Dr. Murray As 'Inspirational' as Michael Jackson

2/10/2010 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the members of Dr. Conrad Murray's legal team says he's not concerned about the possibility of a downtown L.A. jury dominated by African Americans, because "Dr. Murray is as much of an inspiration as Michael Jackson was."

Dr. Murray As 'Inspirational' as Michael Jackson

J. Michael Flanagan tells TMZ Dr. Murray is a man of "humble means who became very successful" and a jury will appreciate that.

Flanagan also told us the defense team has received a summary of the official investigation, but he says the L.A. County District Attorney's Office has informed Murray's lawyers it will take several weeks before the D.A. gives them a copy of the full file.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

cindee

WELL IT'S TRUE, MURRAY IS ONLY FACING MANSLAUGHTER
CHARGES , IT'S TIME TO START BEATING THE POTS
AND PANS ,MAKING SOME REAL NOISE .......WE NEED TO MAKE
SURE IT'S MANSLAUGHTER WITH THE MAXIMUM PENALITY....
WHAT CAN WE DO?????????E-MAIL OR/AND WRITE MICHAEL'S
FRIENDS "THE MOVERS AND SHAKERS OF THE INDUSTRY...
TELL THEM MICHAEL DESERVES "J U S T I C E"

BILL CLINTON (IS /WAS A GOOD FRIEND OF MJ)
"THOMAS MESEREAU" BRILLIANT ATTORNEY
MARK GERAGOS
APHRODITES JONES
GERALDO RIVERA
SPIKE LEE
STEVIE WONDER
JESSE JACKSON
AL SHARPTON
RAFFLES VAN EXEL
KENNY ORTEGA
THE LIST IS LONG OF FRIENDS , LET'S GET STARTED....
IF WE REALLY LOVE MICHAEL .."LETS DO IT"
LET'S MAKE SURE "MJ" GETS JUSTICE TODAY, FOR HIS
LEGACY...AND ESPECIALLY FOR HIS CHILDREN
*******PRINCE PARIS AND BLANKET.**********
JUST A SHORT NOTE, FROM THE HEART !!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

MURRAY "INSPIRATIONAL" ??? PLEASE, LOL
THAT WHOLE INCIDENT AT FOREST LAWN WAS
TOTALLY FOR THE PRESS

kimberly

Dr. Murray is no inspiration. He killed a celebrity. If I killed a celebrity I wouldn't even have had a chance to go to work the next day. They should put him in jail and throw away the key. He killed someone for God's sake! How do you get off killing someone and be known as an inspiration? I wouldn't trust him with my life. This is pure stupidity!

I LOVE YOU MJ!

Jeanette

Please join Brian Oxman on Facebook: What a great response! Thank you everyone. Keep spreading the word. We are more powerful in numbers. We want justice for Michael Jackson. I want everyone to contact DA Steve Cooley at scooley@da.lacounty.gov and (213) 974-3512, and tell him the charges are not enought. This was reckless disregard of life and 2nd degree murder!

cawobeth

..guess this juror missed-out on a lot the last 40 years.

Cher

Of Mice and Men...
Okay so this is a joke right? Surely Dr. Murder's team doesn't think the general public is that stupid...or do they? I know they are tasked with cleaning up his rep--a pretty daunting task, but
saying he's as inspirational as Michael? He's not even as inspirational as eeyore for heaven's sakes. I think he may want to fire whoever's in charge of his PR because the only thing they're doing is succeeding in getting people upset and reminding them of how he's been a deadbeat dad to 7 children--that he knows of, failing to keep up his loans on his homes and offices and the worst of all, his total lack of integrity and disregard for human life as a doctor. And as for him being a celebrity, I think not. I give even the U.S. more credit than that. Sure, he's getting his 15 minutes and may go down in history for killing the greatest entertainer of all time, but he'll be notorious more than anything, a'la Charles Manson or Kevorkian. This story alone proves that Murray has no sense of right and wrong and has to be put out of our misery. And because he's only going to get a minor rap for taking Michael's life, I hope the family goes after him with a civil suit regardless of the payoff, it would send a clear message to Murray and the world that you can't do what he did and then just go back to business as usual as if nothing happened.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, here's a few things:
1. #16--Conrad Martyr: Now this...is too much. You say he was "just trying to be a human friend to MJ, trying to give his friend what he asked for.." WHAT? Please tell me you don't really believe this. Tell me you were being cynical and I'll believe you because there's no way you could be that dense, I give you more credit than that. First of all, Murray took something called a Hippocratic oath which dictates he perform his duties as a doctor with integrity and do everything in his power to SAVE LIVES, not end them. There is no excuse in the world for what he did as a doctor or a friend for that matter. Actually, it's even worse if you say he was Michael's friend because in that case, he should've cared enough about Michael to tell him no if he asked for the Propofol.
2. #17 Murray the not so great: My sentiments exactly. There is no comparing the two. Michael had been the greatest entertainer for over 40 yrs. and an accomplished songwriter, producer, Director and the no. 1 celeb humanitarian of his time. Murray became a doctor then proceeded to prostitute himself to women, making babies he doesn't support and administering drugs to the highest bidder.
3. #11, 33--It's a black thing...: What difference would it make if the jury was black or white? They are tasked with hearing the evidence then turning in a verdict based on that evidence.
As for Black people's supporting Michael blindly, I don't think that has anything to do with the situation. It's true that Black people have supported and loved Michael unconditionally and it's also true that he was alienated from the race but that was for a brief period of time when some were trying to understand the nose and skin color issue. Then Dangerous came out and with that video for Remember the time and we were in love again.
The only thing I find stupid is you saying Blacks are stupid for supporting Michael as that was one of the smartest things we've done. Michael was the greatest megastar icon whoever lived...and he was black. With all of his humanitarian efforts and innovation in music, dance and video, we were proud to be able to say he was one of us. What people like you don't understand is that he was family to me and pretty much every black person I know--it's hard to explain it because there's Stevie Wonder, Smokey, Usher, and Prince--we grew up on all of these guys, too but I can tell you now it wouldn't be the same response if they were to pass. Of course, it would be a very sad day--especially with Stevie and Prince for me, but I doubt it would be the major impact Michael's death has had on us.
In regards to the accusations that Michael wanted to change himself to look Caucasian, I say if you haven't walked in a black person's shoes, you're no one to judge. Of course, I don't condone it--I think we all should accept ourselves as God made us, to try to change yourself to a certain degree is almost like rejecting God, and I wish someone would've explained this to Michael in this way and maybe he would've seen himself differently. On top of his Dad telling him he was ugly, there's no telling how many Caucasian people made him feel like he wasn't up to par or treated him like an animal--remember he and his brothers did a lot of touring when he was very young in the 60's and 70's when people weren't prone to be p.c. about it. Then again, I remember Michael saying he was never satisfied with what he saw in the mirror and used his face as a canvas, so I think he may have be

r.s first comment

Anybody recalls Dr or former Dr HAROLD SHIPMAN who killed 250 patients alldgedly of some caediac insufficiency, that is what he wrote on deatcertificarets He was loved by his patients because of his nice bedside manner, I do not in anyway equate murray with him,
just a warning not to be seduced by a so sweet and nice a bedside manner.He was the most prolific massmurderer of our times.He died in 2000.Be careful.

TRACY

you know michael was a good man didn,t have a bad word to say murray is quilty and justice will be done, some people can say what they want,but the only person who can,t speak and thats michael,there is people coming out the wood work to make michael look the bad one and his true fans know deep down,god he looked so well on his this is it film.My heart goes out to his children.lets hope murray gets what he deserves.there no smoke without fire.rest in peace micheal some may still want to hurt you but the lord took the best make great music where ever you are

Taelyn

"**Dr. Murray As 'Inspirational' as Michael Jackson**"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA
catches breath then bursts again .. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT HAS TO BE THE FUNNIES MOST REDICULOUS THING IVE HEARD SINCE HE CLAIMED MIKE INJECTED HIMSELF WITH THE FATAL DOSE OF ANESTHESIA (which is impossible).
THESE LAWYERS ARE SUCH IDIOTS..Do they really believe the things they say ????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

jetgirl

HE MURDERER MJ AND THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND HE DID IT FOR MONEY!!!! THERE ARE PPL WHO HIRED HIM TO KILL, BUT HE AGREED TO DO IT! YES, I THINK IT WAS A CONSPIRACY AND DR. DEATH, (MURRAY), AGREED TO DO IT AND HE SHOULD GET NOTHING LESS THAN FIRST DEGREE MURDER FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!

jetgirl

PS: He,(Dr. Muray), is in nooooo way, shape or form an inspiration!!!!!!!!
He is a peice of crap murderer!!!!!!

NONEYA

DR MURRAY IS A COLD BLOODED MURDERER PERIOD! IF HE DOESNT GET THE JUST PUNISHMENT HERE ON EARTH THAN GOD WILL THROW HIM IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS! HE DID IT FOR THE MONET PERIOD! REMEMBER THOUGH, THERE ARE PPL BEHIND IT WHO HIRED HIM TO DO IT BUT HE DID IT!

r.schildt

Inspirational? His dad was a doctor. An absentee father though.
I think that now it is murrays PR-firm that has got a lot of
inspiration.So much negative programs are airing in different countries and so many writers, reporters and producers have
created a whole "hate-industry" around Michael.I suspect that
the PR-firm gets paid for any new idea they come up with and create on these lines.
murray is megalomaniac, a pediatrician, an anestesiologist, a specialist on sleepdisorders and a heartsurgeon.He almost got cought on that last one mentioned.The poor man had a hole in his heart from a shotgun and murray had no business to go and meddle with his heart.But wanted to be a hero.Here in sparesely populated aereas you call for a helicopter to take a critical case for appropriate care.This combination of over reaching his skills combined with 0 on ethics is a dangerous combination in someone with a MD.He should never, ever be allowed to practice again.
He probably got off scotfree on that one by claiming the man would have died (anyway)just what he says re Michael.Same manouver,

r.schildt

Those bruise and scratch marks have been totally ignored.
It has also been mentioned that Michael had marks back of his shoulders that point to him having been moved or dragged perimortem.
Sites and comments disappear.The Jacksond should have hired a P.I.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13