John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

SilvieJ

Huge talent and big celebrity John Mayer needs to take his big mouth over to Haiti and put it to good use by trying to raise money for all the orphans. He's coming off as such an idiot in this interview. I like him and his music but he should definitely be trying to "give back" and do something positive and helpful other than talking about sex and old girlfriends.

t

I don't care if be says that he's not into black women. I really don't. But to bring up David Duke? That fool would put Jews in ovens and hang blacks from a tree!!!!!! WTF! Screw this fool. He is a conflicted closet homosexual. Everybody knows this.

Machelle

There is nothing wrong with John Mayer.
Take a look at yourselves, then look at him again.
He's not so bad after all, hugh?

daroboom

If Mayer actually knew any black people, he would know that black men are about the same in size as anybody else.

Of course don't tell them that. They all think they are Flicka.

jOhNNy bOttLeS

That leave all da big black booties fa me den homeboy.

Lovejac23

Wow---really John? I don't understand your logic for the racist overtures and your feeling the need to discuss former girlfriends. Please---stop and focus on your career and leave the personal stuff to yourself. Thanks, it's appreciated :)

Tyler

He is truly a dumbass!!!!

Sick of Idiots lke Wombat

John, your hood pass has been revoked

AutumnB

John,

Apology not accepted! Keep your white supremist penis to yourself, I hear it's too small to satisfy any black woman and the white women are faking it!

hms3

So he is saying his d*ck is racist??? Or is he saying it hates black women???This dude is stupid and I dont know any black woman that would throw herself at him...come on white boy...you really have to be fine for a sista to check for you and YOU ARE NOT!!!

shawna

I have never emailed in to a website before but I would like to formally
announce a "John Mayer is a Douchebag" campaign and to endlessly ridicule this overbearing tool who is a famewhore in constant need of attention. His incessant desire to appear witty, smarmy, edgy, etc passed old and boring 6 mos ago. He is now just plain annoying. Trying to use that word and look like Howard Stern meets Lenny Bruce meets Cat Stevens is just not working John. You can play a guitar, great, fantastic. Now go back to Connecticut and stay there.

eh

if black people can say "the n-word-omfgz" then black people need to get over it when other people use it, too. who cares what john mayer's sexual preferences are? he probably doesn't want to have sex with fat people either. BFD. everyone has their own personal preferences. not everyone prefers white women. fact. it's not like anyone here has a chance in hell with him. and i'm not saying that like he's all that. just a reality check, guys. and yes, he is an arrogant douchebag but this isn't news.

yessir

"Why did the reporter even ask that question? Like black women are just some objects."

ITS PLAYBOY MAGAZINE women ARE objects to them

yessir

ALSO CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT JESSICA SIMPSON AND KERRY WASHINGTON!!!!!? maybe since jessica's his ex he feels its okay to dog her out like that but wtf he doesn't even know Kerry Washington how dare he disrespect her like that. what is this dirtbag's problem?!!

The Compromise

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that we were at John Mayer's show in Nashville tonight and we got his WHOLE apology on VIDEO! He even cries a little in it. We think he sounds pretty damn sincere but you can be the judge of that...

Anyway, check out the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_F72rbH_I

Make sure you let us know what you think!

-The Compromise