Walker"? Sapp replied....

"No, I've taken my claws out." "I'm a teddy bear now."

NickSunset

He has a weird personality I think there is a coke bust in his future.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments