Med Board Goes After Murray with a Vengeance

2/8/2010 8:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray is a "danger to the public" -- according to the medical board that licensed him to practice medicine in California.

Medical Board docs: Click to launch

According to documents filed with the court, the Medical Board of California believes Murray showed, "utter disregard for the care and well-being of the persons entrusted to his care" -- namely, Michael Jackson.

The Board wants the judge to step in because it takes the Medical Board a long time to yank a doctor's license.

In the end, the judge ordered Dr. Murray not to administer anesthetics, including Propofol.

The judge will hear the Medical Board's request to suspend Dr. Murray's license as a bail condition in a few weeks.

janalal4

54. janalal4, i know nancy can be pretty bad about her words concerning michael, but i do think she does an awesome job for the missing children she covers by keeping them in view so they may be found. she has never been to much of a fan over michael but she does believe that he was killed and that he didnt deserve that, no matter her past feelings of mj through the molestation trial. oh yeah!!! joe jackson is going to be on lkl tonight at 9pm, i just wonder what he has to share with the public? i can only imagine.sue from tampa

Posted at 8:21PM on Feb 8th 2010 by sue

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/4#c25342729#ixzz0ezx1hnav

Yeah, Nancy can be harsh to say the least & preachy but I think she knows the law & I trust her judgement but think she can be 'overzealous'-lol! I think she's right in this case tho. Yes, every time I hear of Joe being on ANY SHOW, I absolutely shudder! Lord, what will come out of his mouth next?? hehe

sue

janalal4

56. * Michael Jackson zeroed in on people with financial difficulties when it came to aspects of his life that he wanted shielded from public scrutiny. People who were a means to hidden motives. He hobknobbed the rich and famous and the charitable sick in public....and took advantage of the weak and financially less advantaged in private.

He was a master manipulator. Of good and evil.

JMO....just my opinion.

Posted at 8:13PM on Feb 8th 2010 by Tellitlikeitis

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/4#comments#ixzz0ezyG1uAJ

Right. Sounds like an 'addict' doing what an addict does to get what he thinks he needs to me. It's what they do before they get treatment. Let's not make it sound like MJ was terminally 'character flawed'. Seems there are quite a number of people that could use a bit of education when it comes to addiction on this board and I am not just pointing my finger at you alone Tellit. I'm talking about society in general.

time

My car breaks were worn. I took it to the mechanic and he told me he could fix it. Said he had a license. Showed me the license and I agreed to have the car fixed. The mechanic put the breaks on backward which caused the car's front end to collapse. Whose fault was it? The mechanic was a liar; he did not know how to put on the breaks properly because that was not in his area of training and did not specialize in break repairs. Other mechanics had repaired the breaks before on the car but they knew what they were doing.

If I were on the jury I would find Murray guilty. Why does this man have patients in different states at the same time? Can he really be an effective doctor with his practice so spread out? He spreads himself quite thin; doesn't he? Lacks focus. Bad doctor for anyone; not just MJ.

Darlene

FINALLY!!!!!!!! Justice will prevail!!!!

janalal4

71. janalal4, i bet nancy made a great prosecuter she is tough as nails , i bet if she had been the prosecuter today murray would be sitting in the philipino prison learning jacksons moves as we speak!!!!LOL. she is absolutly right with her higher offense method. time will tell and hopefully he will be a broken soul by the time he goes to trial, if that happens at all!!! although he will always be the man that killed michael jackson and that alone will haunt him forever!!! sue from tampa

Posted at 8:35PM on Feb 8th 2010 by sue

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/5#c25343036#ixzz0ezzEbRsm

"phillipino prison...." LOL!! Yeah, if 'I' were facing ol' Nancy, I'd be shaking in my shoes! I bet she could give you a 'look' across the courtroom & scare you to death! Tough ol' broad!

Wombat

MJ went to ridiculous lengths to get fraudulent prescriptions...everywhere.

Doctor Murray plays a VERY small part in this. Any doctor there that night would have been a quack incapable of doing the job properly...because that is what MJ wanted. No, he did not want to die...but he wanted a doctor who would say yes to whatever he wanted.

Do any of you doubt that if Murray had died the day before in a car crash, that MJ would not have replaced him with an equally incompetant person? Someone who he could pull the strings of?

Do you think Mj said "I can't sleep" and Murray said "Well, how about I pump you with Propofol which I'm not all that familiar with and for which I do not have the right equipment to properly and safely administer?" ...or is it more likely that MJ -having already had propofol from other doctors- said "You're my personal doctor who I'm paying $150,000 a month to, I want you to get me propofol and give it to me at night...right here...in a way no one else will know about. If you say "no", I will understand...but I will have to replace you."

I'm not saying Murray should get off. He should lose his license forever, get charged for negligence, given a fine and a suspended sentence...but people are screaming for this guys blood, they want to literally ruin the rest of his life, send him to jail for murder and throw away the key.

The blame for MJ's death belongs on MJ. Blame for being a greedy doctor and a quack belongs on Murray. If Murray had said "hell, no" do any one of you doubt that he would have been tossed out and the next quack wheeled in? That's why i say that Murray played a small part in MJ's death...because it was going to happen that night or another night in the near future with or without him.

Wouldn't someone with MJ's money (and medical quirks/problems)dig deep into the background of anyone who was going to be so close and so important to him? If for no other reason than to assure the person was discreet and above reproach? Do any of you possibly believe that Dr. Murray would have green lighted if that had even remotely happened? MJ got exactly what he wanted in Dr. Murray, a quack that could be bought...he just never counted on this...or maybe he thought it could happen and just did not care what with all the pressure on him.

I think what happened that night is that a desperate, incompetant doctor did his best to please his master and a bad accident happened that neither of them considered possible.

And for that Murray should not be able to practice medicine ever again. But jail? No.

sue

tellit, that must have been why he received so many awards!!! he kept everything so private as you put it, i am not sure how anyone would know all of his good works then if he were so private??A MASTER MANIPULATOR??????? COME ON YOU DONT BELEIVE THAT FOR A SECOND DO YOU? HE WAS THE ONE BEING MANIPULATED BY EVERYONE!!!sue from tampa

For Sure

Posted at 8:13PM on Feb 8th 2010 by Tellitlikeitis

The first part "he hobnobbed with the rich and famous"...
I totally agree but the 2nd part I don't ....

He hung out with Mac for a long time....and alot of stars kids...and right up until he died he was still friends with the family from NJ and they are "not Poor" ...Matter of fact those are the two boys he went on vacation with that caused the problem with him and LMP...You only heard about the couple of poor ones ..Because they wanted money!
Just MO though

janalal4

76. No janalal4, the patient should not dictate to the doctor...but let's be real here...we all know that is exactly what was going to happen in this case.

MJ went to ridiculous lengths to get fraudulent prescriptions...everywhere.

Posted at 8:43PM on Feb 8th 2010 by Wombat

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/6#comments#ixzz0f00Vyoyt

I think I'm being very 'REAL' when I say that NO PATIENT SHOULD EVER DICTATE TO A PHYSICIAN WHAT THAT PHYSICIAN WILL OR WILL NOT DO NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY IS WAVED IN FRONT OF THEIR NOSE! The 'greater culpability' here lies with the physician. Period. It doesn't matter what MJ were to ASK MURRAY TO DO. Murray chose to do it. If the physician were loyal to the oath he took & WORTHY TO BE A PHYSICIAN then he would say to MJ "Mr. Jackson, I will not give you that medication because it would endanger your life and if you feel the need to replace me as your personal physician then that is what you will have to do". There ARE ethics involved here. They are NOT flexible based on how much money a patient is willing to pay for their services. That IS how it works in the medical community. It's not just the 'ideal', it is how every physician is obliged to act. Every physician I have ever known as a nurse abides by these as far as I know & can say that judging by their conversations overheard at the nurses station, they would have said exactly this to Michael Jackson.

He deserves jail for violating these ethics AND to send the greater message that this type of 'concierge' medicine has to end.

MJFAN

Of course he isnt the only one that prescribes to the rich!!! but we arent talking about the other doctors...this topic is about Conrad! Conrad needs to be sent to jail and pay for his consequences and definitely needs to get his license revoked so he doesnt do this to someone else....IT is all about greed and this is very sad...no love for human life, it is just all about the money.

RIP MJ! We love you and will never forget you!

Posted at 8:03PM on Feb 8th 2010 by MJFAN

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/3#c25341938#ixzz0ezt2lcga

Ohhh, sorry okay no one else matters - every doctor needs to pay and I'm sorry I liked MJ but PLEASE, you missed my point of the whole - who are my kids supposed to look up to? A drug addicted superstar??? He demanded the drugs so in my book he was just as at fault as the doc...JUST BECAUSE HE MADE GREA MUSIC DOESNT MAKE HIM A GOD.
Posted at 8:21PM on Feb 8th 2010 by lab444

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/08/dr-conrad-murray-medical-board-california-michael-jackson/5#comments#ixzz0f04asM4y

I never said he was or is a GOD...He isnt a God...I dont compare him to God..No one can compare to God. But i think we all have issues some more than others...if you want your kids to look up to someone that should be God...cant control what others do...

janalal4

Oh boy, 'the catfish' is on LKL carrying on about the big 'conspiracy', Murray's just the tip of the iceberg...blah,blah. LOL! That's right Joe, cause Lord knows Murray doesn't have enough to be gained in a civil suit so lets set up the scenario to go after the deep pockets! There reason he's NOT in the will becomes more clear every day.

slbryant

This doctor was under intense financial pressure and the huge amount of money he was being offered must have seemed like a godsend. But, far from it, as we now know. He was so compromised in his personal and professional life that he agreed to do this and he was not qualifed at all. If MJ had poor judgement in not listening to the warnings he got about trying to solve his insomnia this way, Murray could have averted this tragedy by saying NO and walking away. But, both men were so desparate for relief, they each caved in under the pressure. Dr. Murray will lose a great deal, but he must be held accountable for his error in judgement. Our beloved Michael paid for his error with his life. God have mercy on us all.

janalal4

Good night guys! What a day, huh? Going to listen to Joe 'spin his fairy tale' on LKL :)

Ah, oh...Larry's already booted him off! LOL! Enough of THAT I guess he said.

david

It is obvious that many comments here are borne out of gross ignorance, extreme angst, and lack of compassion.
In the US, once a medical board yanks your license, you are all but done for. You may never practice again. That means the years you spent in medical school and residency training are down the tubes. It is like giving a doctor a death sentence. The least that the judge could do is at least follow the processes, and be sure to keep emotion out of it.
Dr Murray must be going through a seriously trying time right now. I am sure he never expected that MJ would die as a result of the drug he prescribed.
While Dr Murray deserves a good measure of blame, MJ was not innocent either. Dr. Murray did not go around routinely giving propofol to all his patients. MJ must have demanded or even pressurized the man to give him this medicine before the doctor, going against his better judgement, obliged. I only wished he had sought the advice of some of his colleagues. It is likely they would have advised him against this.
I hope both Dr Murray and the family of MJ find closure to this distressing situation.