John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

L337M4573R

95. No one should use that word. Black people always get offended when people use this word but yet they call themselves this all the time. It should start with them not using this word. Its just so rude for anyone to use it.

Posted at 6:48PM on Feb 10th 2010 by artpriz

so all black people use the n word?

Just Sayin

This guy really needs to grow some class -- maybe he could find some if he looked back into the hole he crawled out of...

bitsy

This isn't shocking. This is what white people say when black people around. New news?

L337M4573R

128. Who cares what blacks think. They're more racist than any other race.

Posted at 7:50PM on Feb 10th 2010 by Tyrone Jefferson

who cares what white people think? they kill anything they can touch

see there is alot of things to say about every race however you shouldnt say them

Hoffmann

He needs to shut up and take some guitar lessons. What a hack.

big willy

He's now a bonafide idiot. Does anyone really care what this douche bag creep has to say. The rationalizing is just a b!tch move. If you say it, at least own up to it.

Morons like this need to just go away. They're an embarrassment to us all.

NJ

I USED to like him. Now he can go to you know where!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wasted days and wasted nights

It is filthy for a white person to drop that word. There is no excuse and no 'hood pass' for it.

Steve

I'm pretty sure speaking the truth falls under freedom of speech. Oh wait!! The negro sons and daughters of slaves in the USA want to deny away their past. Lets all be polite and pretend freedom of speech isnt protected for all. This goes especially for white males. The rules of truth and speech for them are censored.

Catherine

What amazing hubris! Who does he think he's kidding? We're not as stupid as he would like us to be. This guy thinks he's too clever for the rest of us. I say lets ignore the colossal douche. Let him bask in obscurity for awhile and regain some sense of reality, if that's at all possible.

Jacki

John Mayer is a stupid A$$ who thinks he's hot Stuff, especially since he's dated, HOLD IT, can a committment phobiac really date? Or are they just out for a good time, so scratch dated. Seems to me like hooks up, used them to get to go to faboulous celebrity events, then used them again before loving them and leaving them, again and again... I don't see what the big deal is about him, he does nothing for me...

mayerblowschuncks

I want to run through the halls of my highschool with John Mayers di*k in a jar..............
He is your typical white guy making racially charged comments and then is suddenly apologetic when the back lash begins.
Im a latina and I loved Mayer at the onset of his career before he started f**king famous women and blabbling about it. Those were the good o'l days. I even went to his concert. Im a black woman and he is insulting many of his fans to point where we are turned off. The thing about saying his penis is a supremacist does not make me chuckle. It's just sad that he feels it's okay to say such a hurtful thing. Blacks do use the word which I dont agree with at all either. At least they use it in a way to make light of a word which demeaned us for hundreds of years. N-word with an A at the end is used by many rappers and the black community. Someone outside of that community is not entitled to use it all. Just because you hear black people use it the n-word with an A at the end does not mean you can use it to. I know no one has ever called yuo the N word and reduced you to tears. Unless you know the pain that word causes don't pretend it's okay for you to make light of it. In addition, the racist comments on this site is absolutely out of line. Some things never change. There are classy, educated, refined black people in the world. There are also uneducated, poorly socialized individuals in every race. Let's get over your blanket statements about ALL blacks. You sound like A-holes

Sonia

125. Who cares what blacks think. They're more racist than any other race.

Posted at 7:50PM on Feb 10th 2010 by Tyrone Jefferson
133. Whatever, if you notice the racism in this thread its from BLACK WOMEN bashing all white men, how we're not attractive, our penises aren't big enough for their apparently wide loose vaginas, etc. How's that different than what John said? Get over it, black women.

Posted at 8:10PM on Feb 10th 2010 by ryan

These 2 people hit the nail on the head.....

rcabrera

I had never heard of John Mayer until I heard the comments that he made on the news this morning. John you are an ignorant version of a fool. Just like I always tell my husband, "it is not always necessary to say what's on your mind". I am a black woman and although I took no offense to your comments because jackasses can't offend me, you celebrities need to realize that the "public" you demean is the same "public" that pays your bills... DUMB ASS!!!

I selpt with John Edwards, too!!!!!

Blacks have cried wolf one too many times. Nobody cares anymore when blacks are offended. Especially giving the fact they are the most racist people in this country