Med Board Goes After Murray with a Vengeance

2/8/2010 8:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray is a "danger to the public" -- according to the medical board that licensed him to practice medicine in California.

Medical Board docs: Click to launch

According to documents filed with the court, the Medical Board of California believes Murray showed, "utter disregard for the care and well-being of the persons entrusted to his care" -- namely, Michael Jackson.

The Board wants the judge to step in because it takes the Medical Board a long time to yank a doctor's license.

In the end, the judge ordered Dr. Murray not to administer anesthetics, including Propofol.

The judge will hear the Medical Board's request to suspend Dr. Murray's license as a bail condition in a few weeks.

lankandiva

@Hi Tellitlikeitis,Della,

I found another interesting pianogames video...now why was a book published on june 24th 2009 about Michael Jacksons death?he was meant to have died on june 25th 2009,so many LIES...roflmfao...WOW..enjoy:)

Anon

This is a no-brainer. Murray had no business doing what he did and was motivated solely by money.

Wombat

janalal4, I think if we are honest we can admit that a large number of doctors do not follow these ideals you mention. I think it is safe to say that Dr. Murray is one of those...and I think it is also safe to say that MJ knew EXACTLY what he was getting in Dr. Murray...someone who could be bought. I'll say it again, it did not matter what doctor was there that night because it would have been a quack incapable of doing the job right and incapable of saying "no" to MJ's wants. Any doctor who was not a quack would have said no to the offer of employment by MJ given the problems he was having from all corners, or would have quit as soon as these requests were made. I have no doubt they looked at Murray's background and knew they had the right person to approach for the job and the unethical treatments.

If it did not matter which doctor was there, then the death has to be placed on MJ because he purposely went out of his way to insure he got a doctor who would say yes.

Doctors...lol. At the hospital nearby an employee with a history of sinus infections went in with a real bad headache behind her eyes. Gave the doctors her past history and they kept her there for 11 hours running tests including a cat scan...just to tell her at the end that she had a sinus infection.

Another employee went to this same hospital with a major headache and blurry vision and was examined and sent home. he was told to take some aspirin and get some rest because he had a migraine. The next day the symptoms were worse so he went to his own doctor...within 10 minutes he had him rushed to the hospital having seen in a simple examination that the veins supplying blood to his eyes had collapsed due to a diabetic complication. He lost the sight in one eye and partial loss in the other.

My mother went to her doctor and was told she had cancer in her lungs. So her doctor began to treat her. He was a general practice doctor and neither my mother, sister or myself had ever heard of an oncologist. By the time we did learn what one was, she was to far gone and we were too broke to get help from the oncologist which was suggested to us as being the most likely to save her...because he demanded $50,000 in cash be available to cover costs before he would start treatments. The treatments we did get for her caused the cancer to spread to her brain and she died in our arms not even knowing our names.

I have nothing but contempt for doctors...which does make it rather odd that I'm defending Murray (as far as jail time goes)...so blame him for being a quack and make sure he can't ever practice and hurt anyone else again, but as far as MJ's death goes...that is on his own head.

Wombat

Well, bedtime for me (early day tomorrow) so I will have to say we agree to disagree on this. No hard feelings toward anyone...just a different angle we each look on the same scene with.

See ya : )

hallevy1

Everything in Murray Case looks like Michael Joe Jackson trials scenario : how to charge an INNOCENT?
MJ, I can't breath till the next episode... HD becomes very exciting! The show must go on!
We thank you and we love you more, MJ!
Hallevy

Donna

If Dr. Murray administered Anesthesia for insomnia, called it off-label prescribing and made up other excuses for the combination of other drugs he knew would be found in the body of his dead patient Michael Jackson during autopsy – what other type of dangerous substandard treatment could he be administering to other patients with other medical conditions.

Respectful Medical Professionals where shocked and could not have imaged such substandard dangerous medical treatment being administered by any physician.

I hope Dr. Murray ends up with his medical privileges revoked anywhere in the United States permanently and given the Worldwide Interest - I doubt any Country in the World would ever allowed him to practice medicine despite his current inability to leave while this matter is pending outcome.

Linda Lovelest

* Thanks janalal4 for the info, but having been one doesn't give you a monopoly on understanding an addicts habits, motives, etc. There have been a couple of heavy users in my close family and friends over the years....I'm well aware of their problems. But Michael Jacksons multiple character flaws can't all be attributed to his drug addictions either.

Peace....janalal4
There's sure plenty of MJ topic boards now! The "show" is under way.

marson

Dr. Murray's license in the state of California has been suspended pending the outcome of the trial. Apparently he holds licenses in other states, and that's what the judge was talking about when he told him not to give profonol to anyone anywhere. California was wise to pull his license, and the other states he's licensed in would be wise to do the same, and they may. You can work in whatever state you are licensed in. You must have a license to practice in each state. I assume he has more than one. When you are involved in any criminal or legal situation it has to be reported to the license board, and they can take whatever action they believe necessary to protect the public. Cudos to CA. Lets hope the others follow CA. I wouldn't go to a Dr. who was involved in something like this would you?

pauline

I honestly don’t understand why you people keep calling MJ a drug addict when he passed his physical for AEG as well as a drug test for nurse Cheryl lee, and the coroner report also concluded he was healthy. He was a CHRONIC INSOMINIAC, not an addict. Unless michael told Murray, “give me lethal amounts of propofol and then leave me unattended for 30 minutes so I can die”, then its not his fault. Michael hired this guy to take care of him, not kill him. He didn’t hire murray to feed him drugs and enable him, morons. He hired murray because he was a 50 year old man with many health problems doing a 50 concert tour, and he needed a docter to take care of him.

Linda Lovelest

77. tellit, that must have been why he received so many awards!!! he kept everything so private as you put it, i am not sure how anyone would know all of his good works then if he were so private??A MASTER MANIPULATOR??????? COME ON YOU DONT BELEIVE THAT FOR A SECOND DO YOU? HE WAS THE ONE BEING MANIPULATED BY EVERYONE!!!sue from tampa

Posted at 8:47PM on Feb 8th 2010 by sue
_____________________

oh sweet sue....how you do have that wrong! Michael Jackson was never manipulated....lol Not even as a child....He may have been beaten but never manipulated....HE told them what if...if things didn't go his way. Including Joe.

BUT that is your opinion.
And mine is mine.
Have a good time in here sue, there is so much new activity...finally!

Alot of new akas also.....rofl...(not meaning you)
Later

Linda Lovelest

** PS sue from tampa...honey in my orginal comment I wasn't making any reference to Michael Jacksons awards and accolades...those were definitely public and earned...

kimmie

I love MJ, period. But I do ask this question. Was the Propofol administered thru an IV or injected directly into the veins. Given thru an IV is more "paced" or "controlled". I ask this because, does anyone think that Dr Murray was trying to cut MJ back, Dr. Murray left the room, MJ still was not resting and maybe, and I hate to ask this, but just maybe MJ injected himself with the lethal dose that killed him?

Michael was very smart and careful, but what if he was upset because Dr. Murray didn't give him ALL that he wanted?

Did Michael collapse or die in his sleep in bed, I hear different things, I heard the kids were in the room, and when MJ fell, they thought he was playing around.

I do think outside the box, but not on the prior allegations brought against Michael, he was innocent and was just an easy target for greedy people.

These questions always plagued me, that's all.

RIP, dearest MJ.....the world loves you more.

Linda Lovelest

78. Posted at 8:49PM on Feb 8th 2010 by roe50
__________________

Yes roe50...My....78. "He hobknobbed the rich and famous"...was denoting precisely that...referring to Mac and other child stars..

Have a great time posting tonight.

Linda Lovelest

*** lankandiva...good to hear from you...thanks for the link...although I'm not quite sure what to make of that last one...if anything...I try not to "read" too much into everything.
lol

Sure is plenty of territory to cover in here today...finally...some topics worth commenting on!

Take care lankandiva...where is susie?

Truth Unblinded

Posted at 9:56PM on Feb 8th 2010 by marson

Wrong. Did you not read the story? His license has NOT been pulled. He is only barred from possessing and administering ant anesthetics. His license to practice medicine otherwise is completely intact.