« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tim Tebow's Super Bowl Ad -- That Was It?

2/8/2010 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After weeks of hype and outrage, the Super Bowl commercial with Heisman Trophy winner Tim Tebow finally aired Sunday night -- so what was all the fuss about?

The ad, paid for by Focus on the Family, features Tim and his mom -- but doesn't make mention whatsoever of any political issue (*cough cough abortion).

If you want to be upset about anything that went on during the Super Bowl -- take your anger out on whoever booked The Who for the halftime show.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Just another example of the Neo-Comm leftists being forced to eat their own words

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Damn, his mom is a hottie

Confused

The couple of minutes I watched of the halftime show was a snoozefest. If you're gonna get an old-timer, what about Tina Turner? (I watched What's Love got to Do with It twice this weekend, so I'm in a Tina place).

footmeon123

L337M4573R

28. Are you FREAKIN' serious?!!! The Who still ROCK~~they are legends!

Posted at 3:06AM on Feb 8th 2010 by sarah

king kong is a legendary movie would you go to see it again?

the who is boring

carol

The Who Was Terrible. I was holding my ears.

JeffinSac

Seeing as how TMZ was one of the media organizations hyping it, you can clean up the egg on your face now.

wisey

Mad they booked one of the most legendary bands of all time?? Get a clue!

justagirl

Good strong positive message.

NakedReporta

@ Kasey

Wow. Just wow. Did you even read what I wrote? Read it again. Pay attention to the FIRST word.

If I didn't know who Focus On The Family was, and I didn't know who Tim Tebow was, and I saw this commercial, my first reaction would be that Focus On The Family must be a gay rights organization, because that woman's son looks like he is totally gay.

If. IF. I know who the hell Focus On The Family is. I know who Tim Tebow is. What I'm saying is that (1) the commercial is very vague in terms of its message, and (2) Tim Tebow is acting in a very effeminate manner. In fact, he has always struck me as kind of a fey guy. Maybe not necessarily gay, but fey, yes.

Maybe next time, before you criticize, you should learn how to read for comprehension. And then your next lesson can be to learn how to write for comprehension. Because from your reply, it is clear that you are currently capable of neither. In fact, I'm fairly certain that you are exactly the type of impressionable person of low intelligence that this ad hoped to reach. So yay, they got one!

Susan

Stupid comment.....The Who were excellent and that's the consensus I'm hearing from everyone that saw it

keishalee98

AWESOME COMMERCIAL BUT A LOOSER OF A HALFTIME. THERE WAS NOTHING OFFENSIVE ABOUT THIS AD LIKE SOME IDIOTS MADE IT TO BE. THAT SINGING GROUP AT HALFTIME NEEDS TO RETIRE AND STAY IN RETIREMENT. THAT WAS THE WORST HALFTIME IN NFL. THEY CANNOT SING LIKE THEY USE TO. RATHER HAD SEEN JANET JACKSON OR BLACK EYE PEAS, SUGARLAND, USHER OR BEYONCE.

CurtD

The ad for Sketchers shoes, where you can tone your legs and fix up your posture, is showing more growing search trends than the Betty Whte ad that spiked early and then has stayed constant. We study search demand/supply trends from around the world to find profitable niches and products, and the main problem with predictions is that no one looks at the "supply" side to these predictions. A niche, or hot predictions, is not just a demand side issue, but a supply/demand curve. If you predict IPHONE apps will take off, and there are already 100,000 aps, then you aren't going to hit that one. If you see that demand for cell phone radiation shields is going nuts and there are only two suppliers, then you can be pretty sure that it will be a good year for those 2 supplies. The software at www.TheInternetTimeMachine.com studies both the demand (search volume) and supply (think "results" in Google). The Google Phone is generating much more buzz right now then say the Apple Ipad.
Cheers,
Curt
Here is a video on what I mean.. http://bit.ly/SearchSurge

Mariah

All I can say is I am hella-happy I was born in 1971. A few years later my biological mother may have made an entirely different decision...not that she couldn't have gone a different route in '71 but whatever...

I think I'm a pretty decent person, no I haven't done anything as remarkable as Tim Tebow, I'm not a supreme athlete, I'm not a doctor or lawyer or hotshot businesswoman--but I treat others with respect and work hard for a living and try to contribute to society as my adoptive parents taught me.

All children deserve a shot. If grown adults would be more responsible with their own bodies and the decisions that they make with it, abortions would not be as necessary as people deem them to be.

ChuckB

The WHO were great, but the tebow commercial just didn't cut it
and that's all I got to say about that.