John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

Poindexter

Dude has a huge ego. What an idiot....always putting his foot in his mouth. He should just shut up.

M

This was all said in the confines of a hotel room being interviewed by PLAYBOY, He has not heard the last of this. Wait till the playboys start mailing out. You suck as a human John, and to be honest your music is horrible. Maybe going away for awhile would be better then touring, peace out crack addict.

iFart

This guy takes egocentrism to the extreme. The word "douchebag" suits him perfectly. Learn how to keep your mouth shut John...you always sound like a moron.

Ricky

I love how people just automatically shout out racism when that word is said. Get over it...

Poindexter

Myra: Re: Post No. 10: I'm white and do not use that word. I think the word is hurtful and disgusting.

Pookie

It's all TMZ's fault. They gave him lots of press saying how bright & cute he was. but I knew he was a lame dull stupid puffed up with himself celeb. In fact I think he deserves that loser Jennifer who goes for every dirty c ck she can s ck off.

kromen

Your hood pass just got revoked. I'm calling Dave Chappelle.

cloe

He just needs to stop talking. He's such a tool.

kettleoffishclothing.com

this kid gets WAY too much attention...

what a total ball-bag.

tim

OMG he said the N word lets crusify him.on another note what is so great about this alien looking guy?

Ziggy

Nobody reads Playboy so if he'd never apologized, no one would have noticed and still no one cares about him anyway. It's fashionable to drop the N-word or some other racist slur and then apologize, in an attempt for extra publicity. Playboy hopes people will rush out and buy that copy to read what he actually said. What a waste of time interviewing him in the first place. Next he'll say something anti-gay and hope someone notices, so he can apologize for that too.

gee

who says blacks like him? nobody told me....lol ....when did i stop being black?..lol

Mr. Q

Most of you commenting on here, wouldn't have a nice thing to say about a White person if your life counted on it. Fact!

marty

idiot!! he only said what he really meant and now that the word is out ...oops there goes your sales in the hood... you no get a pass for that...

smb0512

This guy is really too much .....too much of a jerk!! I cannot understand how anyone wants to date him or buy his music. He's got nothing in the looks or talent department. He just has a big mouth he should learn how to keep shut.