John Mayer

Sorry for Dropping

the N-Word

2/10/2010 6:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

John MayerJohn Mayer is apologizing for using the N-Word in that explosively controversial Playboy interview in which he compared his penis to a white supremacist.

During the interview, Mayer stated that "black people" love him -- and then he brought up the topic of a "hood pass."

While explaining the meaning of a hood pass, Mayer said, "It's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a n*gger pass."

But moments ago, Mayer issued an apology, via Twitter, saying "I am sorry that I used the word. And it's such a shame that I did because the point I was trying to make was in the exact opposite spirit of the word itself."

Mayer added, "It was arrogant of me to think I could intellectualize using it, because I realize that there's no intellectualizing a word that is so emotionally charged."

Fab

He shows signs of mental illness.

No one talks this way, unless they have some mental illness.

May not be something he should be sorry about, he may require meds. No joke!

brad

I don't think any of you understand. The reason it would be called a n-pass is because only black people are allowed to say n. therefore, if a white guy truly had a hood pass he would be able to call it a n-pass. because he would be completely accepted by blacks. This should be taken as a slap to the face by blacks...but not for the reason all of you are giving. It should be taken as a slap because of the fact that blacks still use the n-word...how ignorant and disgusting can one be. Using the term slave owners coined when talking to your fellow brothers. Your oppression primarily comes from yourself and the like-colored skin of your fellow humans.

Tucker

How did this guy go from being such a promising young singer to a total putz? Keep YOUR MOUTH SHUT - you are your own worst enemy!

Chrisitne

@ Tim and others...It blows my mind when people are surprised that others find using the N word as a bad thing. If you use a word that RACISTS used to psychologically degrade a race of people...guess what??? You're going to be called a racist! They try to pass it off as PC rhetoric but all of these people aren't going to pretend to be offended for FUN. Just like they have the right to say how they really feel, others have the right to be offended!

Rachel

JOHN, used to love you, then you started talking too much and realized you're just a DOUCHE BAG, shut up already. Stop talking, just sing.

Bernard

John, now we know the truth. Like my grandmother used to say, "When someone tells you who they are, believe them!" I never liked your sorry music anyway. You really need to stop shooting yourself in the foot like this.

Fred

I'm black, and a black person saying all white people use the N-word is like a white person saying all blacks are gang members. It's ignorant and disrespectful. I have friends of all colors that wouldn't dream of saying that word, behind my back or otherwise. If one (or even several) racist(s) make you angry enough to wage war against their entire race, they win. Segregation objective completed.

ROAMINGAROUND

Watch this douchebag be photographed with as many black artist as he can....I hope he gets dissed and tmz catches it on tape.

shuffler

I'm officially sick of public figures being SORRY they offended the brain-dead public's butt, kissing said butt long after the event.

Everyone needs to relax a LOT.
And artists need a LOT of free press.

Denise Moulden

OK John you become a bigger jerk every day. Now I'm happy i never bought any of your CD's. U SUCK!

carol

I don't know him but I have to say he comes off as being extremely immature and narcisstic. Not someone I would want to be friends with.

Lee Lee

This guy is such an ass!!!! I mean he needs a spot on "Tool Academy".

John, Why don't you go play in the traffic for a while...the worlds sick of hearing from you. just, SSSsssshhhhhhhhhhhh

HE

Can he just go away for good now? Stupidest man on the planet, lousy musician and a complete failure as a human being.

JLS

Ahhhh the quest to stay relevant. This man's mouth works overtime all of the time! He's not good looking, can't sing well-I don't get why women even give him a second look. I'd bet most of them regret it afterward. He's offensive all the way around!

Diva

Time to backtrack so my album doesnt flop, Too late. John Mayer you are the ultimate failure. FYI black women most likely wouldn't give your Edward Scissorhands looking ass the time of day. It's cool to have a preference but don't try to bash what you don't find attractive and for that you are a true assclown. Kill yourself you know he reads these comments cause he's a damn publicity junkie. LOSER!!